After FC5, i Went Back to FC4 with a new CPU

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by pegasus1, Nov 25, 2019.

1. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Never played Stalker? Even a 2007 game, to date have not seen better enemy AI. Just when you think you've got the enemy pinned down, one of them will somehow outflank you, sneak up from behind and curse you in Russian as he riddles you with bullets.

Re FC, New Dawn my favorite out of all the FC releases.

2. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Yeah, so glad i had a 8800gtx for that game.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They could little unpredictable but i've never seen so much bugs and gliches in a game. AI was braindead from what i rememeber.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It could work in an open world game very easily. FEAR was a corridor shooter, so the area for enemy scripting was small. This could be implemented into a FC game easily, as the world has lots of enemy bases and outposts, simply keep the enemy scripting within these areas. You will probably still have dumb enemies outside these bases though.

I remember watching a video on youtube where a dev at Ubisoft said that all future games would use Vulkun and they were in the process of implementing Vulkun into each of their engines (AC is probably first as it's there biggest game). He said they chose Vulkun over DX12 as it would make life easier porting to different systems.

Who knows what happened to that as I am sure it was roughly under a year ago I watched it and for the life of me can't find it.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    crysis ai could do some interesting things, sandbox maps and all and suit with stealth it was easy to bug it out but when it was firing on all cylinders firefights and trying play liker a ghost was a challenge and lead to great moments.

fear was as good as it was because the AI team and the level team worked together and made the AI use the maps well.

many games are just using whatever AI is baked into whatever engine wo much work beyond that. stalker and fear were their own engines also i believe, hell the initial idea behind stalker was that you were competing with all the other AIs to win the game, they could all go off and find the guy, they could complete all your missions and if you sat around drinking vodka and eating you could lose.

i think the devs or rumor claims that the AI was so good in the alpha builds of stalker that was impossible to win and they had to scrap the idea and retool. think they were blowing smoke that they had a build that the AIs could win the game easily though :p.

but yea everything is unreal or cryengine or unity or frostbite now days. they have their AI and the focus is generally on graphics not on making the AI smart or good. we see though star citizen is shooting for AI being so close to players that you cant tell even having tendencies and skill levels differences. i dubious but i have seen cryengine games pull off good sandbox behavior so it is possible, if they can make the AI do that reliably and with enough variety then maybe, atm its stil pretty much a buggy mess :p.

6. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    That person was probably fired and all traces of the video removed.

New renderer for all engines? Hell no! :D

As for OT Ryzen 3000 has vastly improved IPC vs. previous Ryzens and higher clock speeds so you'll naturally see enhancements in single core or badly multithreaded games as well.

Also easy to forget Ryzen is pretty much on par with Intel 8700 in games, give or take, losing only to 9000 series.
    Updating from an older Intel arch. to current Ryzen will increase all around performance by quite a bit.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    You have to admit though moving over to Vulkun would make a lot of sense given they make mostly open world games, not to mention Vulkun runs on pretty much everything out there so in the long run it would end up saving money and time. But sure it would be a massive initial undertaking.

8. AsiJu

AsiJu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 4070Ti EXG.v2
    Yeah sure, I wasn't disagreeing and from what I've seen Vulkan games run great more often than not (Rage 2, Wolfenstein 2 for example).

If something like FC5 got a complete rewrite for Vulkan performance would surely skyrocket.

You already see this in GPU benchmarks where differences between graphics cards are relatively small (CPU limited / held back).

Btw Division 2 is halfway there as it has a DX12 option that actually runs quite a bit faster than DX11. Only problem is it crashes constantly, lols.

CPC_RedDawn likes this.
  9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    The dumbness I described was on Hard. I can't fathom what Easy looked like...

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Division 2 runs quite nicely on DX12, quite a bit better than DX11 on Pascal. Just about the only game I've tested with a difference well over the margin of error. A solid 5-8% at 4K on average and a 20% increase in the min FPS.

11. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Ok, so i have a number of hours invested in this and wow how much better is the En AI compared to FC5, yes the body armour worn by the bad guys is unrealistic in the number of rounds it can absorb but the Ai reaction to effective fire is a lot better than FC5, as is the way they deploy and flank, the flanking is pretty decent in comparison. The Open World and Attachments mod makes the game a lot better, harder but way better.

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Ubi just removed EAC from this title.

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Ofc i had zero will to play farcry 5 especially after how vaseline the screen is and the ai is very bad so in that regard fc4 is much better

14. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    Using Ubisoft games as benchmarks these days makes about as much sense as using Crysis. They're poorly optimized for modern CPUs.

I played FC4 because I got it free with my old GTX 970. I had fun with it, but it's all just grind and grind and unlock towers. Ubisoft needs to be more than "Oblivion with guns."

15. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    I didn't care much for FC4. Not only did FC3 run better but I think it looks better also and had a way better story.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    FC4 felt like it should've been an expansion, instead of a full fledged sequel.
    It did very little to actually make it stand apart from FC3.

Primal is still my favorite.
    And while I really like the first half of FC3, the fact that it falls apart with a rinse and repeat second island, with a pathetic replacement big bad...

I enjoyed FC5 much more. By making small yet noticeable changes to the key structure, it felt familiar with enough individual personality to help it stand apart.
    I didn't finish New Dawn, something else came out that took my interest away... but I should go back to it.

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The missions in FC4 are very well made, and the use of music especially in the setting of that part of the world is really very immersive, i really enjoyed 4 and i really like Primal aswell

18. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    I really thought Primal was going to be an awesome game. The stone-age setting and premise was appealing to me. But once I got to the medicine man and his mind-numbing, ridiculous missions, I just gave up in disgust. One of the most frustrating, tedious unfun experiences in my entire gaming history. The Legend of the Mammoth mission I believe it was, riding these unwieldy beasts through waves of rhinos, other obstacles, hallucinogenic effects, I mean WTF??? I could not continue after this, just basically wrote the game off with no chance of ever touching it again.

19. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    Thats all FC games though, the drugged up missions being completely unnecessary and very annoying. I found Primal tough to begin with but apart from the few medicine man missions was the best in the series, ive not played the latest one though. Completing missions in primal required greater tactical thinking in my view, same as FC 4 for that matter once you faced Enemy with body armour.

20. pegasus1

pegasus1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    When the Enemy AI points down points of fire and conducts dead ground flanking, you know some though has gone into the coding.