The Witcher [Netflix]

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by WhiteLightning, Jul 20, 2019.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Short interview with Andrzej Sapkowski about the show!
    https://people.com/tv/the-witcher-author-andrzej-sapkowski-on-new-netflix-show/

2. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Solfaur asnwer you very well,she is a chick @ 22y old.She is not a woman,long way from that part...

This show need a actress for Yennefer role at say 30-35y old,will be good for this show to act as a powerful woman&mature and take,together with Gerald,audience up to the sky (the actors from the game do this very well).Not only the boobs matter.
    Guess what,Denise Gough(Yennefer from the game) has 34y in 2013-14 when she cast for that role.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2019
    Solfaur likes this.
  3. barf...
    more barf...

4. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I think the casting is great. Lore wise i'm not surprised a witch wanting to look her best would stick to her 20s look, she's looking like a beautiful young woman and her acting delivers as far as i'm concerned.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Looking forward to season 2! This is the kind of show that makes my Netflix subscription relevant imo.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019

5. Apparently not; as an aggregate of 112,228 IMDb users have shown. A 7.9 user rating on Metacritic. I could go on all day... don't even get me started with the critics.
    I don't know what show you watched but I saw plenty of "powerful women" - including and most certainly Anya Chalotra's Yennefer.
    Yeah they do... thanks Captain Obvious'
    Thanks for slut-shaming the actress; anymore sexist shade you'd like to throw since we're on the subject? Do you have a micro-penis? I don't recall anyone mentioning boobs... so what she has boobs? *shrugs* seriously... What exactly is your point? That women cannot express themselves by showing their boobs or that we can't see actresses with nice physiques? Henry Cavill is at the peak of his physical game and by no means is he called out for that? Oh.. let me guess the reasoning is that it's ok because the Witcher must be buff... seriously... grow up you live in a world with women and they have body parts lol. Holy cow.
    Oh wow... I guess that.. well just about does it... no Yennefer can ever be anything but that ever again.. thus sayeth the benchmark of excellence set by that example. *hard eye roll

EDIT: You post comments like "oh it's juuust an opinion" - but here's the rub; get online and say something, people are going to reply. If you can dish it, you better be able to take it. The same goes for me. I am fine with that. It is what it is.

Yes there is. Anyone, a man especially who feels necessary to invalidate womanhood by using ageism as a weapon has a problem. The word aversion means "a strong dislike or disinclination". If you're going to tell me that taking away validity from someone in that manner is by any means showing a truthful likeness for it; you're mistaken. 22 year old women serve in my country's armed forces, get deployed to combat zones, are NCOs. 22 year old women are in positions of status and management, work in HR etc on and on. I'd be hard pressed to find this an issue if the genders were swapped. The excuses posted are a smokescreen for an individual that cannot handle younger women being just that; women.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2019
  6. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Henry Cavill answers question to preferred gaming box, Play Station or Xbox.

I have not read the books or played the game so iam just going to grow with the casting, but when Hilbert posted that Netflix was making a Witcher series, I liked one of our members suggestion of Zack McGowan for the Witcher.

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  7. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Am I doing it right?

Fox2232 likes this.
  8. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

- Oscar Wilde

Don't hurt your head over thinking that...

9. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I'll do my best, don't want to end up like you.

10. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    You're comment says almost anything.lickin' chicken,if you know what means.

And next comments(you dont sleep very well last night,do you?) are war of the worlds.My extra Donger doing well,thanks. :D

Nice comparison here.That cute girl(chick) from the left is far from Yennefer role in the game.
    (For debaters,its just my opinion.Sorry,but its democracy,we can debate pro and con here,doesn't?)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
    Loobyluggs and Solfaur like this.

11. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    its not a democracy.

12. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    ^
    But what?Autocracy? :)

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Make your own forums then, where you can play Hitler all day long. Same goes for the others here that can't accept a different opinion other than their own.

Embra and Loobyluggs like this.
  14. He's just saying that while a forum is not a traditional "democracy" which is a government. A forum is what the Admin makes of it really... (which could mirror a democracy...) Saying that isn't "playing Hitler" guys
    Right; I don't have some weird view towards "women" and think for myself. I'm not obsessed with calling adults chicks. Sounds terrible. Listen, you couldn't end up like me if you tried brother...you and your lil alt account over there'
    Oh, that's nice now - "Either agree with me or it makes you Hitler" that is literally the translation of what you just said. What a hypocrite.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2019
  15. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Alt account? You really think you're worth the effort to go through something like that? Newsflash, you're not.

I didn't call anybody a chick, way to go putting words in my mouth.

The Hitler part was obviously to counter that "this is not a democracy" remark. If the word "Hitler" was too much, insert any other dictator name you want. I've been here for over 15 years, freedom of speech is something this forum has never lacked in.

And no, I don't want you to agree with me
    , I expressed an opinion, not a fact, and for some reason you (and others apparently) can't handle it.

16. Pol pot can I have 500 going once... twice... Ohh I totally think I’m worth going through something like that yeah totalllyyy maan totally what I meant by that ... *omg you are literally too stupid to insult...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

17. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Forum is governed by Anarchy. Which is chaotic form of Dictatorship. We do whatever we want, till someone with power says: "Stop!"

But to topic. I do not think it is really necessary to blame anything on actors.
    Some may say that Geralt was kind of... "I am batman." But that, by itself, does not make him bad.
    And all of them did quite good job constrained by script which I see as bad. (I wrote why.)
    So, we will know how that plays for story in season 2.

@K.S. : Please, understand that some people expect certain level of quality. And when that is missing, they are unhappy. Especially in cases when lower quality could have been easily avoided without extra cost. I get it, you do defend whatever you think is OK. But when you start throwing Ad Hominems around, you can't expect people to take you seriously.

18. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Coming from a cretin barely able to post a coherent sentence, that's quite the compliment. Thank you.

19. Speak for yourself. If I see some offhanded sexist comment. I decide to reply, I could care less if all the creatures of the night come out. Banned or not. The last of my concerns is losing membership on an internet forum for defending what is right.
    If I were obsessed with the thoughts of everyone a lot would be moot. Concerned is one thing but I won't obfuscate things with you.
    You're welcome. :)

yasamoka likes this.
  20. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    thanks for demonstrating why women in tech don't make themselves obvious on tech forums.

Turanis likes this.