Review: Endgame MX1 gaming mouse

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    In this article, we review the Endgame XM1 mouse, which debuted on the market in July 2019. The German manufacturer, Endgame Gear, isn't a household name in PC peripherals yet, having debuted on the ...

Review: Endgame MX1 gaming mouse

2. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I like the look and sound of this one - a no nonsense high quality gaming mouse! It's got that awesome sensor, and the quick response switches used for mouse buttons sounds good, and I also like the look of those mouse feet (I can imagine that gliding real smooth), the shape of the mouse would also suit me. I got the Logitech G Pro with PMW3366 sensor though, so I don't need to change it....I would buy this mouse if I needed a new one though.

3. entr0cks

entr0cks Member Guru

GPU:
    GV-N660OC-2GD
    Even has a ferrite choke.

4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Decent specs but looks like it would feel like using a soap dish as a mouse.

6. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    Great sensor. All down to shape and buttons from here on. I bought a G502 Hero for £52. FOR ME, much better mouse. Hate ambidextrous mice. But I'm sure many like them, like I said, all down to PP. Compared to some other mice on the market, if you like the shape, this is actually not too bad.

I just wish we had PBT mice on the market. There is some, I think, but apparently PBT is difficult to work with and would make the mouse extremely expensive. That being said, if Logitech came out with a PBT version of the G502 for £200, I'd buy one right away.

7. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    I don't know much about PBT, but why do you want a mouse made from PBT? What's wrong with the 'normal plastic' that is used on most mice?

8. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    PBT stays true to colour and texture. ABS develops a shine. This is why PBT keycaps on keyboards are far superior. My Ducky Shine 6 is over 2 years old but the keycaps feel as good as new. ABS keycaps would be shiny and slippery after a couple of months.

Just look at your mouse, unless it's new-ish. Where you press LB and RB, it'll shine. It's not really about looks either, but with ABS you loose that texture that new plastic comes with.

It's not a deal breaker by any means, but god I'd pay good money for a good PBT mouse.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Had my Corsair K70 LUX and DeathAdder Elite since summer of 2017 - both seem fine. Try isopropyl and a clean cloth to clean your stuff. I also try to only play with clean hands.

#notapiggamer

GSDragoon likes this.
  10. metagamer

metagamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Dual 4070 OC
    It do has to nothing to do with cleaning at all.

11. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Yep, my Logitech G Pro has got a shiny spot where I left click, and also where I hold it on the sides - so yep they do wear. It doesn't seem to have bothered me, but I see your point about PBT.

12. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Some year after I got myself Kone XTD Optical, it started to show wear on surface.
    I took it apart, removed their surface and did my own paint job. It serves for quite a few years. And since I finished with transparent coating, wear on that is minimal. (Metallic paint is bit darker now on places where I place fingers.)
    I can redo it any time, but I like current look.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    Robbo9999 likes this.
  13. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Maybe I just received ultra-durable editions? :)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  14. gx-x

gx-x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti Phoenix
    [​IMG]

it was ~ 5 euros tops.

15. Irenicus

Irenicus Master Guru

GPU:
    1070Ti OC
    Not sure what you find absurd about it. Those numbers (1000hz polling and 16k DPI) are pretty standard.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    meh was kinda in market or well start looking to new moues seeing my original g502 middle click died right after i bought and replaced padded feet on. so that mouse useless to me now, which leave me with g502 spectrum rgb I got when complained logtiech about my g502 cursor shooting off in random directions, which the spectrum does too.

I looked at this and ended that the moment I saw it dont have 4way middle mouse button that is must for gaming mouses imo and 3 side buttons minimum

17. msoltyspl

msoltyspl New Member

GPU:
    3080/12gb
    60 euro for that mouse ? .... With maddening amount of 2 buttons on top, two on side and mwheel irritating pseudo-button.

I wish 3dconnexion went into gaming mice production, as their "cad/cam" line has models with 3 big buttons on top and a wheel between LMB and MMB. Add some sensible left side like say one on rival 500, a few more sensible placed buttons on top - and they would have a good product going.

18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That shape is great though. Lots of people would pay for Logitech to bring this back in modern form (Current G mouse that's supposed to replace it is to V shaped near the bottom).

19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Its at least 5 buttons short of useful for me.
    My G502 Hero has 11 buttons once of which failed but I managed to wrestle it back into action!