PowerColor Outs Final Specs Radeon 5600 XT Include TGP Increase and now GDDR6 at 14 Gbps

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Maybe they should start selling minimum 8GB - then 12Gb and highend 16GB ...
    4GB and 6GB should me OEM by now. I understand that 6GB is more then suffice for 1080p ... but maybe in two years this will change .

anticupidon likes this.
  3. D1stRU3T0R

D1stRU3T0R Master Guru

GPU:
    8 GB
    It won't. We're in 2020 and with 1 GB of vram you can still play fine. 4GB starts to be the minimum, 6 GB is and will be minimum even in the next 2 years, since games will be optimised more for 4GB of vram, so +2 GB will just make it futureproof. Look at Fury X. Still an OP card, and perfect for 1080P (not so much for 1440p+ but meh).

I have 8GB vram but never saw more then 5-6GB used. Considering that next games will use DX12 and Vulkan, with better compression, we won't really need to increase vram in the close future.

4. icedman

icedman Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI MECH RX 6750XT
    The 14gbps vram will put this pretty close to the 5700, I feel like this product is going to sit in a very weird position. Unless it's a fair chunk cheaper than the the 5700.

Silva likes this.

5. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    I bought an RX580 4Gb and games rarely use more than 2Gb. I think that for 2020, 6Gb is a safe zone for 1080p.

AlmondMan likes this.
  6. longest

longest Member

GPU:
    1080 Ti Aorus
    @Silva, that's only because of your settings. same argument people always make when they have 4-8GB system ram, "my ram usage never goes over x"... yeah... they are enjoying their storage thrashing with pagefile. you're enjoying your low-res textures.

Undying likes this.
  7. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Games are using what they have available to eat. Tons of games use around 8gb vram at ultra settings.

Maddness and Undying like this.
  8. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    Wat

Silva likes this.
  9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    When you are out of vram system compensate by using more dram. There for stutteting and low texture popin can occur.

10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Would you rather have a 6gb 5600xt or an 8gb 5500xt?

Silva and airbud7 like this.

11. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Faster card ofc but it would bug me going forward.

12. slyphnier

slyphnier Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070
    VRAM usage of the game looks massive at first with 6–8 GB at the highest settings, but our performance numbers show that even cards with smaller memory amounts will be fine. The only scenario where VRAM size has a significant effect on performance is 4K with the high-res texture pack installed, on cards that have 3–4 GB VRAM. It seems the game engine will load as many textures and models into VRAM as possible, even if those will not be used for rendering any time soon. This behavior is similar to the Call of Duty series, for example.

so for gpu, gpu-maker will decide for target resolution
    have extra vram but not enough processing power will get shutter anyway

Silva likes this.
  13. GamerNerves

GamerNerves Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT Nitro+
    This is the banger Navi the market wants. I think this will be largely out of stock soon when available. I understand that tech people are interested in the enthusiast class Navi, but it will most likely be a disappointment. RX 5600 XT is the go to card for the vast majority and it will be nicely balanced between consumption and performance. I'm tad disappointed about the 6 Gb memory, but not if price reflects that. Let's hope we can get this card under 300 € soon enough.

14. AlmondMan

AlmondMan Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900 XT Reference
    I know that. The post I quoted was nonsensical, though.

Undying likes this.
  15. Silva

Silva Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual RX580 O4G
    @longest I'm playing mostly maxed settings on all games. Granted, a bit of tuning AA, and turning off some things I don't even like (bloom, blur, etc), but I assure you Textures are always at High (and don't even come with the argument of VeryHigh/Ultra as I can't see a f*ing difference). I'm playing at 1080p, 1440p would be another story for sure: I'd hit that 4Gb easily. As for RAM, unless its actually full does it really load to the pagefile?

@warlord that's accurate, but wile they're eating what they have doesn't mean they really need it. And I'll say the same thing I said above: most of the time there's no difference between High and Ultra (minus the bragging rights).

warlord likes this.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    @Silva

Yeah, to be honest, it is a psychological thing. Some games have not difference between Xbox One X and mid range PC, but the ability for ultra textures gives me the impression it is better.

More precisely to find differences between image modes you have to search for them, you won't notice on the fly, unless you are a moron who compares low to high and medium to ultra. :D