The Witcher 3

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by morbias, Jun 6, 2016.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    hate yen triss and penis head troops.

like cavil WAY more than i expected to, and that initial armor shot they showed was terrifying.

but i not supporting netflicks and neither is anyone else they hemmoragging cash.

2. lol let them eat cake!

3. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    The first 3 or 4 episodes where kinda great after that it went downhill pretty fast :(
    The plot and story is all over the place its a big mindfuck i dont like it.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    and arent they supposed be going of the books?

and isnt the first book about geralt and yen and the genie and how they became bound to each other? ciri is not even mentioned until the 2nd and she is a child at that point when she meet geralt for the first time?

and some of the books cover dandelion and some of the other sorceress.

they seem to be doing wtf ever they want and that been a large part of the problem right there.

5. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    My understanding is they are going by the saga about Ciri. But the first season is just there to introduce the world and set up the characters for season 2. In books this was also done in small tales about Geralt so a lot of that is missing from the saga. Plus in the books it's not really an issue when you skip from one place to the other to explain something and then get back, while TV show has to have a certain flow and a buildup with conclusion. Haven't seen it myself though, as I plan it for next week, but from what I have seen in a few snips it looks decent to me, definitely much better than what I have expected from it based on the first trailers and information we had.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It took me a little while to understand that the three separate stories aren't happening all at the same time, if my understanding is correct the first season is pretty much to set up the second season.

I think the director is different across different episodes, the first 3 was the same director I think?

I'm kind of enjoying it still...... the orgy scene had me in stitched because of the pose of one couple in the background just going in an out and in and out...... xD

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I've heard that the problem is they staying true to the books even if that means that the casual viewer might be confused. It's something i appreciate, but it's a risky strategy in this day and age.
    Flashbacks are risky at the best of times, but deliberately avoiding telling people that it's a flashback is brave.

I'm not what people would consider a fan though, only played the first two games and the story was never something that stood out.

For those who have done it all Witcher wise, should i play Witcher 3 first or should i watch this and hope that it will make me enjoy the game more?

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    stole this but

"So Netflix being Netflix has to produce adaptation inferior to the source material, as always. For example Nilfgaard in tv show is depicted as Mordor essentially, whereas in books it's just expansionist empire In addition to brownwashing characters they undermined the role of Vilgefortz and regular soldiers during battle at the end of the season.

In books it was Vilgefortz who led mages and king Vizimir II who commanded the army. In books it was Triss who casted that fire spell In books Ciri meets Geralt a lot earlier in Brokilon (not Brooklyn tho , idk why they decided to make black dryads) They deleted completely the character of Vissegerd (and replaced him with Danek, who is a black man) I wonder who thought that making short stories and main saga into one season was a good idea, instead we're given bullshit Yennefer backstory (it's bad fanfic btw which never existed in books) CGI and Costumes are laughably bad,

i can't seriously watch this without rolling my eyes every time Nilfgaardians show up on the screen. King Foltest in books was described as handsome and charismatic in tv show they made him just old frack. Sir Eyck in books was very religious and courageus knight who hates witchers but helps him anyway, in show he gets killed while taking a crap Also there are some OC token characters made up for the show who doesn't appear in books Dara and Danek for example. Overall it's just Netflix's bad attempt to recreate Game of Thrones's success. 3/10 don't watch it. I can't wait to see it getting canceled after season 2."

yea sticking so hard to the books. is their issue.......says people who never read the books.

the people writing the shows on netflick are baerly above hack level PERIOD. and hacks think they always better than the source material.

9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Game first.

fantaskarsef and Redemption80 like this.
  10. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

11. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

It tells you its a flashback in one of the lines immediately after a flashback scene in the first episode, Writers can't help it if people won't pay attention

warlord likes this.
  12. chix_AHOY

chix_AHOY Active Member

GPU:
    RX 470 4gb
    Ciri and the Kitsune Figure

13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I thought the story was easy to follow and very well plotted out. You can obviously tell at a certain point that some scenes you are watching are further or earlier on in the timeline as 99% of those scenes have people that you have already seen die.

Just read that Netflix have big plans for this series with majority of fans praising it they had already commissioned it for another season but now their are talks of a 3rd and 4th season. I can't wait!

jbscotchman and Darren Hodgson like this.
  14. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Witcher 3 sales on the rise.

15. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Cant compare the show to the game he says? LOL this bloody actor literally copied the voice and mannerisms from the GAME. Not a bad thing, but people really need to stop ignoring that and saying its all "original".

Witcher29 likes this.

16. Martigen

Martigen Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti SLI
    I think it's the other way around. The games are set after the books, and so will likely contain spoilers for the books/show.

I just finished the series and absolutely loved it. I haven't read the books, only played the games, so perhaps I'm coming at it from a different perspective.

Apparently it's one of Netflix's highest rating shows ever, up there with Stranger Things. They are now in talks for seasons 3 and 4.

For me personally, I can't wait to see more :)

Edit: This is a pretty good wrap-up and summary of the season, with perhaps a few subtleties explored (ignore the title, it covers the whole season). If you haven't watched the show yet, do not watch this. Major spoilers. If you have watched the show, enjoy.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
  17. Witcher29

Witcher29 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080 Gaming X Trio
    Funny thing is i liked the last season of got better then any season of got opinions i gues xD
    One thing i knows of is that season 2 of the witcher wil be more focust in the current timeline so thats a good thing. No more bs from going back and forward for explaining the characters.

18. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I think they did a pretty nice job so far, even though I could've liked more explanation and introduction of all the characters, locations and factions.
    The only persona I couldn't really connect with was Triss. Is there such a big difference between the games and the books/series?

19. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    Game first.

I have spoken.

20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    good thing nobody was listening.