Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. shoja

shoja Guest

GPU:
    2080 GAMING X TRIO
    Thanks for all the helpful info! I am going to give it about another month or two before making the jump. So that everything is stabilized even further.

2. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Wonder if he noticed he was half the man he used to be :D

[​IMG]

3. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I have a problem that when changing volume or hitting mute on the keyboard in RDR2 with HDR enabled (Windows 10 1909 with latest updates, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti with 441.66 drivers) there is a black screen as if tasking out and back in for a couple of seconds as if switching resolutions/Hz (they are set to the same thing in Windows and the game, though)?
    I'd imagine it might be caused by the Windows 10 volume overlay stealing focus from the game for a moment while you change volume/mute status. Does anybody know how to fix this as it's incredibly annoying that you have to wait seconds for the picture to come back when you either mute/unmute or change the volume (especially while playing Red Dead Online)?
    Is anybody else experiencing this?

The problem disappears once I have Windows 10 HDR and thus HDR in-game disabled. Then I can change the volume just fine without getting black screens while doing so.
    I don't have the same problem with other HDR games like Jedi Fallen Order, where changing volume doesn't cause the screen to go black.

Any ideas what I could try to make HDR work in RDR2 without these "blackouts" when using the keyboard volume controls (a way to permanently disable the windows volume overlay, perhaps, although I have yet to find one)?

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hdr seems to have a bunch of bugs related around it, like causing the game to CTD when you switch settings, or you switch setting fine but then starts crashing on reboot. and when your games having mass crash issues you cant work out and it takes the launcher so damn long to launch you REALLY grow to hate the rockstar launcher as a thing.

but run the in game benchmark once you fiddle with settings and your insta CTD will now magically vanish. reinstalled dx c+ .net video audio nope benchmark.

games got some issues need worked out.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    note to self: complete this damn game

Xtreme512, Passus and big ROBOT bill like this.
  6. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    I have many games that i need to finish

Only problem is I can't remember half of them no more ... old age lol

XenthorX and cerebus23 like this.
  7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hence the name of the game ;)

8. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    lol

Netherwind likes this.
  9. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    There are some tweaks besides messing with the in-game settings to make the game run a little faster? Even 1-2 fps.

10. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Nah. Go online & write your own story

XenthorX likes this.

11. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    So I haven't played in about a week loaded up the game just now and my pre-order fully bonded thoroughbred horse has now disappeared and instead in its place an unsaddled Tennessee Walker?! Has this ever happened to anyone before? WTF? This is in story mode.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Did you buy the horse thief DLC?

jbscotchman likes this.
  13. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    I...have no idea haha I pre-ordered and got the free upgrade to Special Edition would that be included?

14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    I have read something about that on reddit a few weeks back!? Did you check the stable if you can choose it again as primary?

15. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    It was a very bad joke sorry, your horse was stolen...

bballfreak6 and jbscotchman like this.

16. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Isn't that one of the existing story mode bugs where it can just disappear ot be replaced by a different horse.

Can't find a definitive answer though and it seems the game might even remove the horse or move it elsewhere and it can then disappear or just die like when the game is being thoughtful and moves the horse off to these rail tracks and the player comes back and maybe finds a saddle in the vicinity.

EDIT: Forgot if there was a list or something or where I saw that mentioned, basically a collection of known problems from the XBO and PS4 versions that carried over to the PC port and have never been fixed.

Probably the Red Dead Redemption 2 Reddit or some source like that for where I found it.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Is your Thoroughbred in a stable? Have you tried loading an older save? I haven't ever lost a horse myself so I'm not sure what could have happened (other then a nasty bug of course).

18. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i swapped skins to goto mexico, that bugged out well everything though reset my horse challenges and etc, that i had to roll back to before i had used the model swap.

beyond that during a mission one time escaping i jumped on a horse that vaguely looked like mine and did not notice till later, that time my horse was in the stables. you normally cannot just swap horses since u need to remove the saddle off your main.

if your really bugged out and attached to that horse you can use the save editor to edit the breed, coat, bonding.

19. bballfreak6

bballfreak6 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080
    Yea I did some digging around on google seems like a bug but I can't find any references to PC version having same issue.

Haven't checked but my horse is now the TW (I am in Rhodes) and my saddle has been dumped right outside the fence just outside Rhodes. I have one much older save file which I am not sure I am willing to go back to haha but the horse is still there in that one.

Yea it's a weird one, not so much attached more so than the fact that I will have to now find and start over with a new horse in terms of bonding etc (little tedious haha).

I googled it and apparently "horse thief" is a thing in the game (obviously not to the way you described it) lol!

Grimbarian likes this.
  20. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I cant run anymore the game on vulkan, after i press the start game button it loads and i get an error message ERR_GFX_STATE. Happens only on vulkan. Reinstalled the graphics driver, no overclock, have 12gb of pagefile.