Logitech Introduces ERGO K860: More Natural Typing Experience

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    [​IMG]

mohiuddin and AntiSnipe like this.
  3. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    [​IMG]

cryohellinc likes this.
  4. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    Hmmm... back to early 90's i see.
    In these time M$ and logitech had already this design... with same arguments... it end with a fail (lot of people were having pain in hands).

In the same "better for your ergo" way there is the Bépo layout for Azerty user and the new Azerty+ layout in a less painfull way, the vertical mouse and the 3d mouse (not the pro 3d mouse that are perfect).

But all of these were bringing something new... but not this one.

5. Dribble

Dribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce 1070
    It didn't fail, the concept is not complex - if you spend too long doing some action near the limit of some joint you get RSI. Standard keyboards are bad as you have to bend both wrists outward to their limit and you get RSI on the outside of the wrists. The split with the keys being angled out does a lot to prevent it. The other problem area is if the wrist is resting below the keyboard or mouse then they get angled upward near the limit of movement and you get RSI along the top (classic carpal tunnel), hence you get something to rest your wrist on to keep it flat.

Anyway nothing new or original about this keyboard but it looks like it has all the right ideas going on.

GamerNerves and greatxerox like this.
  6. greatxerox

greatxerox Member

GPU:
    2xSLI GTX TITAN X PASCAL
    i totally like this keyboard, it's really well think to be useful for long writing sessions. I who have tendonitis, I think it will relieve my tendons by keeping the wrist in the flattest position possible.

7. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    I still have a Wave from Logitech, doing great after a decade of writing/gaming. This keyboard seems to be its successor. However, it's not really comparable with mechanical switches, they just work better, and with a nice palmrest, it will be great for typing as well, not just gaming. My main is now a Apex M750 from Steelseries, it's been quite hard to get used to typing on it because of the very sensitive switches, but after a few months I got used to it. Quite hard to go back to membrane from this.
    The Wave:
    [​IMG]

8. Raplapla

Raplapla Member

GPU:
    -
    Just another standard keyboard with rows that are offset so that you have to twist your fingers to type. Not ergonomic at all.
    Get a typematrix instead.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I miss that, well I still have it and still works great but the mouse MX1100 is long dead which still to this day my favorite mouse

toyo likes this.
  10. toyo

toyo Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070Ti 8G
    I still have mine and it still works (not perfectly though). My MX1100 had some slight wireless connection issues, very rare, but Logitech support insisted they change it. Instead, they sent me a new Performance MX which you can see in the image as well, very pleasant surprise for sure. I've used both so much they developed holes in the rubber sides. The PMX also started to get oxidized on the metal ornaments heh. Switched to Steelseries with a Rival 600 and Apex M750 combo and they're great, but I'm also keeping the Logitech stuff since it served me so well. The PMX mouse (and the Wave keyboard) still work flawlessly to this day, but they're a bit gross from the surface wear. And no, it cannot be cleaned, tried water, alcohol wipes, nothing works, the rubber is just coming off.
    [​IMG]

11. AntiSnipe

AntiSnipe Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6600
    I had one of those. Was the last Logitech keyboard I bought. It cost ~$79 and the keys were sticky and the font wore off the main used keys in like a month.
    Now I have a few noname $35 mechanical keyboards that have double shot, backlit keycaps and have lasted 3 years so far like new...they are vastly superior for 1/3 the price.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    like I said i miss the mouse it came with I loved it so much I attempted to replaced the switches on it cause they were gone. That failed horrible and I broke other things in in process , after that I got the logitech g502 protues core, The bottom button on the side on the mx1100 is BEST placment for thumb button, I have no clue what logitech was smoking when they moved to where it was on the g502

13. RavenMaster

RavenMaster Maha Guru

GPU:
    1x RTX 3080 FE
    Ain't anything natural about that weirdass keyboard. No backlighting, keys are all over the place... :p