NVIDIA Vulkan Developer Beta Driver 441.99

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by BrainDedd, Jan 15, 2020.

1. BrainDedd

BrainDedd Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix 1070 OC
  2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    those of you who use cemu, would be nice if you test your pascal devices with TP, XCX and Hyrule Warriors - these were presenting a black screen with hud in the previous beta's.

3. TCHAMMER

TCHAMMER Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Wich Branch?

Why doesn't Nvidia integrate this into its official drivers. AMD does that, too.

AMD Adrenaline 2020 20.1.2 Release Notes:

• Dragon Ball Z™: Kakarot
    • Vulkan®1.2
      • Product is conformant with the Vulkan® 1.2 Specification. Vulkan and the Vulkan logo are registered trademarks of the Khronos Group Inc.

4. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    because nvidia tests their vulkan branches properly before putting them into the main driver.

unlike amd.

pharma and AuerX like this.

5. TCHAMMER

TCHAMMER Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    The problem is that the branches are older and lack features in the official driver such as "Maximum Frame Rate or Variable Rate Super Sampling and fixes for certain games". So you always have to switch between the driver versions if you want to test Vulkan applications but also want to use the new features of the official drivers. So I think it's nonsense that Vulkan drivers have a higher version number but are older than the official drivers.

6. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    The Vulkan drivers have a higher version number because they are newer, not older, than the official drivers so it makes perfect sense.

If it's nonsense to you, that's because you are ignorant about how branching works.

7. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    So that's why the Vega 64 is in spitting distance of 1080 Ti in Wolfenstein II and brought no performance improvement whatsoever in Doom 2016? Gotcha!

8. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    No, it's more the case of the avoiding issues where the "head does not know what the tail" is doing.

9. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    no, its the fact amd's opengl sucks and vulkan is designed for the GCN architecture at the most basic level.

10. pharma

pharma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 1080
    Vulkan 1.2 has to do more about becoming programmer friendly than architecture (except changing previous bad semaphore implementation). I would expect the next released Nvidia WHQL drivers to contain the new Vulkan release.

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15401/vulkan-12-specification-released

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020

11. S3r1ous

S3r1ous Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700
    features you the consumer can use now > theoretical api improvements that will help developers when game ships in say 2 years (reverse for devs?)
    so no i am not that worried, infact even this wont matter once its in main branch, its interesting how testing is done on different branches and i assume theres benefits i cant know unless developing
    with this in mind myself.
    everything unified into one driver has its benefits too i guess but i assume theres actually
    branches there too just not public

12. dr_rus

dr_rus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    [​IMG]

Quite a distance to spit, hope you'll make it.

Astyanax likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    to be fair, he said II not young blood.

14. TCHAMMER

TCHAMMER Member

GPU:
    GTX 970
    @angelgraves13

can you Post wich Branch this driver has and is the feature like „Max Frame Rate“ in the Control Panel avalible?

15. Dan Longman

Dan Longman Master Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    decided to try this driver out on Detroit become human, was running 441.87 before, performance was smoother on 441.99, frametimes were much more consistent. But I was getting driver crashes, so I installed the hotfix driver (442.02) not as smooth but no crashes at all, I have had none on 441.87 either.

Looking forward to when the finally release the Vulkan 1.2 in a prod driver

16. Shadowdane

Shadowdane Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    Hmm might need to give these a try with RDR2. Granted I've gotten mixed results in that game with some drivers.