Gurus help pick my Christmas gaming presents!!!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 20, 2019.

?

GAME CHOICE

1. Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

32.3%
  2. Resident Evil 2

9.7%
  3. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

19.4%
  4. Devil May Cry 5

9.7%
  5. Code Vein

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Control

19.4%
  7. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare

12.9%
  8. Metro Exodus

25.8%
  9. A Plague Tale: Innocence

6.5%
  10. The Outer Worlds

22.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    family member wants to buy early gaming present trouble is i cant make my mind up what i would like i have made a poll with all the games i have considered buyin but still dont own. can u help choose two??

TY gurus!!

2. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    Here is a video with some of the games on your list

3. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    That's a tough choice as most of the games you listed are also on my wish list. If I had to pick two I'd probably go with Sekiro and Star Wars.

cerebus23 likes this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    also a bunch of games that veers all over the place.

action, hardcore, horror, fps,rts, indy ;p.

heard great things about devil may cry, jedi, sekiro is great, metro was very good. cod is always garbage :p, rest i never even looked at.

atm the momentum is with jedi everyone is playing or played it. outer worlds is overrated wait for a deep sale probably.

5. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
    Oh wow, good choices.

I have played RE2, Control, MW, Metro, Plague and The Outer Worlds.

Lets eliminate MW right off the bat; the game is great, and the gameplay is fantastic - but couple that with a relatively short SP, and a MP that will be made obsolete with their next title while squeezing more and more money from the players as time go on takes the appeal out of it.

RE2 is a must buy if you are a fan of the horror genre, very well made and reasonably priced at the moment. I have replayed the game. Great control, great graphics, good sound and decent replayability.

I personally didn't like Control, I did finish it but wouldn't replay it again. The gameplay is very fun, but I thought it fell short in everything else. I didn't really care for the story that much, and the quests were meh... I would say its just an 'okay' game that I would play in between other games, and maybe not even finish it if another game is around the corner.

I loved and love Metro; if you're a fan of the FPS genre, get it. I jump into it every now and then; I played it twice, maybe will go for my third run. The atmosphere, graphics, sound and fake open-worldness does it for me. I enjoyed the graphics, and the story. I love the variations from levels to levels. That would be my number one pick.

Plague is great if you love the story-telling genre; you would be buying the game primarily for its story telling. Its a great game that I couldn't get into, but heck it was very gripping. I will finish it at some point, got tied up with other things. But the game isn't very long, so that is something to keep in mind.

Into RPGs; the Outer World it is. I didn't 'love' the art style but it got by... decent story and side quests. The dialogues are meaningful and your choices does impact the story . The progression is reasonably paced, and the gun play feels good.

I would recommend RE2, Metro & Outer Worlds; I don't think I have it in me to only pick two - all three are great games! It comes down to what you're into and what you seek. I haven't played the others you mentioned, so I can't say anything on them. I had/have no intentions of buying them either, not my kind of games.

6. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    before il continue with the games you mentioned, RDR2 might also interest you ( i plan to play it next year ).
    should be worth the time and money.

here are my ranks from my own experience - with the ones iv finished this year.

RE2 > Sekiro >Terminator Resistance* > Star Wars > Metro > COD.

7. DerSchniffles

DerSchniffles Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080Ti
    I just finished Metro Exodus on Saturday and I am absolutely blown away by it. One of the better games I have played in quite a while, the atmosphere is absolutely on point and I thought the pacing was excellent. I would give this game a 9/10.

8. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    I havent played much from your list. But i did play Devil May cry and i would highly suggest it ! Although the game is pretty short imo,the completely over the top combat and visuals are amazing. I had a blast playing this without a frame dipping below 60 all on ultra on my 970gtx. Its perfectly optimized aswell and has replay value.But if you want a bigger,longer "more serious" experience i think i'd suggest Metro Exodus above it.

9. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    I'd probably go with Metro Exodus in this list.

10. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Jedi Fallen Order no question asked.

11. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    For the exploration, The Outer Worlds and Metro.