Corsair Brings iCUE lighting control to ASUS motherboards

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969 and nick0323 like this.
  2. Niels Guilliams

Niels Guilliams Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX2070
    I can't seem to find the plugin.zip file?

3. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    That would be because I forgot to add them, check again the links are now in there.

Maddness and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Will have to try this out.

5. Niels Guilliams

Niels Guilliams Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix RTX2070
    Thanks! It works perfectly! ;)

Let's hope they will add options for GPU's as well :eek:

6. PeeCee

PeeCee Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Xtreme
    Handy added feature but it's a shame the iCUE software eats up some fps in games (granted not a lot) compared to other background running software.

7. Lif7ed

Lif7ed Guest

GPU:
    2 x Strix RX480 08G
    Bit of a shame for me, I've updated iCUE and have the latest Aura Sync, bios is upto date along with drivers and it's not showing in iCUE and can't launch aura sync as it says it's not available. Aura sync option enabled in bios too. ASUS TUF B450 Plus Gaming.

8. robbo247

robbo247 Guest

GPU:
    5700XT Anniversary
    Works on my Asus ROG Maximus X Hero,only thing is addressable rgb strips are not yet supported but do show in icue ,so looks like for now jacknet is the only real working solution.

9. Lebowski

Lebowski Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3090 Zotac
    This sounds great as I have iCue stuff and an Asus Aura Sync motherboard. Unfortunately whenever I have iCue installed my PC randomly gets inaccessible boot device blue screen errors so I had to uninstall iCue.

10. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Still using good old iLink. This does sound like a good collaboration though. If they can get all Corsair/Asus stuff working together in one mega piece of bloatware that would be awesome. Last time I installed Armoury Crate I immediately uninstalled it but it left behind 6 services and hundreds of registry inserts which I had to go through manually and delete.

11. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    You may need the plug in linked in the article.

12. kolayamit

kolayamit Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070Ti
    Working with my Asus B450-F and RGB Vengeance Pro Ram, it's beautiful. Thank you very much :)

13. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    They seem to have fixed high cpu usage with full software control enabled although the profile for the division 2 is not worth the effort, asus aura sync is working although it does seem to match up with the spiral rainbow link i use, only thing i do wonder is... dashboard uses 6-9% cpu while Icue space makes no impact on cpu despite displaying the same info.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2020
  14. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    9900kf here. I have cycles to spare for my unicorn murder scene.

15. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Same here, latest version 3.97? I've set it and forget it and disabled auto run, no issues at all. Even if at background.

Speaking of armory i had to install that for mouse.. and yeah I noticed 2-3extra services.

nick0323 likes this.

16. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    4.9.9.3 is the later version, works great!

I have iCUE installed on my Surface just to check for any firmware updates to my keyboard. Not keen on installing Armoury again but without it I can't update my mouse.

17. MegaFalloutFan

MegaFalloutFan Maha Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 24Gb
    This was a sad day for me, wrong type of news, ASUS are bunch of assholes.

18. anub1s18

anub1s18 Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX2070S /WC
    oe pretty good news, i've had to use asus armory crate for my X570 board but my adressable RGB cpu block isn't working right so i tend to update it quite frequently hoping it'll get fixed but this tends to break armory crate beyond repair resuling in the need to format my pc to get that thing "working" again. (i have tried everything, once it updates and breaks itself you are much better of doing a format or clean start it will save you a lot of time and effort and you'll most likely just break most stuff trying to fix it.

seems to be syncing all the built in RGB on my board and all regular RGB, no control for the A-RGB or my g.skill trident Z neo ram.

also unsure how to sync my custom gradiant between my corsair RGB fans and my board.... (it's the only icue thing that allows me to set up a custom color loop (green/cyan/purple/cyan/green) to have a nice shift of color and not RGB puke / attempt at carnival in a pc.

i am just using what's still working of armory to try it in icue (mostly seems to work) perhaps when i format next time to "fix" armory crate i'll just block it from installing and hope that aura will work enough for icue to hijack it. (on my X570 strix-E i have not been able to do ANYTHING with aura, most i've achieved is it turning off the rgb and not on again untill i install a definetly not working version of aura sync >.<, it's been a armory crate or go home situation.)

Last edited: Jan 10, 2020
  19. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    I used the pluggin and it worked fine for a day until my Corsair vengeance pro rgb led`s started freezing up and then the ram would disappear from icue and finally icue would lock up, i dont know if its because i have just standard led strips and not addressable leds or if its because its too early in the software life.

20. DauKoKuTen

DauKoKuTen Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI FTW3
    i've done everything properly but doesn't show in icue and icue crashes every time, MB asus rog strix x470-f gaming. ANY help?