S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by S.T.A.R.A.C., May 16, 2018.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    werent the og game prone to studder and crashing? eh its a wait and see title. it not a toss my money at less they wow me and its been too long since the og stalkers to just expect that.

and hows chernobyte doing these days? still clunky and unpolished?

3. michael_d

michael_d Member Guru

GPU:
    FE RTX 2080 Ti
    Game performance depends on implementation. Gears of War 4 and 5 run and look excellent. I forgot to mention in original post they will provide modding tools

4. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That mod doesn't look too bad. This game has been through so much since launch it's crazy. I should look for my old copy.

Undying likes this.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I still can't run any of the stalker games completely smoothly.... I get good frame-rate sure, but there is always little hiccups and freezes along the way.

*edit*

This part of the announcement is interesting, it seems they are aware.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2020
    cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    If they can replicate the atmosphere and have the game be more stable overall.... I could care less what game engine they use. Xray engine produced the absolute best weather and lighting effects I had seen (at that point in time), but it was anything but a "smooth" experience.

7. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It will always run stuttery. Game engine is a mess and all these mods are not helping. Its also using 1-2 cpu cores at best.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  8. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    SoC was insane. the dim atmosphere was like no other. Clear Sky was also amazing,
    i remember some holy sh.. moments and insanely heavy graphics for its time.

i always had hard time with the game-play.. feels very clunky and old, so im having a hard time
    replaying the series.

looking forward for more.

9. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I was hoping that this was not true.
    So expect shitty performance and AI, and bad modding support. And of course exclusivity.

GOW can't in any way be compared to something like STALKER. STALKER design approach is much more performance demanding.

10. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    STARAC's worst nightmare! :D:cool:

Honestly though, the game will likely be better for it. UE4 is a well known engine, but developers need to be very skilled to use it effectively. I'm sure they will do a good job.

Undying likes this.

11. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    I work on my own game, so this doesn't bother me really. But it is disappointing to see how Sergei does again wrong moves. Actually i wish them the best, to create the best STALKER experience, but i'm very skeptical about it.
    That man Sergei is the wrong man for this game.

12. pedropaulo

pedropaulo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD5850
    Bah, disappointement. I don't think the UNREAL engine can create the atmosphere and immersion unique to Stalker games.
    That rubber shiny look...

Witcher29 likes this.
  13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well unreal has gotten less and less rubbery since 3 where it peaked ;p. not that you could not de rubber your unreal 3 games but it took effort.

14. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    UE4 is used in the mandalorian show, not too rubber :eek:

Witcher29 likes this.
  15. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    UE4 can look great, at the end of the day it depends more on the artist designing it than the tool being used.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Could you explain why.

17. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    UE can look great, but for me it lacks intense atmosphere by games, very very few games can do it, otherwise it comes off forced and generic.

ID5+ or Frostbyte is also hit and miss, Snowdrop engine is ok, but idk.. Devision2 looks a bit cheap, I expected more.. the best so far is definitely RE engine and Bungie's by e.g. Destiny2.

I think STALKER2 would look brilliant with capcom RE engine :D

18. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    You can create similar atmosphere with UE4, that's not the problem. Many UE games are not shiny.

I wrote about if before. That man banished the best people from the team, with his retarded behavior. Basically they were heavily underpaid slaves under his command. And obviously that can't work for a very long time.
    Think about it, why they use UE4? Well because they don't have the people who can build new engine, or even improve old X-Ray. That tells you everything.

This article talks about it, 4A section: https://www.polygon.com/features/2013/9/8/4568598/stalker-fallout-gsc-game-world

The most interesting part is Prokhorov's statement:
    Throughout the early 2000s, as GSC grew larger on the sales of Cossacks games, Prokhorov and others began to resent how the company's earnings all seemed to go to Grigorovich. Their CEO had stated many times that Cossacks earned the company more than $100 million, but Prokhorov says the wages of average employees remained comically low.

In 2005, six years into the development of the first Stalker, GSC employed 140 people. Prokhorov says that in the parking lot there were only four cars. Three of them belonged to Grigorovich: a BMW X5, a Porshe Cayenne and a Ferarri F430 with plates that read "Stalker."
    The fourth car was a second-hand beater owned by one of GSC's programmers. One hundred forty people worked for Grigorovich, with only one car among them. There is anger, disgust even, in Prokhorov's voice as he tells the story.

KissSh0t and cerebus23 like this.
  19. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I believe some of the original TD1 artists left or didn't work on the game. For instance the guy that designed the clothing items didn't work on TD2 and it shows, the characters and models all look more "generic". TD2, while great looking, never really captured the style or atmosphere of TD1 tbh.

Time will tell if they can pull of something similar with Stalker 2 compared to the first. Another important aspect will be mods though, I really hope the game remains as moddable as the first 3 stalker games.

-Tj- likes this.
  20. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070