Guru3D 2019 December 20th contest: RTX ON - Win A Palit GeForce RTX 2070 JetStream

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 20, 2019.

1. The1

The1 Member Guru

GPU:
    TUF 3080
    Once again, Good Job Boss!!
    Sneaky indeed, but regardless of the people "taking their ball and going home", fun and findable..
    Good Luck to those that persevered!!

airbud7 likes this.
  2. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I could not find it on my phone, thing is too damn small you can miss it. Gonna find it later tonight on my pc. Gl everyone.

The1 likes this.
  3. Amiga4ever

Amiga4ever Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Tricky one:) Had to do 2 runs...

4. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Just ignore the naysayers, just Arnold Schwarzenegger said so many times.
    You persevere. No pain, no gain.
    One can expect to receive a 600€ graphic card on a silver plate WITHOUT some effort, as little as browsing some webpages? And even if I should pay for shipping, I would say Thank You so many times, it will be not enough.
    Yeah, coming from a poor family, I can appreciate even a warm smile, when it is offered. A graphic card...for FREE? Well, buddy...
    Oh my goodness, the entitlement of those people...

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Solfaur, Caesar, Legacy-ZA and 4 others like this.

5. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    Hilbert hat off again man.
    You surely have Photoshop skills and imagination.
    Kudos and thanks for those logo hunting events.

6. IchimA

IchimA Maha Guru

GPU:
    7800XT Asus TUF
    Sneaky sneaky ! Like magic it was put there ! Hats off for HH !
    @PraetoriaN_IT ... man you are missing all the fun ! ... you will be joy full once you find it .
    Congrats to the G3D team for keeping up this tradition

7. PraetoriaN_IT

PraetoriaN_IT Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780Ti
    appreciate your comment thank you, but i guess im ""taking my ball(s) and going home" - ill put my "EFFORTS" in something else ;)

8. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Good one, thanks :)

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA

Though they've become a tradition not everybody likes hunts, not everybody likes difficult hunts, not everybody likes easy hunts, ergo this is why we have a mix of questions, newsletter subscriptions, and hunts. There's plenty to go around and to choose from. But above all, let's keep it nice and friendly, as in that spirit we are organizing these contests.

vidra, Darkiee, Channel Z and 9 others like this.
  10. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    Quite easy really, it was fun, not supposed to be an emotional roller coaster like you state lol.

11. PraetoriaN_IT

PraetoriaN_IT Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780Ti
    i just shared my experience, i wasnt unfriendly with anybody... but i'm now feeling attacked by some guys in here. (for no reason imho.)
    im emotional unfortunately.

Caesar and insp1re2600 like this.
  12. Vtech

Vtech Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080
    didn't find the logo, waste of my time. I think I will never do this again, goodbye. Best of luck for the rest who still hunt for the "must be very hidden" logo.

13. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    Read the following with a friendly warm voice.

Shouldnt be frustrating either. Its a little game to spend time relaxing while looking for the logo, with or without the logo your chances of winning are close to none anyway.

The banners (and going trough 200+ pages) are our way to thank to the G3D staff por their work on planning and doing this giveaways. Thats why some of us will react againts what we consider unfriendly or not possitive messages about this FREE giveaways. You may or may not like them, take part on those you enjoy and skip the rest. Just be thankfull about them. No one is forcing you to "waste" your time looking for a logo.

PS: Some minor frustation handling skills are good in life, take theese logo hunts as training and do them all !! Maybe you are lucky enough to win :D

The1, Legacy-ZA and Undying like this.
  14. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    They say there is a first time for everything, and it's true. This was the first time I missed the logo on first go. Well done boss.

15. PraetoriaN_IT

PraetoriaN_IT Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 780Ti
    once again, didnt say i wasted my time (you're mismatching here), didnt say im not grateful to G3D staff or anything like this.
    working on thant, but thanks for the advice ^^

16. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Commenting here is also a good way to increase your post count!:cool:

insp1re2600 likes this.
  17. Goiur

Goiur Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX 4080
    That one part was not directed to you. I just used your message to do a more global claim. sorry for that :D

18. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Almost embarrassing the amount of time I spend looking for this logo. Well, good luck to the participants.

19. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Since I started it, I will finish.
    Imagine having some gifts, and you want to give them to people who may or may not afford buying them.
    So, you somehow, make a raffle or a contest. While you are doing that, some people come to your house saying various things about the raffle or contest.
    Say, you open your arms warmly to them and just give handle the gifts? Wouldn't you expect something from them, as little they can offer?
    I henceforth apologize to everyone who may feel offended, but I keep my affirmation.
    And yes, the quantity of people commenting their frustration regarding the contest on December is sky high, hence the little tolerance to that kind of commentary.
    It isn't personal with anyone, but its tiresome and leave one with the wish of NOT doing again.
    So, @PraetoriaN_IT fellow guru, as @Goiur said, minor frustration handling skills are good in life, take these logo hunts as training and do them all !!
    And I do volunteer from time to time, and I remember vividly going back home with the utter desire to choke (figuratively)the ungrateful people for whom I stayed in a cold, rainy day just to offer them something for free, and not receiving a simple Thank You or a smile. Can't imagine what Hilbert does when reads commentaries about the contest. Man, I couldn't for the life of me bear or restrain my anger. How you cope, it's beyond human understanding.

Humanity lost its way , we are beyond salvation.

20. mackintosh

mackintosh Maha Guru

GPU:
    I mostly do these hunts because I hope it gives some extra page view stats Hilbert can then show off to advertisers. Chances of actually winning something are probably only slightly higher than hitting a jackpot :) This is why I prefer difficult logo hunts, because that's where the fun is for me. It's the journey, as far as I'm concerned.

Legacy-ZA likes this.