Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 - Download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 17, 2019.

1. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Whats up with path of exile? did they update the profile for that in adrenaline 2020?

2. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmm may be mistaken but i still prefer the previous driver this NEW is full of frills ;):D

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk i like the new look. Everything is there, everything works, looks modern.

If you guys dont like we can make a petition for it to look like 2002 nvidia control panel.

Passus and LocoDiceGR like this.
  4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Haven't played it in a long time myself but what I've seen mentioned is that it frequently causes a display driver crash so it's not exactly the same as the well whatever the problem is to where some titles can no longer start at all but as with so many other issues with Adrenaline 2020 and Navi GPU's particularly it's very hard to confirm since it works well for some users and not at all for others and a third group might just get the occasional application crash or recoverable driver crash.

Same with Witcher 3 but I think it had some specific location where the GPU driver just crashes sometimes to a black screen and forcing a reboot or sometimes just to the desktop.

Would be easier to narrow down with some common factor but there's anything from older hardware and the newest plus stock GPU's, overclocked, or undervolted and non-reference models so it's not as easy as unstable non-default settings either.
    Game specific issues are a thing too but since it works with 19.12.1 or earlier in a lot of these cases something's changed in the driver.

Also seems OpenGL got affected but already in 19.12.1 as RPCS3 no longer works with this although for newer hardware Vulkan is a alternative and for AMD on Windows probably superior anyway though I did see a AMD employee chime in on that discussion and confirm that the problem had been logged. :)

EDIT: Wonder if there's any difference between the stand-alone and the Steam version, hard to say what causes these issues.

Hmm wonder if the added features and engine upgrades play a role, they were some experimental non-working listings in the config file only when I stopped but I think it was implemented shortly after and then more as they're now adding additional content and chapters to the game.

But that might just be more for the GPU to handle and not really confirm as to why it crashes.
    (Well overclock and undervolt results could be one factor but that wouldn't explain those using stock settings for the GPU also getting issues.)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020

5. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    From an older post:

Extract these drivers somewhere into a new folder with 7zip,then Install drivers(from e.g. ...win7-radeon-software-adrenalin-2020-edition-19.12.2-dec12\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF)
    manually from Device manager and after that install the ccc2-install.exe from "C:\Program Files\AMD\CCC2\Install".
    Now you have the new driver with the new Radeon Software installed.

Or install 19.21.1 or an previous good WHQL driver.

HK-1 likes this.
  6. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    @JonasBeckman Im playing PoE with R9 380 + 19.12.2 with 0zero problems.

No crashes, nothing...

HK-1, OnnA and JonasBeckman like this.
  7. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Weird, playing Witcher 3 with tons of mods on Vega and I have no issues with 19.12.2/19.12.3.

LocoDiceGR and Undying like this.
  8. kondziowy

kondziowy Master Guru

GPU:
    7800XT
    Got some crashes in Detroit Become Human in "Fugitives" chapter when walking around a house guarded by android. On 19.10.2 driver and now the same on this driver. Feels bad man but I managed to complete that chapter. First crash in years on Vega64 for me.

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Ah the Witcher 3 problems do seem to be Navi related to clear that up.
    Though I might have gotten the area wrong thought it was Novigrad but it's a Blood and Wine area as it turns out from reading up on it again at least for the topic I found on it.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/dy9c6n/witcher_3_and_borderlands_5700xt_constantly/

There's a similar thing in AC Odyssey and the Fate of Atlantis DLC unless that's gotten silently resolved in the latest drivers now where in the third episode looking at the skybox should cause a application crash or possibly a full driver shutdown.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/ef2jtr/are_there_any_games_that_work_with_the_rx_5700/

Problems reports do exist for Vega and Polaris GPU's as well for a variety of things and the ongoing Wattman behavior for the Radeon VII at least if not more.
    Tracked it a bit better initially but then it was all sorts of bug reports and problems and it got kinda difficult to keep track of it plus trying at least somewhat to separate user errors with actual bugs and problems with the drivers.

Still a bit of a mess though I am fairly confident of the driver side issues getting cleared up now as things start up again after the holidays though it might be a while for all reported issues to be replicated and resolved. :)
    Not sure what to expect for a potential 20.1.1 driver this or next week whenever the 5600's appear in store, today would be nice but aside from 5600 GPU support and Monster Hunter World Iceborne possibly being supported who knows what could be added since 19.12.3 both for fixed issues and updates to new or additional earlier but previously unlisted known issues.

EDIT: Also harder to track potential hardware issues though a lot of reports come from Gigabyte and Sapphire but then the OC and Pulse models are also very popular so they have a wider usage and see more reports plus going back to earlier drivers and having problems getting solved well it kinda points to the software side as the issue less so than the hardware itself.

Fan controllers and bios adjustments can be a thing though but it's not like the manufacturers change that much from AMD's defaults though the bigger cards like the Nitro do push up the power draw defaults a bit although increasing the limiter in Wattman can simulate much the same. :)
    (From 180w defaults to 220w or even higher though unless the GPU core clocks require it for boosting to be more stable instead of fluctuating to lower values it's otherwise just going to draw more power without any additional benefits.)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2020
  10. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT

11. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    Hello well I already did this and for some reason it did NOT work but I'm glad I have a database with several drivers so I went back to the previous driver without any problems and thanks anyway...:)