Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rambo, Jan 10, 2020.

1. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Had the same issue, games work just fine.

2. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Games work ok but voltage control doesn't work which is a problem with the VII. Radeon overlay is reporting 893C junction temp. o_O

Really need voltage control to get this card behaving as I'd like.

3. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Had that issue with reported temps and wattage used - seemed to resolve itself.

4. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Back on previous driver to this latest one, which installed correctly but I still can't get voltage control working on a per game basis. The game profiles page seems like a confused mess now with duplicates and other sh!t that shouldn't even be there.

https://i.**********/HsptbLk8/why.png

How do I resolve this problem?

I don't know why the image isn't linking properly. :/

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Image host might be on the blacklist, I alternate between Imgur and Abload most often but others also exist.

And yes I'm not the biggest fan of the new layout and some existing options disappearing or being buried elsewhere.
    (Modularity would be nice for what to enable and use or even install in the first place.)

6. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

Image host seems to be banned here.
    Add a - in the middle of the url.

7. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    Anybody tried to use boost on BFV?

I set it to the highest "scale" (83.3%), but the end result was way pixelated for my taste (especially when flying).

Is there anything else I should try or have in mind?

1440p/144Hz/FS

8. Supertribble

Supertribble Master Guru

GPU:
    Noctua 3070/3080 FE
    Ok, thanks.

Something nice happened. It seems having GPU Z running in the background was causing the problem (wtf). Things are running smoothly now...

Embra likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    RIS should compensate with it IF you also use in game's resolution scale. Play with all settings and keep an eye on fps until you are satisfied. ;)

10. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    RIS is on, at 70%.

I know about res scale, but the whole point is to avoid a full scale reduction all the time and take advantage of scene-specific reduction that should not be perceptible.

warlord likes this.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    If you reduce resolution with amd's boost and use bfv scaling to upscale and improve image quality should be OK for that particular game.

12. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    But using higher res scale isn't it like using VSR? Wouldn't this result in lower fps?

13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    You have numbers. All it matters is if you can achieve more fps with almost identical quality. Make some tests native vs boost plus upscale.

Dekaohtoura likes this.
  14. Dekaohtoura

Dekaohtoura Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6700XT SWFT
    This is certainly a reasonable suggestion.

TY

15. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt

16. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Vulkan 1.2 released today... waiting for new driver with support exposed :)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  17. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Not so soon for a driver update..it will take time i guess..

18. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Well, competitor already have driver out

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  19. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    NVIDIA does have a pretty quick beta channel for it though but then they were also very quick with OpenGL 4.x support and for AMD well they're at 1.1.129 driver wise and somehow using the 1.1.114.0 runtime though the stand-alone installer can be used to update that to 1.1.130.0

Backwards compatible and can contain fixes but most of the key stuff comes from the driver and how the software using Vulkan is implementing it and against which version. :)
    Doesn't seem to be a version yet for a 1.2 runtime or SDK but it'll probably be up soon if 1.2 is now finalized and distribution has started.

EDIT: Guessing it'll be a while before anything comes out using 1.2 though but having support there early would be nice.

For now there's also the upcoming WDDM 2.7 with Windows 10 2020.1 or however else that can be named or versioned and whatever that also updates for the DWM, D3D and what not. :D

But that's also a few more months from a stable channel release and will probably see some driver branch update again from AMD.

Expecting 20.1.2 to be more bug fixes but that's welcome too especially for stability and undoing some of the regressions or longer lasting known issues. :)

Jackalito likes this.
  20. sabrewulf...

sabrewulf... Member

GPU:
    Asus DK Top HD4870 512MB
    Looks like they dicked with something this round, my previous Wattman settings are no longer stable, was running a cool 1655 @1090mv / 1080 @1000mv / +15% Power Limit. It now craps out when launching a game and the FPS hit 1000 + before Chill kicks in (why the hell does that take so long.) Some games it doesn't kick in until your actually in game, another reason I miss FRTC. Using RTSS briefly to limit FPS and getting in game at the 74fps max Chill setting its fine for some games, Witcher 3 now craps out regardless, so I dropped to 1640mhz and its fine again. Other profiles I used on previous driver are also not stable.

Going to wait for the next update since it should also have the Vulcan update? and deal with the lower clocks. I'm not pushing the power up on my previously working fine profiles to get stability back, a few mhz lower is not killing performance for what I'm playing currently. Just damn annoying AMD! I really like the Vega 64, probably the most fun card I've had with the custom AIO setup I made and silent running. But the constant tinkering gets old sometimes, what worked perfectly fine one day, is now crap the next! Geesh!

OnnA likes this.