NVIDIA Profile Inspector 2.4.0.4

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Ital, Mar 16, 2019.

1. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    I can't load any of my profiles I've saved with this latest release. Anyone know why? It spits an error out saying that the profile name already exists.

2. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    have you tried much older version like https://github.com/Orbmu2k/nvidiaProfileInspector/releases/tag/2.3.0.2 to verify if its related to the new release?
    sounds more like you have a corrupted profiles database (if you have non DCH driver try CTRL+Reset Profile Button[nvidia icon] to Reset the whole Database, for DCH try cleanup and reinstall the driver)

3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Sometimes Nvidia renames their profiles in a new driver and when your old profile name doesn't match, you will get that message (in case the .exe is assigned to a different profile). One of the recent Nvidia drivers renamed the Profile for Red Dead Redemption 2, I believe. The same thing can happen if you had a custom profile created for a game before it had an official profile added to the driver. But I think that all other profiles still load normally. Maybe that's the case here.

4. Derko1

Derko1 Guest

GPU:
    2x1080s
    *Edit: So by simply removing the .exe of the game I was trying to load the profile for, it allows me to import it. It's odd, because it works fine otherwise. Not really sure what the issue is. It also seems to happen only with like the 5 or so games I tried. Everything else is fine.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020

5. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    Excellent, thanks Orbmu2k :) And thank you for the amazing tool that is NI, can't imagine using Nvidia cards without it.

While you're here, quick question: I noticed that with this latest version of NI the old 'Framerate Limiter' setting, if you scroll to the end of all the possible framerate values, now includes a range of hex flags for settings related it seems to the framerate limiter -- I don't think these were exposed before... do these have any impact on the new Framerate Limiter V3? Some of them seem like they could be useful, like PS_FRAMERATE_LIMITER_ALLOW_WINDOWED or USE_CPU_WAIT (act more like RTSS?). If so/if not what are their use cases?

6. Ripan_

Ripan_ Member

GPU:
    980ti
    Can i disable all of gsync and vsync if i dont use it? Or does it efect the game anyway? I turned of gsync and csgo seemed wierd even though i have never used gsync

7. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    @Orbmu2k can you add FindFile support to Profile Inspector?

8. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    If you don't have a Gsync monitor I don't think it would do anything?
    I don't have one so i'm not sure.

9. Ripan_

Ripan_ Member

GPU:
    980ti
    I think it it does something with the framelimiter since the game feels all wierd when you disable it.

10. rewt

rewt Guest

GPU:
    Yes
    This bit flag (bit index #29) appears to already be set on any of the values 23 - 255 of the "Frame Rate Limiter".

11. Im_Special

Im_Special Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1070 6GB
    RodroG, chinobino, -Tj- and 1 other person like this.
  12. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    For some reason, v2.3.0.11 is labeled as a Pre-release version.

Latest release version is still v.2.3.0.10.

13. klepp0906

klepp0906 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 2080TI
    I have a few questions about nvidia profile inspector.

wasnt a big user until i ran into problems streaming vulkan and then i had to modify all my vulkan related profiles and history was made.

anyhow, in a short timeframe ive already found two profiles which have multiple entries. apparently old non-used/replaced profiles. They didnt have any exe associated with them.

any way to purge all those without going through thousands one by one to find the ones that have no exe associated?

or a start-from-current-default type thing, then simply import the user modified profiles ive already exported?

second, when exporting - it asks if you want to include predefined settings, its not checked by default so i assume this isnt beneficial in most cases? A fringe setting if you will? I recently updated via the github and it was noted somewhere along the line that it was a relatively recent addition. Just trying to understand what its used for so I can ascertain whether or not i should be checking it going forward.

14. Orbmu2k

Orbmu2k Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    1. don't bother with those profiles in general, just if they are related to you own profiles then migrate your settings to the new ones with exe assinged.
    to easily find the the correct profile for you game just drag n drop the exe / shortcut / steamlink over profile inspector. it will open the matching profile or if nothing found allows you to create it right away

2. usually you dont export predefined settings, they will probably be updated by nvidia from time to time. if you import them you will overwrite it with outdated values and you lose optimizations nvidia may have done later

-Tj- likes this.
  15. RodroG

RodroG Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080 / 10GB
    Hello. How can I enable NVIDIA FPS limiter V1 and V2 modes via NV Profile Inspector?

NV Profile Inspector ver (2.3.0.11) shows the following related settings under the "Sync and Refresh" section:
    • Frame Rate Limiter (here you can set the FPS value you want as limit, so this option it's clear for me)
    • Frame Rate Limiter Mode (with different options/modes you can select, and here my doubts arise):
      • Default (is this V1 or V2? or none?...)
      • Limiter V2 - Allow all (is this V2? or a special V2 mode?...)
      • Limiter V2 - Force Off [Enables Limiter V1 (Less Input Lag)] (is this V2 or V1? or a special V1?...)
    I'm not interested in V3 because it can be enabled easily through the NVCP and via Inspector too (there is a separate setting for V3 [Frame Rate Limiter V3]).

What I'd need to know is how to properly enable/set up the NV FPS limiter V1 or V2. I need to have this clear for benchmarking purposes. Any help is welcome and it'd be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: @Orbmu2k could help me with this please?

Thanks in advance!

-- o --

UPDATE (25/02/20): Orbmu2K already provided me a detailed and useful answer to my question from here.

tldr: use "allow all" for v2 and "force off" for v1 on the current driver

Last edited: Feb 25, 2020

16. Phil Tuncap

Phil Tuncap Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4096mb
    What's the highest/lowest value you can have? I first thought 0x00000078 was the lowest because of a method used in AA and LOD Bias:
    [​IMG]
    Which looks like it strips away textures or something, but anyways today I was fiddling with the Sharpening value Nvidia added down near the bottom, and I looked online to see what the maximum positive/negative values were for 32-bit integers in hexidecimal form and it said 0x7FFFFFFF and 0x8000000. Tried that with the Sharpening values and I didn't notice a change. Does it depend on the feature you're trying to edit as to what the largest values are (that will affect something)?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
  17. Ital

Ital Master Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080 AMP
    RodroG likes this.
  18. fernake

fernake Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus strix GTX 1080 OC
    Low latency mode lost in this update?

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    It's been removed because people were breaking games.

20. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 Member

Not being able to adjust sharpening on a per game basis anymore? Seriously? This is able to be done in NVIDIA CP, and I'm trying to be able to avoid using that because of how slow it is.