Radeon Adrenalin Edition 20.1.3 drivers

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 21, 2020.

1. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    So far so good except for the annoying Wattman profile not always being loaded. Not just this driver. It's random. Sometimes the profile is loaded after a cold boot other times not.

2. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, had that issue a while back. Fixed it using a few tweaks:
    -MSI AB Erase AutoSave Startup Settings
    -Radeont Reset Feature
    -Removed Game Profile (Upper left side) from drop down menu in Performance > Tuning and only used Global Tuning

3. Overchill

Overchill Guest

GPU:
    Rx5700xt 8oc
    I have install it by the first time playing BFV after 11 min black screen have sound for a minute then nothing happend need hard boot . Then after boot try it again not even 11 game same thing happend black screen.. third time hardboot let it be on window screen nothing done switched off power saving etc around 30 min black screen and reboot it self now i toll back to 19.9.3 which is the most stable for me to play BFV without black screen i get black screen for a sec or 2 then back to the game again this happend twice during 1 game. maybe instead of try to patch it the need to start from scratched writing the driver. This card should be the answer to Nvidia but en the driver is crap. hope they fix this asap

4. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    I have an odd issue with ac unity, not related to specific version of a driver but related to driver settings and profiles. When i change anything in driver settings, especially in any game profile, not necessarily ac unity profile, just any game profile, then in ac unity fps drops from 50-60 to 20. To remove that fps drop i have to reinstall driver and then everything is working properly again.

I hate ac unity with passion. This game has many wonderful things making it standout in ac series but also its technical state stands out even more, in a bad way.

At the same time as my gf is playing unity i am going through ac origins and this game is completely opposite: beautifully looking, very enjoyable gameplay and basically bug-free. The only thing that breaks immersion to me is lack of anisotropic filtering and i have no idea how to enable it. I've read few old threads about it and nobody been able to use af in this game in any way. Forcing it via radeon software doesn't work, there is no in-game option to enable it, config file also doesn't have it, anyone can recommend something to add that nice feature that works? Seeing blurry textures in not so far distance makes this beautiful in every other aspect game look uneven.

5. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    What's with this issue which has been around like forever: that I have to run games twice for them to use the fan profile I made for those games within Wattman, or what's it's name since 19.12.2...

First run of any specific game: fan speed jumps to 100% and hovers between than (noisy) and below 50% (nearly silent), which is quite annoying. Clock speed settings actually DO work though.
    Second run: fan speed never gets above the maximum speed set in the fan curve.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

And also, ever since the new '2020'-drivers, my screen turns dark (not black!) while Windows is loading/logging in, while the mouse cursor remains bright.

Yes I've sent reports to AMD about this, and no, DDU rituals don't solve these issues, for me at least.

6. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    According to the wiki, Anisotropic Filtering is tied to the Texture Detail setting: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_Origins

7. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Glad they are aware of this at last is my only prob

Multiple games may have very dark or very bright graphics in game when HDR is enabled in Windows®.

8. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Will get these drivers. CoD MW has been a nightmare up until recently with my R9 390. Runs smooth, but crashed a lot.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I guess that for the all the cards then becouse it happens here too, annoying.

10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    System locked up while browsing. Restarted. Tuning Control switched itself back to Manual from Automatic/Undervolt. Says it checked for an updated driver, even though it is set to Manual.
    Seems there is no way around it - Hardware Acceleration must be switched off. Seems AMD either doesn't care or is unable to fix this - both are terrible.

11. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    AC Unity, every day i hate it more and more... One day i reinstall driver and performance is good. On next day, with no changes to system at all, my gf starts the game and it runs at 20fps. I'm totally clueless. Once i reinstall driver again game comes back to 60fps.

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I had issues with freesynch, HDR, Black screen, downclocking but never Hardware Acceleration issues and crashes. Very strange card.

13. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Don't recall having problems running a browser with my 480 either. That was on Win 7 and pre-2020 drivers, though... Pretty positive my 5700 wasn't so bad with pre-2020 drivers. Seems weird when games like Project Cars, Crysis 3, PUBG and DOTA 2 run fine, but using a browser locks the system, rare as it may be.

Would be nice if AMD hired a better developer, ASAP. Maybe do a public challenge - fix the issue, get $100,000.

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Go to: C:\Users\your name\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare\players
    Open up adv_options.ini
    Change: ConfgiCloudStorageEnabled = 1
    to
    ConfgiCloudStorageEnabled = 0
    Save and exit
    Start up the game and play 1 match
    Exit out of MW (make sure you exit out of Battle.net
    Go back to: C:\Users\your name\Documents\Call of Duty Modern Warfare
    Delete Players sub folder
    Start MW again. This time it will take a few minutes as it re-creates the Player folder
    Once the cache is complete re-enter your settings. If the game plays fine go back to adv_options.ini and change ConfgiCloudStorageEnabled back to 1

This should stop that issue.

connos likes this.
  15. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I have a 5700xt windows 10 with all updates. Never had the issue with any drivers. Not that its not an issue as many people have this not only with 5700 series. Seems that everything is becoming more complicate to work together, even accelerate browsing.

16. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Browser acceleration became too much for AMD? Sad if true...

connos likes this.
  17. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Just downloaded 7 day trial seems to work gr8 on mine ultra settings good game like the zoom in on big busted gals :)

BLACK DESERT ONLINE that is

18. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Seems to be as they are facing issues with this from time to time. Even with old cards. My guess is that the card switch the clocks way to aggressively but again even at high clocks in game with chrome or discord open in the backround you may crash.

19. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Still got 1 black screen when afk in browser or desktop. With this new drivers.

r9 390 card.

20. 1pvpslayer

1pvpslayer Member

GPU:
    R9 390
    Acceleration isn't reason of black screens. It crashes even HW off, even in desktop, even in game. It is just random.

Anyway it is good that AMD started working on this issue. It is too old bug..