Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 - Download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 17, 2019.

1. hardass

hardass Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 Xfire
    I get multiple BSOD with these drivers playing ARMA 3.

2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's posts on the AMD Reddit of ARMA 3 crashing or not starting with these drivers but blue-screens seem pretty serious though it could be another game of several which don't quite work with 19.12.3, Nioh and some of the Atelier games by Koei and others though ArmA 3 also utilizes BattlEye but it could be unrelated to the anti-cheat software entirely.

3. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    So buying any AMD card (I was thining about 5700XT) will not help me ... I have to go to green team ?

4. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Short freezes in COD:MW will be the least of your concerns. https://community.amd.com/thread/243837. I am on 19.12.1 because I don't experience the issue using these but that is the problem. One driver it will be fine, the next driver release might re-introduce the issue (19.12.2/3). And that is only for me. Might be different for you.

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Fan profile isnt working. Its default after every boot.

6. Perjantai

Perjantai Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080
    DoA 6 wont go past splash screen with 2020 drivers.(Works with 2019 drivers)
    Also is origin client broken with these or coincidentally just broke same time?

7. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    The drivers seem to have some basic issues...I had a system freeze completely while browsing. Global Tuning switches from Automatic/Default to Manual, sometimes. Might be my PC, but launching Project CARS switches my wallpaper to another I had used. Performance Overlay and UI turns off while playing at least AC:Odyssey - not always can I restart it. Toggling Freesync in the Windmill demo toggles it in the Driver Settings(it not working in it is besides the point) - if this is not by design, it seems pretty horrible.

I hope they can now properly polish, after giving us the new features and interface(RIS for DX11 is awesome).

Undying likes this.
  8. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Tried it with RIS disabled? CS:GO doesn't work for me with it on, for example.

9. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2070S|6700XT
    That's an old PC1 issue. You might try the following link1 link2 (last post), it seems saving the current config as a theme is a workaround.

Digilator and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  10. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    I fixed all my COD MW problems ! it was so easy ! bough an RTX2080TI ;)

This was unacceptable I rolled back drivers back and forth for a few days ... the fix was already waiting for me but I couldnt see it ...

OnnA likes this.

11. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    What I've ended up doing was just installing the driver via device manager, so no radeon software installed at all. Only on a RX 580, but I was getting problems all over the place otherwise.

Eg: Install drivers to \amd, go to device manager, display adapters and tell it to look for the driver in the \amd\19.12.3

12. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    What issues were you having?

Could you check to see under Perfroamce > Tuning if you have Global Tuning drop down to the left right below Tuning tab? There should be an arrow pointing down. Once you see the arrow click on it. Are there any other profiles?

13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Project Cars also used to have a bug where it altered the system RGB / fan settings.

14. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    WOW haha

Slightly MAD indeed! :)

15. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Will give it a shot. Thanks!)

EDIT: Might have been the disabling of Fullscreen Optimizations, but sure runs super smoothly now!

The fix worked, yup)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
    AlleyViper likes this.

16. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    The screen froze for 5-10 seconds during play. I've tried even resintalling a fresh copy of W10 with the latest drivers and previous 19.12.1 ... in MP I've lost a lot of "sure" kills because of AMD's drivers ... and I'm tired after all this time for a driver like this. I've noticed that with my 1070GTX there are no issues at all so decided green team needs a win for this one and I took the bullet and got the card. Honestly couldnt have been happier it works as it should and the performance is quite good.

17. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Wait, are you using Vega LC edition BIOS on non-LC edition card? I had similar issue before.

18. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    No ! I was using original Sapphire bios 264TDP and 1.2V max (the card has dualbios - tested the LC one in the past was not worth it).

19. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Then those issues are NOT related to drivers.

What MP titles are you playing? I have no such issues with standard BIOS and these drivers on Vega card.

20. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    I have the same issue. Occurs less frequent on 19.12.1 compared to 19.12.2/3. Only on Modern Warfare for me.