4K out issue??

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by tsunami231, Dec 21, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    So if I do 4K out from my 1070ti to my tv which 4k and only 4k panel I have I get this lil line that random that look like the pixels are scrambled. ( think screen tearing only were the tearing would be is a thin line of scrambled pixels)

IF I put my tv to HDMI 1.4 only which 4K limited to 30fps that line is gone, IF put it back to 2.0 it does 4k @ 60 but that line random appears in the image. some time it every 10 seconds some time it ever 2 seconds.

I am not sure if it cable or what? all HDMI cables I have are high speed cables that come with 4k Hopper 3 and 4k Joeys from dish.

For instance IF i run Nioh in 1440p or 4K the TV sees it as 4K@60 fps but that lines appear, IF i switch the tv to 1.4 mode the lines are gone but everything is locked to 30fps at same time I can run Nioh in 1440p or 4K on my monitor but and that 1080p screen and connected via DVI.

Is this issue with my card? or just cable isnt the correct high speed hdmi cables? cause I get those same lines on desktop if I set to 4k for the TV too

2. Chastity

Chastity Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro 5700XT/6800M
    Create a profile for the app you use in NVCP, and set it to use Fixed Refresh Rate instead of GSync.

3. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Im not talking bout screen tearing the effect i talking bout resemble tearing in that the line appear randomly on the screen it just line is line rainbow colored scramble pixels

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  4. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    You didn't say that you had swapped out cables. Did you? You're describing a hardware issue somewhere. What's happening is you're losing sync on the signal. If it isn't the cable then it is either an issue with the HDMI port or your set. Do you have another 4K display you could test with?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019

5. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I have tried all Hdmi ports on TV same issue and the other 4k tv in house is same make and model same issue all ports, and all the hdmi cables I have are the same there all the high speed hdmi cables dish gives out. as for gpu hdmi port there is only one.

This effect only happens on 4k ever other 4k@30 and lower no issue

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah you know what unless I hallucinating Windows 10 desktop at 4@60 isnt showing that effect, but in games that use 4K it is.

Stranger is seem to only happen on parts of games that have like FMV overly like say logo screen and intro videos on Nioh and main menu, in Skyrim it seem to have on the main menu.

Also according to what I been reading Hi-Speed hdmi is rated up to 4k@30 but does that mean it wont show 4k@60fps? or it will but there be glitches? like maybe what I seeing?

7. Cyberdyne

Cyberdyne Guest

GPU:
    2080 Ti FTW3 Ultra
    That's possible. 4k 30 'high speed' is HDMI 1.4, while 2.0 is required for 4k 60.
    Technically the cable is irrelevant. When 2.0 came out, it was reported that previous 'high speed' cables will work fine with it. I have a feeling they really cheap out on those cables, possibly even go under spec. I've experienced some crap HDMI cables that gave some even worse issues than what you're describing. I replaced it with one of those overpriced 'monster' cables on a hunch, issue went away.

8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    yah I thinking of getting these hdmi as seeing if the issue goes away goes away and they are certified by hdmi.org

I also opened ticket with Evga to see what the say on the 1070ti have from them. At one point I was have video drop out at lest on skyrim se main menu when using hdmi cables, but that was using same cables i using now on 2 different tv and multiple different card @ 1080p , but those drop out or well flickering of the screen on skyrim main menu stop mind you that only happen on skyrim and it main menu. and witcher 2 intro videos but that stopped so i assumed that was driver issue.

I mean it is weird the effect i talking about only seem to be happen logo screen and open videos and main menu of games but in game it seem fine. look like screen tearing but rainbow colored and most place say if cable cant feed it will show "sparkles" which just randomly on the screen, not as random line.

I mean it not like I will run many thing at 4K cause card really wont run much at 60FPS at the res, but when I do I dont want those lines. I can run Nioh and Skyrim at 1440p but seeing the tv see it at 4K@60 the lines still happen soon as the tv is forced into 1.4 mode which 4K@30 the lines are gone from everything I seen. and if it tv the issue when I guess i screw cause that not getting replaced. if it the gpu and it hdmi port then it can be rma'ed seeing it is got another 400+ days warranty

9. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    That's a chroma subsampling issue, usually it's fixed by enabling UHD in the TV menu, the image should reset and enable the proper 4:4:4 sampling. If not, after enabling UHD in the menu check the Nvidia Control Panel and manually switch to 4:4:4. Also some TV models accept 2.0 HDMI only on specific ports.
    I had 1070Ti and worked in 4K@60 just fine.
    Also, if using HDR on the TV it's either dithering the 8-bit data or, if it has a 10-bit panel, the PC will send native 10-bit data but downscale the chroma sampling to fit the bandwidth. The HDR is still in it's infancy inside Windows and not so usable outside games and films so I don't recommend enabling it globally in the Windows settings.

HandR likes this.
  10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    TV is set to UHD mode 2.0 and setting nvidia to 4:4:4 in 4K@60 does not fix the issue, it might alot less frequent but still happens only thing I seen stop it is run @ 1080p or 4K@30fps all ports on the tv do full speed

11. anxious_f0x

anxious_f0x Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4090
    How long is the cable? Longer cables can have issues such as this, although in my experience they usually just drop the signal randomly.

I’d definitely get a newer cable to test with.

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    6 foot its this cable hdmi which dish hands out with there hopper 3 and 4k joey i got like 10 of them I think there hdmi 1.4 but not entirely sure and I have no issue with it and "what" 4k i get from dish I highly doubt dish transmitting true 4k@60 seeing they dont even transmit true 1080p signal there transmission is something between 720 and 1080i imo cause rather shitty compared to 1080p I get from netflix.

If i was to put my pc in the other location I want I would need at lest 15foot cable seeing my tv is about 6feet up on the wall the computer be about 6~7feet away before it the cable would have to go up. seeing I have issue with 4k showing I fiqure I fix that issue first with were my pc is currently before moving my pc

Last edited: Dec 23, 2019
  13. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I bought new cables except 34awg gona see if that fixes issues, also had to buy new pads for G502 cause cleaning then today cause the tops of pads to peel off bottom the mouse, 3$ items that cause 6$ to ship from logitech and it would cost me about the same to buy original pads from ebay

anxious_f0x likes this.
  14. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    got the new cables my intial test look like they fixed the issue, I will do more testing later

anxious_f0x likes this.
  15. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    I had a similar issue when I first got my Hopper awhile back. For some reason or another I used the one from Dish to my PC... started getting this line of static like pixel or two in height the width of the screen would flash on boot or during resolution/alt tabbing in games. Replacing it with my usual HDMI 2.0, cable fixed that.

16. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I hoping this did the trick, some time in next few days I do some more testing, but seeing the cable came with dishes hopper 3 and 4k joeys I though the would be the correct cables for 4K then again there very lil that 4k dish I know for a fact it not true 4k cause they barely provide 1080p and most feed are much lower then that and think there actual feed is interlaced at that. so there cables provided could probably get away with it for there own equipment and feeds.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020