Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 - Download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 17, 2019.

1. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
  2. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Guys, where did the per game Shader Cache option went?
    I can only find a global option for resetting it, but in the previous driver (2019) there is a per game option.
    Maybe I am not seeing it.

3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Has anyone played Crackdown 3 with the new drivers and does it work? or crash with the new drivers?

4. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah it's missing so you have to set it via registry or it will be defaulted to on.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/9mpzvj/is_there_anyway_to_switch_global_shader_cache_to/

30 00 = Off
    31 00 = On ("AMD Optimized") - Default value.
    32 00 = Always

mirh, MerolaC, Undying and 1 other person like this.

5. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3060 msi 8gb
    Install the latest 2020 drivers 19.12.2 or 19.12.3
    restart the machine
    Wait 5 minute and join a game.
    exit from game and run in cmd with admininstrator : powercfg/energy
    wait 60 second and then visit: C:\WINDOWS\system32\energy-report.html
    The windows timer resolution stuck from 15,625 to 1 second
    the fault is the radeonsoftware.exe that change the timer resolution and it not change back untill you restart.

Also in my machine the radeon settings freeze with version 19.12.3 i have not that behaviour with 19.12.2.
    The fault is atiadlxx.dll for the crashes.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  6. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wouldn't surprise me if it's doing something, I do notice PowerShell.exe going off whenever that software is started as of 19.12.2 / Adrenaline 2020 though it could also be related to the helper services for the overlay which after I've set the driver settings and Watman I remove those startup entries (Renaming a few files as needed.) and then reboot to finalize the driver installation and unless issues appear I never use Radeon Settings until the next driver comes out and stuff needs to be adjusted again. :)

Per-profile settings or actually using the overlay would make that a poor "solution" (Really more of a workaround since it just avoids problems and not fixing anything.) but it's doing something.

So much for the January drivers to start wrapping up and resolving so it'll be interesting to see the first release for 2020 and just how much AMD can do to begin with and from there to well however much more would remain. :)

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Been using these drivers for a while now and they are way better than the initial release of the 2020 driver, not a fan of the new layout mind you, it is a bit too confusing compared to the previous layout.

8. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
    Just posting to add that things have some how stabilised here.
    I've had no blanking of the screen to green (same type of thing to the screen going Black for a second that others report??) with HDMI Audio dropping out when it's Green (complete Sync loss ?). I'll add an odd behaviour I noticed on resuming from Sleep that very rarely the screen resolution will drop to the lowest available at the login screen & windows didn't expose any of the higher resolutions in the Display Properties resolution selection box. Which sorted itself out with a quick Log Off to Log In.

I haven't changed any settings since my last post. Quite liking this card, had fun restarting Metal Gear Solid 5 last night... the hospital escape at the beginning & the soldiers getting trashed by that fire dude in the Hospitals reception just didn't drop a beat of awesome maxedness
    :)

9. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    20.1.1 This week probably...Monster Hunter DLC.

warlord and Strange Times like this.
  10. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmm strange things... running Windows 10 LTSC 2019 no problem but when trying to install this driver in Windows 8.1 Embedded Industry Enterprise AMD tells me that in this version of Windows can NOT be installed ...o_O;)

11. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    They dont support 8.1 anymore, as far as i know!

warlord likes this.
  12. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    According to my friend, 20.1.1 Hotfix (19.50.11.x) is in the works.

ms178 likes this.
  13. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I do not think it is an important title to be mentioned even in highlights, one of the worst and most boring games ever released, with mediocre graphics and sluggish gameplay.

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  14. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Yeah... no, I don't think so.

Monster Hunter: World received critical acclaim upon release, with critics praising how Capcom was able to make the game more accessible to new players and to Western markets, without detracting from the series' core gameplay elements and enjoyable difficulty, and fully taking advantage of the computational capacity of modern consoles to create living ecosystems, with some even calling it the best in the franchise. Monster Hunter: World is the best-selling game in Capcom's history, with over 14 million copies shipped by October 2019. An expansion pack, Iceborne, was released for consoles in September 2019 and will be released on Windows in January 2020.

https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news...r-worlds-second-largest-platform-capcom-says/

warlord likes this.
  15. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    I guess they had a busy week after the holidays to fix the most urgent bugs of the new Adrenaline, at least there a couple of major problems which they hopefully have addressed by now.

16. JonasBeckman

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Well if the 5600 is coming out it would need a driver to support it so I'd expect that to be a thing as well.

Monster Hunter Iceborne also makes sense since the developers are adding in DirectX 12 support which would require more work from the drivers which the current (DX11) profile wouldn't have.
    Fixing the tessellation glitch (VLK only?) for Red Dead Redemption 2 would be good and then whatever is causing a number of D3D11 titles to not start at all with Adrenaline 2020 or either crash or cause a driver crash early on.
    (Err Witcher 3, Path of Exile, Nioh, Atelier Ryza, Dead or Alive 6, Mortal Kombat 11, Borderlands 3 and possibly others I haven't kept up very well with that.)

17. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Add crackdown 3 to that list. It doesn't start as well. As for Path of exile, that works for me.

warlord likes this.
  18. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Hope they stop the driver crashing along with the odd setting resets...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
    warlord likes this.
  19. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    yep I know dude I use drivers for Windows 7 and NO issues til this new driver ok ;)

LocoDiceGR likes this.
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I can't find myself to play this. No way. Even bethesdas skyrim with mods creatures is larger, better. Sorry. It is for those without taste. Like dragons dogma series, Capcom is for resident evil, dead rising, dmc, street fighter. Nothing more nothing less from me. Don't make me say the best ever was ghosts and goblin for those once kids who still remember this masterpiece.