Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.1.1

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Rambo, Jan 10, 2020.

1. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    I am curious though since I can see frequent spiking of GPU usage including memory but not memory voltage even under idle conditions if that's part of it but then that wouldn't explain the situation for those crashing (Black screen and forced reboot.) when the GPU is under load and it's getting the power and such needed.

Unless the spiking clock speeds are part of it outside of the PSU's hitting a surge protection when it's doing a sudden power draw or having inferior cabling. (1x 8 to 2x 6 might work otherwise but not at that power draw hitting at least over 300w somewhere.)
    But those also happen when Wattman isn't used at all or even when the GPU is downclocked, undervolted or a combination of undervolt and underclocking or even setting a higher voltage level to see if that works so again it's just questions but nothing really definitive for a answer.

Spiking also happens on Vega and VII now possibly Polaris too so that is important as well if the GPU suddenly goes above stable speeds even when Wattman isn't used at all but since the rest doesn't help then it's not a answer either.
    Plus the situation where some titles just crash at random shortly after starting them up or just immediately on start though that's usually just a application crash and not something that takes the entire system down.

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Installed the driver today, went without issues. Make sure even if you use ddu check the clean install option anyway.

Played some Stalker Anomaly and it plays fine. Gonna be testing some more later today.

Jackalito and LocoDiceGR like this.
  3. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Clean Install: Factory reset w/keep user settings, So far is Great.

Played:
    Forza H4 = OK
    BFV Multi = OK
    The Division 2 = OK

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
    Jackalito and The_Amazing_X like this.
  4. EriksR

EriksR Member

GPU:
    RX580 Nitro+ 4GB
    If I try to download it through the radeon software it just stops after about 10s and does nothing
    [​IMG]

5. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    rtss is crap on my rig, the fps pacing when using the framerate limiter is very bad (I see my screen showing refresh rate in real time, it's all over the place even if the game itself is show 60fps or whatever) , while frtc is perfectly stable.

6. Progeny

Progeny Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670 DC2T @ 1300 MHz
    Unfortunetly this is the 4th driver in a row where incompatibility with BF5 persists. First time for me btw that the game was stuttery. Game and monitor will crash requiring a hard system reboot. After that 4K monitor will boot in 1600x900 res, for some reason not giving native res option in windows. Monitor reset is required to fix.

Now the biggest question is, why is this not even in known fixes when people have been reporting this for a while now?

I am absolutely baffled and disgusted with AMD's handling on this one.

7. Stingray

Stingray Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus 2080 Super OC
    Where you having issues with BFV before? When I updated to .2 and .3, BFV kept crashing after few minutes of gameplay.

8. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    NP with my games, IMhO it's best driver for Vega.
    Need to test 3Dmark to fully know if it's better than 19.12.3

Played today BFV NP -> it should work... no i don't have any problems with BFV or BF1.
    They don't like FRT ;)

9. Sabbath

Sabbath Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super
    Is there a custom installation in this one. I don't need/want the audio

10. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Check For Updates set to Manual. Why does it keep checking Automatically? Of course there will be issues - even the simple things are handled sloppy.

Ugh...

11. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    A couple of problems which I've noticed:

1) Check for updates wasn't offering me the new driver even though it was available from tech sites already.

2) Radeon settings cannot be opened anymore as soon as I load a round of Battlefield 1, also I need to manually kill the AMD Host application service after trying to access it. I then need to restart the PC before being able to access Radeon Settings again.

12. UkOldGit

UkOldGit Member

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Still the same issues as 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/19-12-2-19-12-3-problems.429978/

Really disappointed, bloat ware with game breaking bugs. Will have to carry on with 19.12.1 and presumably not get the full benefit of my RX 5700 XT

13. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Neither of these issues are solved even though it says fixed
    Playing Tom Clancy's: The Division 2™ with HDR enabled and performing a task switch may cause display color corruption that persists even once the game is exited.
    Enabling HDR enabled displays in Windows® may cause colors to become washed out.

14. spectatorx

spectatorx Guest

GPU:
    Radeon RX580 8GB
    Have you tried clean install with DDU? In such case (listed as fixed but appears to be not fixed) i would go with clean install to make sure everything is ok.

15. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Hi Did amd clean utilty twice and install also reset when installing reinstalled game hdr works if enabled in windows but not in game but enable in game and back to washed out

HDR works fine with old drivers Guess Ill just wait ....again

16. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    Huh isn't that funny. I used to get crashes playing the Forest and I never suspected it to be chill causing it. Good find!

Digilator likes this.
  17. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Jonas, did you experience the issue while logging?

JonasBeckman likes this.
  18. Sneakybob

Sneakybob Member

GPU:
    Asus RX480
    Planning to test this new driver tomorrow with my ageing system, I will report on my results.

19. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Ok so I thought pick the worst game I have always runs at crap fps ...see if new driver done anything and guess what it has ... Fallout 76 does not even run anymore ha well done amd

20. Morax

Morax Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I installed the driver, but the issue I'm experiencing since 19.12.2 hasn't been fixed:

When Windows 10 is "logging in" the screen colors go dim, while the mouse cursor retains it's proper brightness. As a matter of fact, the exact same issue is reported here:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...r-bright/5bd6c012-77cc-40bd-ab36-c6e424901a99

However the suggested fixes aren't working. The only thing that works is reverting to 19.12.1 or earlier, or change the resolution or color bpp or something after every (re-)boot.