Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Hehe, its now fixed, the game is rock stable.
    The problem was needing a newer gfx driver than 441.20.

I only get crashes when running at UHD res and try to change gfx settings, I cant even change res!
    I have to edit the config to run at lower res, change settings then go back to UHD.
    When running 1440p or 1080p it is no problem.
    More info in the post above yours.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019
    shoja likes this.
  2. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    96+ hours and still in Chapter 2? :eek:

eGGroLLiO likes this.
  3. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Yep. I can easily lose myself for a few hours just exploring, hunting, and finding new horses to level up. I finished the Explorer and Horseman Challenges and would probably have the Hunter one done if they didn't lock me out of the SW part of the map. Oh, I also just maxed out my beard too.

I am about ready to start the story up again now though.

Grimbarian likes this.
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I'm taking my sweet time with it as well, doin bandit challenges first before moving on.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i got hell on steam for 40 hours into chapter 2.

ill point them here. i think i 70 hours and went into 3.

6. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    I been doing 10Hr-15Hr days since last 7 days,still in chapter two trying to get enough perfect pelts for all the satchels.
    Bought everything for camp,all guns and ammo I could and only one legendary so far and was easy with the rifle and a scope.Love the volumetric fog everywhere in game on ultra.Game looks great at times.

7. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Getting all the satchels, then the final one is awesome. No more worrying about running out of space..

8. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti

Still waiting on a mod to fix that :(

9. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    So it looks like Red Dead Online only is getting winter weather, and Christmas music in saloons in the coming days.. Single player left out again.

10. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I think Lenny's Simple Trainer has that feature. From what I read both the bounty hunters and the sniper farther in are disabled so you can go anywhere you want. I have not tried it myself though.

11. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    never wanted and the uniform of lawman will allow you run around unmolested by the law. or anyone i think that might aggro on you.

12. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks, I was kinda wanting to avoid using a trainer and hoping for a "simple" mod to just remove them or something.

See that's the kind of thing I wouldn't want to be honest, not to disable the bounty system completely, just get rid of the silly spawning bounty hunters with their aim bot shooting. I guess it's better than nothing though if I still have hunting/fishing to do in the region before a mod comes out.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ideally a mod to lower the amount of hunters and their psychic tracking abilities.

but nothing of the sort exists.

if you want to head to dead or alive areas u need to cheat.

Grimbarian likes this.
  14. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Its already there, played a little RDO yesterday for daylies and noticed performance in cities is a bit worse now with the snow. :/

15. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    I'm sure once OpenIV for RDR2 is available we'll get a mod that changes the single player to winter mode..

16. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yeah, its a shame that a simple thing like snow, winter decals etc. issnt available in Singleplayer. Do they think everyone already finished it and moved to Online!? Afaik there wasnt even an update we had to download for the winter stuff in RDO. People stpotted the winter stuff in the game files days ago, so the only thing they did was activating it.

Right now i stopped playing RDO anyway and want to finish the Singleplayer. Only playing RDO daily once for a few minutes so i dont lose the daily bonus, which i have 0.5 gold already.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2019
  17. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    How does the daily bonus work? Do you get something for a certain amount of consecutive days just logged in to RDO?

I decided to try it for the first time last night and a little bit today. Frankly it totally sucks compared to singleplayer and I don't really have any desire to play it again at this point. I didn't even have a single other player to deal with so no hacking or griefing, it's just feels very janky and like it's only 75% finished compared to how rich and deep singleplayer is.

18. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Went and did the GTA V stuff to get Lowry's Revolver. Nice free navy revolver, Home decor is an acquired taste,

insp1re2600 likes this.
  19. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Well I'm pretty annoyed. 80hrs it took and the final chapter 6 mission to have a bug

Right after the end of the mission and the screen goes to black I get get an infinite loading screen (black screen with the revolver barrel spinning) and forced to close the game. I've done the final mission twice now and the same results.

Highly annoying and don't even want to touch the game anymore

Edit: Verified files, removed LST and rebooted. It is fixed now.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Press L in RDO and scroll down to the "dailies". Finish only one of the ones shown at the 1st page each day (they reset 7 CET) and at the 3rd page you can see your bonus. 2nd page dailies are for roles they dont count. Each daily completed gives you 0.2 gold at the beginning up to 0.5 gold each.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2019