Comet Lake-S and Rocket lake-S Intel Desktop processors at ≤ 10 cores and 125W TDP (updated)

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 29, 2019.

1. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    That is just one of those "I'll throw this out there even if it doesn't make sense" arguments. Best thing is, you know it too.

2. lol ^ I'll agree with that... in this case... baiting ... don't give in ;)

3. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I'm cool, not new to the internet or this planet.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  4. :cool: sucks to be hot blooded tho lol (at least I know I am!) haha anyway stay good dude... the peanuts among us know whose who..

5. DmitryKo

DmitryKo Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 7800 XT
    1. April 2020 will be the release date for Comet Lake S and 400-series chipsets - still can't understand why anyone would be interested.
    https://wccftech.com/intel-z490-motherboards-and-comet-lake-desktop-cpu-april-2020/

2. BTW it looks like Intel totally botched their 10 nm process node transition beyond any recovery - now they do not expect themselves to hold their share of the CPU market until 7 nm node in 2022, which would be similar to TSMC's 5 nm node for Zen 4.
    https://wccftech.com/intel-ceo-beyond-cpu-7nm-more/

This may also explain why they seemingly cancelled all 10 nm desktop parts altogether and now work to implement Willow Cove architecture on the 14 nm node.

If Intel had announced their plans, we wouldn't be discussing leaks - and if there are no leaks at all, this often means that nothing is actually happening.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  6. oxidized

oxidized Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6G
    That's nothing new tho, humanity has always been like that, with everything, people will say or do anything in their power to counter something or someone they don't like, and in the end their acts will bring everything back to what it was before, but on the opposite side. Same stuff in CPU or GPU market. I smelled the fanboys train wagon the moment AMD came up with ryzen, and unsurprisingly i wasn't wrong. AMD is our liberator in their eyes.

7. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    Soooooooooooooooooooo true !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The last chip with igpu was skylake and I have to admit here, it helped whilst i was saving for a gpu. And while intel is getting a bashing here and other threads, i do love the amd come back, on a ryzen5 2600. But who cares what node it is 14nm, 10, 7 and so on - If the fastest was still on 45 nm such as the i7920 in its days, would we care about power comsuption? :D

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    airbud7 likes this.
  8. neikosr0x

neikosr0x Active Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
    lol, what a fanboy. Market share doesn't change in a short time. Zen2 is faster Core*Core it operates at lower TDP and with Lower Temps not to mention that the cost is less and works on the same Socket as first Gen Zen it supports faster RAM by default and supports PCIe 4.0. Zen2 is faster in everything else but games and even in games the gap is sooo small that it doesn't even matter and well Zen3 is already finished yet again on AM4 socket I believe. Last Black Friday and Christmas time. AMD Ryzen line up outsold Intel 8 to 2 and they have been outselling intel since Zen2 came out. And before you come back to be with a bunch of s***, let me point out that in my 17 years using PCs i have always been on a Intel PC except for a few years back with AMD Athlon 2600 and now with Ryzen since First gen Zen.

9. Tiny_Clanger

Tiny_Clanger Guest

GPU:
    igpu
    Got a 9600K waiting to be built and a spare 9600k, wont need to upgrade anytime soon.

10. squalles

squalles Maha Guru

GPU:
    Galax RTX 4070ti
    I dont know why another guys always talking about intel still using 14nm, the power consumption is lower than same processor by amd like i9 vs 3700x, have better ipc too, so who cares?

11. kanenas

kanenas Master Guru

GPU:
    6900xt,7800xt.
    Well from 1600x and x370 gaming 5 to 2600x+hero vi and finally 2700X and hero vii i didn't see software or instability issues at least something serius and my expirience with zen architecture it is really nice.The trick is to wait a little for platforms to mature.

12. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Sorry that you don't appreciate technology?

13. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Don't I?

Is that why I have a 165hz IPS 1440p GSYNC monitor? Or VR? Or a 2080? Or spent way over £1000 on headphones? or £180 on a keyboard? NVME? Are these necessary or am I by a chance an enthusiast?

But honestly, I don't care how the performance is achieved, as long as it's achieved. If Intel aren't ready for 7nm but produce a cpu that beats a 7nm AMD, it's a better cpu. And vice versa.

I didn't care for AMD's ringbus back in the day, or in fact HBM. Both great technologies but I don't care if the performance doesn't reflect it.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  14. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    None of that actually proves that you appreciate technology. I know people that own Corvette ZR-1, but they couldn't care less about Corvettes or performance cars in general. More a bragging point than anything.....also, it's easy to brag about owning things on the internet, without actually owning them....

15. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Sorry, I thought we were on a bit of a grown up forum?

16. kings

kings Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980Ti / RX 580
    A lot of people are hypocrites, they just want competition and a balanced market when is their favorite brand struggling. As soon as it goes up, they are hoping for others to fail, so their favorite brand can dominate and even willingly pay higher prices if that is the case.

It makes me confused how some people can't just be happy, that there are finally two brands offering perfectly good CPUs for us. There must always be an "AMD or Intel is dominating" discussion, so some people can sleep better at night. The more choice we have the better and in an ideal setting, no one should dominate, although many people like to brag about it, as if it were fantastic for us, which of course is not.

oxidized likes this.
  17. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    So did I....then I read a post where someone was bragging about the cost of their headphones and keyboard....and about the hardware they claim to have... Are we trying to have an intelligent conversation, or a dick measuring contest? Unless we're discussing headphone or keyboard recommendations there's no reason to bring up price. Price proves nothing in regards to being an "enthusiast". You don't have to have the most expensive hardware on the market to be an "enthusiast" nor does owning the most expensive hardware on the market magically make one an "enthusiast". People buy overpriced products all the time just because they can, or because society recognizes it as a status symbol.

carnivore likes this.
  18. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    I wasn't bragging. I was merely listing a few things I spent money on because I am an enthusiast and have been for decades. I come from the Atari 2600 days, Amiga, built my first PC in 1995. Maybe I should've mentioned that but then again, you could also say that I'm lying?

BTW, it's normal enthusiast level hardware. Nothing crazy. It's not like I made up a story about owning a £20,000 PC.

But to suggest that anyone would made things up kinda surprised me. It has never in my life crossed my mind. Why would I? What would that achieve? Not sure why anyone would do that, unless an immature child raging on the internet does it. Not saying that's you, just thinking out loud...

Anyway, I'm done trying to convince a random dude on the internet. Have a good one bro, happy new year.

19. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    You completely missed my point.....

Price and "enthusiast" don't go together..... An enthusiast is a person filled with enthusiasm (quite literally....that's actually the definition from Merriam-Webster). Spending more money, doesn't make someone more of an enthusiast. Being more expensive, doesn't make something "enthusiast level"....

20. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Why can't you just leave it? I could add that enthusiasts often invest a lot of money in their interests. 100%. Does a millionaire who drops £30k on a gaming PC suddenly become an enthusiast? No, of course not. I never said such a thing.

Anyway, just let go lol, again, happy new year and all that.