STEIGER DYNAMICS launches FORGE Living Room Gaming PC

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Hmmm interesting. Would want to see the thermals in that case, crammed and making an AIO that's got a single fan rad just to save depth...

3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    a 2080 or 1080 backplate is around 80-100°C under heavy use that's what your case temp would be
    it's "one of those" cases for people who don't really use their computer or don't know how hot components can get :/

mine is bling too but bling that I took 1 week tweaking (changing fans, moving them, reversing them testing various coolers and radiator placements) so it actually works
    selfless bump on what Corsair QL fans are good for (mounted as intake) https://ibb.co/QCQdJJd
    I tried exhausting the gpu backplate heat instead the gpu temps were better but scores weren't so...mounting the gpu in the lower x16 pcie made the M.2 and chipset hotter which activated the chipset fan all the time (didn't make a noticeable noise) will water-cool the gpu later btw, waiting for the next xx80Ti gen to do it

anyway just wanted to say that the freaking backplate is the no1 heat problem not cpu not gpu die that have adequate air,aio,custom loop cooling but not that damn "oven heating element" ><
    and also that with computers being much more powerful and generating much more heat than they ever did, that kind of pre-built small cases have no hope to ever be good in 2020, unless you study and choose the coolest components possible..definitely not an Intel 10k and 2080ti ><

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020
  4. tunaphish6

tunaphish6 Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    At a cursory glance, the layout isn't terrible.

But then you take a second look and you realize it's intaking air from three different sides, and then exhausting from one that doubles as the intake for the radiator, that's also intaking the exhaust from the graphics card, that's partially untaking from underneath the motherboard, that all exhausts into a decorative cover, dear god.

5. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Saying that is that you don't have ever seen a good build with a case like that...

BTW i had long time ago GTX 280 (considerabely hotter than 1080 at full OC when in normal use lol), both were at these temp, but inside the computer case it was cool, due to only 2 vent of 12 Cm, one for CPU and one for everything else, it's not the number of vent or the size that mater, but how you use them.

Now about this build, it look just like ITX board with big GPU in a silverstone chasis, if it react the same as one that i have build once, then it is not hot at all when vertical (but your room wil be :) ).

6. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
    this is my current pc
    EDIT: i will post my temps later on when i heavy game. Anthem + MHW iceborn

My Phantek Shift- am so happy about it (ASUS RTX2080 STRIX)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
  7. akbaar

akbaar Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUFF 3080 12Gb
  8. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You don't really build a SFF rig and expect super lower temps. Higher temps is normal in builds like these, and if it's using the XC gaming sku which it looks like temp should hit about 75c on the backplate which is still under safe conditions for the card.