Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, May 30, 2019.

1. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    I just wanted to check if I was doing anything wrong. When I looked at the trees and the leaves on the first part, there was just a bizarre lack of detail.

I didn't see it on the front page and I didn't want to necro an old thread. Plus this is a pretty specific question.

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Most of the cutscenes are prerendered, mind that. That's why you notice a difference.

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Must have been a bug then. :p

Battlepass rank leveling takes too long, im never gonna reach 50 plus without paying...

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    Yes you missed the main thread. :D

threads merged

5. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    I thnk we're past the point where pre-rendered looks a tonne better than ingame. That was years ago.

But this is jarring.

6. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Did you guys got affected by microstutters yesterday after a update? It was terrible lol couldnt hit crap with the ak without attachements.
    Luckily it got fixed later that day and got the AK-47 gold camo.

7. Meccs

Meccs Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 480 GAMING X 8G
    I just bought it yesterday since there was a sale and the game stutters like crazy if I disable VSync. With or without capped FPS. It runs smooth with VSync on but as soon as I cap the FPS below my monitor refresh rate (to stay inside the FreeSync range) it starts stuttering again.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    didn t wanna buy it because i don t wanna end up playing alone, seems that my friends are stuck in the past tense as they only play cs go

9. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    Can't blame them, the campers in this game are choking it.

signex and ramthegamer like this.
  10. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    Some camo challenges need you to camp also wich sucks. Like crouch kills and mounted kills.

I love the game, i have to get used to them. :( When i get my Guided missile/VTOL i always use them on campers on roofs.

They seem to added in Aniyah Palace 48 players Ground War very sneaky lol.
    Very chaotic and sweaty with so many players.
    And if you can get to C flag while enemy holds it, you can get some great flanking going if it's not filled with claymores. :p

EDIT: Nearing max rank and battle pass rank 100. :D gonna take a big break when i'm done with that.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019

11. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Do we have a good performance review / comparison & tweak compilation around?

At the moment, I'm struggling with my system and I doubt this should be the case. The game looks stunning and the resolution I'm using (UWQHD, 3440x1440 100Hz) is quite challenging already. Still, I wouldn't consider the system a slouch yet.
    First, I ran max settings with Reshade & the CAS filter on top. Now, I reduced all of the effects apart from textures, ambient occlusion & tesselation.
    I could still lower my settings a little but I'm not really sure I should need to. All I'm trying to achieve is 98fps average, as the game feels nice even slightly below this. Once I drop below 60 it starts to feel weird and affects my gameplay (I get angry because of the hitching... that's all :D ).

Any ideas? I'm not going to throw a 2080Ti in, the prices aren't justified in my opinion.

12. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I found this video here:

Even though I didn't use most of the tweaks that lower graphics quality, I used the power schedule for example and the game seems to be running better again. Hopefully I'll find the time to go through all this in detail soon.

ramthegamer likes this.
  13. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    If anyone wants to play, add me.

14. HellSpawn2097

HellSpawn2097 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX4080 S
    More campers each passing day, caring only about their k/d.
    The used to contain themselfs to TDM, now all gametypes are invaded.
    Call Of Duy: Camper Warfare is just one epic f***ing fail.

ramthegamer likes this.
  15. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    You know, for every 1 I see complaining about someone else camping, you can bet these same types are A OK with..... shooting peeps in the back who don`t even know you are there. Or shooting someone from the side who again, doesn`t know you are there. The list goes on and on. But you consider those types of kills good and skillful kills. It is getting rediculous imho. Deal ..... with..... it. Tbth, I`d rather not see a bunch of pure Quakers in my milcombat type games. I`d rather see guys actually judiciously using cover and concealment once in awhile, cause that to me is a..... wait for it..... a valid tactical use of milcombat movement. We are not after all playing... Quake 3 Arena with combat skins. But hey? I get it that not everyone plays/feels like me. Carry on then, as you were. ;p I`ll deal with it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    TaskMaster likes this.

16. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Shataan likes this.
  17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Me too. As long as someone is playing the objective, I'm totally fine with it.

As Shataan said, the people running around shooting people in the back (preferably waiting in spots for people to spawn, then shooting them in the back) are far worse. Or those who play objective-based modes and wait in a random place for someone to come by.

It's a game, supposed to be fun. A challenging match is always fun, even if you lose in the end. The game has already gotten faster, "thanks" to some of the changes & players getting better.
    They should've just kept it the way it was after release, balance-wise. Still a great game though.

Shataan likes this.
  18. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    It’s been a while since I played a CoD title. I had just built my pc when this title was released so I’m late to the game.

Got it on sale through Blizzard for $40.

Played 5 hours of the campaign last night.

Best CoD title I’ve played since the early releases. Well done game and worth every dollar. Looking forward to MP!

MerolaC and XenthorX like this.
  19. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    This is the best experience i've had with any cod title.

MerolaC likes this.
  20. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    Of the new releases BF5, BL3, Control, Wolfenstein II, Outer World’s and Red Dead 2 no game has had me really looking forward to the next chance to play the game. No other game has a better feel to the weapons.

I can see the replay potential with the highest difficulties in SP.

The MP will be interesting to see. Last CoD title I played had postage stamp size maps that felt chaotic with the rapid spawn rotation. Twitch style wasn’t for me.