Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 19.12.3 - Download and discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by mtrai, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    No issues here on my side too :)

Vega 56 + AOC Agon AG271QX 27" 144Hz via DP

2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I can confirm that. Having issues with custom fan profile saving on boot. Sometimes works and there is time it does not.

3. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    60hz / HDMI (HQ Cable 25$, not the cheap ones).

why? :)

4. Alessio1989

Alessio1989 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Because the issues with the old/pre-polaris series begin when you go over 60Hz, not over 120Hz like AMD states. I will wait for a proper release.. Thank you for the response : )

LocoDiceGR likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Most problems are due to HDMI vs DP. Blame your monitor's specs for that. AMD works best with DP for over 60hz/1080p. Hdmi is such a hit or miss nowadays.

I am currently enjoying this driver. I fired up my old trusty 10bit panel@1080p TV in my old 390x and everything is smooth at 3200*1800. All are so butterlike.

6. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Especially for AMD gpus it's better to spend around 50$ for hdmi cable plus a top quality dp to hdmi converter. Dp has higher bandwidth than both hdmi 1.4 and 2.0 which are shipping.

7. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    My AOC C24G1 at 144 Hz flickers with Freesync and 144 Hz in some games, the worst offender is Hearts of Iron 4 and nowadays less so in Battlefield 1 and 5. HDMI or DP made no difference. The experience is way better with a (cheaper) Samsung S24F356 at 72 Hz. I don't know really if AMD or the monitor is to blame here, but it is annoying that I cannot actually use the high refresh rate there, setting the game to 60 Hz works around the issue though.

Also I noticed very strange behavior with this driver not engaging the set game profiles or forgetting the overclocks/undervolt custom settings. Hearts of Iron crashed at startup due to this but got it working finally. It seems the driver team still has some work to do...

8. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    I came from nvidia and gsync. Same monitor. It's amd/freesync issue in my case. Nvidia and gsync was smooth as butter. Now, the 5700xt and freesync runs like a flat tire on mountain tops. Absolute crap. Although 19.12.1 runs OK, it's far far from same quality as nvidia. Actually my non-freesync 144hz 1080p monitor runs better than my 1440p 75hz fresync monitor. Really a shame as going from 1440p to 1080p is a stab in the eye..

9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    VSR + RIS doesn't look good to you?

Freesync does seem to be worse these days...not sure if because of my switch from my RX480.

10. sathyrion

sathyrion Active Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 TUF
    Looks ok in games, but I use it mostly for gamedevelopment and thus, I need at minimum 1440p to ease workflow.

11. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I have 10Bit Panel (OC to 74Hz) Freesync through DP (Good thick Cable, Coper/silver w/Gold connector, 32GB/s)
    FreeSync is working Great for me, last time i have problems with FS was in Fury-X era ;)
    Now is smooth sailing through FPS :p

For my setup New Adrenalin is the best driver to date.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019
  12. ms178

ms178 Member Guru

GPU:
    Vega 56
    Maybe the monitor quality is simply better on yours, it is not the first quality issue I had with that AOC model. By the way, I've tried two different HDMI cables (the one provided by AOC and the one from Samsung) - without a difference. They might not be the ultra-premium quality, but I'd expect from a manufacturer to provide one which does the job. ;)

Apart from these issues, I really like my Vega 56 and there is nothing close at the same price/performance level at the moment.

13. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    I simply go for vesa certified display port cables. They do make a difference. The cables that came with my monitor didn't support higher resolution. I would get black bars around the image and other oddities. I bought a pair that had "silver" and "gold" in them. Supposedly high quality stuff. Same thing. However, the cursor was a lot smoother and crisp. But, the connector itself was very hot. Almost too hot to touch. So they went back. I settled for a vesa certified variant and have been happy since.

GSDragoon and JonasBeckman like this.
  14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    It sounds nice but yeah there is one difference at least though the hardware and specs don't really change for DP but the lower cost non-certified cables can lack some of the full wiring which what was it? 28 wires or something in there for a full cable I believe and that's a bit more important and can affect compatibility though I don't know the hardware diagram very well for whatever they'd be "cutting" on the cost saving cable bits. :)

Gold plated connectors was a thing a bit back but it's not really correct as from memory both bits would need to be plated (And be gold.) not just the cable bit itself. Isolation and shielding was more for VGA and maybe the DVI though being digital that too should be under the same rule of 1's and 0's so either there's signal or there's not. :D
    (DP sending whole packets so it's much the same and I presume HDMI as well but here there are changes to the cables as well.)

EDIT: And length, not too sure what the recommended max is, 1.8 something meters perhaps a bit more before there's a risk of problems not that it stops selling of really long cables that might not quite cut it.

Should probably pick up a certed cable at some point this is some 1.1 store bought years ago thing that well it works but maybe it's good maybe it's some overpriced trash in reality ha ha. :p
    (Well it works but would that apply for a 120Hz signal and carrying that where I assume the cheaper stuff starts showing it's flaws as bandwidth demands go up.)

15. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Well, I wanted to try the 19.12 branch, but it this : https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb212

Such a joke, like I'll have to move my images and audio stuff from my NAS to my c:\ each time ? Well, I'll pass. Which mean even if I want move from my Vega to futur amd gpus, it will be a problem...

EDIT : So I created another user account, and I launch the setup "as another user", and It's working. Dumb stuff.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019

16. morrk

morrk Member

GPU:
    Red Devil 6800XT
    The problem should only occur if there is an issue with the mapping not working.
    Regardless, if it were to occur again you wouldn't need to move anything, just change the mapping back to C: during the install and then back to the NAS again when finished.

17. Rootax

Rootax Member Guru

GPU:
    3090 MSI Suprim X
    Well the mapping is working. And I won't add this tasks each time I install a driver, it's ridiculous. Hell, why a driver setup is even checking this.

18. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    Anyone crashing in COD MW ? I have freezes / missing textures very annoying and freezes are like 5-10 seconds long !

19. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Yes. Even with 19.12.1 but they are less frequent and shorter I think.

bernek likes this.
  20. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Driver is extremely stable. 19.5" 1080p @ 75hz

VSR@1440p@75hz monitor with freesync range 37-75, LFC kicks in. No complaints whatsoever

LocoDiceGR likes this.