Intel i9-10900K performance increase upto 30% higher than 9900K

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    cryohellinc likes this.
  2. kruno

kruno Master Guru

GPU:
    4890/1
    Well it has up to 25% more cores :):) . With higher base and boost clock and 25% more cores it's no wonder that it has up to 30% uplift in performance (ofc in small print ;your mileage may vary ;);) )

-Tj- and cryohellinc like this.
  3. Alienwarez567

Alienwarez567 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1
    Lets hope they price it decently so we can have more battle on the hardware/price

4. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    This. In a single threaded environment performance will be most likely the same. Max 5% increase. Slap on top of it temps and CPUs ability to sustain that clock.

But more cores is always nice.

kruno and -Tj- like this.

5. wavetrex

wavetrex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ROG RTX 6090 Ultra
    So when they are increasing the number of cores, they show all kind of business-related benchmarks that do make use of those cores.

But when comparing with AMD's superior number of cores, they use single-threaded E-sports gaming benchmarks.

Okay.

Also,
    Cinebench is not so useless anymore when it shows some gains on their side ?

Intel did finish with Magna Cum Laude on the Deception and Shoddy Marketing University.

Aura89 and anticupidon like this.
  6. Fediuld

Fediuld Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 5700XT AE
    Heh the funny thing is that 3900X going to be still faster :D

7. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    With this kind of plattform I care about gamingperformance, not cinebench performance.
    Wake me up when something is 30% faster than 9900k @ 5.3ghz with 38ns memorylatency in games like BF V Multiplayer :)

For "everything else" we have HEDTH ;)

Robbo9999 likes this.
  8. Webhiker

Webhiker Master Guru

GPU:
    ASRock Radeon RX 79
    If you average the numbers shown in the graph, it's 1.13x the performance with 25% more cores and higher boost clock.
    I didn't think Intel regarded Cinebench as a valid benchmark. I wonder why CB15 was used and not CB20 and if the performance delta
    would be the same. Since the CPU would have to sustain it's clock speed over a longer period of time in CB20.
    So it doesn't look like any IPC performance gains or am I missing something ?

Robbo9999 likes this.
  9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Hit the nail in the head... twice?
    Made my coffee taste bitter - hey, that's a compliment.:D

10. neikosr0x

neikosr0x Active Member

GPU:
    Corsair 8GB DDR3 1333mhz
    of course, if you like to get ripped off i understand, in case you could afford an Intel HEDT then yes. But then again is not like you are wasting a super sum of money for a CPU that only runs better at games. Damn, i don't actually use all of my 12c/24t all the time but when i do, I'm super happy not to wait 1.6 times the time same when decompressing and compressing data. All games in my case do run as good as they do on a 9900k lol since i'm not playing at 1080p with all low, lol. Anyone who owns a 9900k or a 3900x to play a 1080p is just wasting money for no reason.

11. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    Slightly faster with double the power consumption... Intel aren't doing so well with this...

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Less more like.

13. Toadstool

Toadstool Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64
    My favorite parody account!

bobblunderton, Fediuld and kruno like this.
  14. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I don't see why this should be news to anyone - this is the same processor with just two more cores added and slightly higher clocks. It would be a bigger surprise if it didn't have such performance.

15. illrigger

illrigger Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Ha! Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.

It still says "i9" in front of it, so it's going to have a $100 premium over whatever the i7 line costs, which has $100 over the i5, which has $100 over the i3 - which means they will start at a minimum of $400. The blessing here is that they are undoing the BS they did in Gen 9's Core i7s, and it looks like everything down through the i3s will have HT now, with the differentiating factors between the levels being the number of cores and minor clock speed boosts, just like AMD. So, in a way, you will get your wish - core for core the prices will likely be similar, it's just that you will need to pay a premium for an overclockable mobo on the Intel side.

Alienwarez567 likes this.

16. waltc3

waltc3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I wouldn't expect an Intel projection to say anything less. I love how the fine print says that "security updates" haven't been accounted for in their performance projection! Intel seems to be getting increasingly desperate--putting out optimistic projections instead of products.

bobblunderton likes this.
  17. spine

spine Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp CE + EK WB
    125w cpu beats 95w cpu by 30%

- Who knew?!!?!

bobblunderton likes this.
  18. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Guest

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    Yeah, I'm expecting at least $600 (probably more), along with a new platform. They're not just going to offer 30% more performance for the same price - this is Intel we're talking about here, not AMD.

19. Jayp

Jayp Member Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti
    This 10 core would have been cool a couple years ago. Sadly for Intel, the 3900X will still be better except for less than 24 threaded programs. Even there the 10900K won't be "better enough" to really matter. Aside from that AMD will be likely providing another IPC increase with the Zen 3 CPUs. By the time that happens the 10900K will really need to be about $400 to make any sense. I'm sure people will still buy Intel as some have yet to realize AMD can currently catch and even surpass Intel in gaming with some memory tuning.

10900K likely won't come for any less than $500 I bet. Not sure what Intel's cost is on it but they could actually do really well with it at $400 but I'd never hold my breath on Intel doing that. Don't worry folks they saved up a bunch of money while they slept on Skylake and it's only going to be used to mislead people and surpress AMD while they build a new architecture they should have got right years ago. AMD was severely underestimated I believe.

wavetrex likes this.
  20. nizzen

nizzen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3x3090/3060ti/2080t
    What gpu do you have?