AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    "AMD Log Utility Driver" still exists in Device Manager after uninstalling the AMD drivers by following the steps above and after installing the new drivers. Device status does not change. Any other ideas?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  2. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    Anyone having issues with older games? They look choppy, like it's skipping frames, but there are no FPS drops.

3. Paul L

Paul L Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700 8gb
  4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    MyEinsamkeit likes this.

5. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    At those times I believe when I am not bored I should check packaging version every couple days to be the absolute latest. :D:eek::rolleyes::confused:o_O

6. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Interesting, i just notice it was showing up on my device manager. I just click on uninstall, and when i went to re-scanned, it does not show up again. So you're good to go, try that. Its just a log thing.

What games? Only game i have an issue with is DOA6, it doesn't work with the 2020 drivers, many users on steam has confirm this, so I'm enjoying DOA5 until the next driver update. All my other games are working great though.

Confused about your question, I'm using windows 7 and my card is a Asus R7 260x that supports DX12. DX12 is only for Windows 10 .

7. ManofGod

ManofGod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury Nitro
    Well, so far, the only issue I have had is some sort of HDMI driver bug, I think. I installed these drivers, reboot and the disconnect reconnect sound happens when I play something and the screen goes black during the disconnect, reconnect.

8. sabrewulf...

sabrewulf... Member

GPU:
    Asus DK Top HD4870 512MB
    Anyone use Custom Resolution Utility (CRU) with these drivers yet? I've always used it to overclock my 75hz monitor to 80hz and increase Freesync range from 48-75hz to 40-80hz. Has always been fine until now. The issue is when starting or rebooting pc, the screen is very dim until I either change refresh or resolution or use the included restart.exe, then its back to normal. Also the monitor is always at 75hz, not the 80hz I set it to previously. I've tried just changing the Freesync range or just a monitor overclock, same results, seems any changes made using CRU causes it. Now when I reset all changes with the supplied reset-all.exe, its back to normal, of course with none of my desired changes... What a pita!

9. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Seems to be working fine here. CRU - toggle VSR for it to "take" - check/set proper refresh. There was no need for any restarts that way.
    Not sure this will be of any use, going by what you said...

10. sabrewulf...

sabrewulf... Member

GPU:
    Asus DK Top HD4870 512MB
    Haa, so I turned off VSR and rebooted, seems fine, normal brightness and at 80Hz. Turned back and and reboot, back to same, dim screen, 75hz. Tried turning off / on about everything else as well, no change. I'll do a DDU when the next driver update comes out and see what happens. Did do a "clean" driver install this time. Not sure what is up with using VSR and the CRU changes, always used VSR as well with no issues until now.

11. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    I am saying update to windows 10 for better performance

12. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Try this: with VSR off, apply your CRU values. Then turn VSR back on. Check your refresh rate. See how it behaves without a restart. This may help isolate something, at least.

Would be nice if AMD had stronger driver developers...

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  13. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    No need for this nonsense. They seem to perform about same(personal experience and video comparisons). Win10 does have proper DX12 support, though. Also, you can get more features available in the drivers(RIS), with supported hardware.

14. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Framerate I don't think is going to change much short of the developers utilizing newer features from D3D 11.1 (Partial in Windows 7) and above for DirectX though the CPU scheduler and other changes (RAM and precaching for example.) should see a difference particularly for the Zen2 CPU's with the preferred core mechanic and how this works (1903 via cumulative updates though unlisted in that particular update and silently added and 1909 by default.) and additions to DXGI and WDDM should make a improvement to frame time though that and input latency can vary a bit and occasionally Microsoft also kinda bugs these until a newer cumulative resolves the issue. :D

Framerate is also too easily bottlenecked by all kinds of things or going against best practices and other errors or optimization issues unfortunately that's still very much a big thing and it also applies for Vulkan and D3D12 so that's not changing.

EDIT: Anyways it's a new week now so let's see if that 19.12.3 or what it will be called driver will be out around Wednesday or so for getting 2020 fixed up before the user starts renaming files, disabling features and turning off functionality to get the driver into "working" (Kinda.) state with this current version of Adrenaline 2020 which has a couple of things that need fixing.

From the leaked list it sounds like a good start on getting these corrected so that's good for a quicker driver update.

Nice to see a fast driver update too as well one can't really call it working properly if the user has to go some extras such as possibly having to disable browser hardware acceleration, disabling stuff like ReLive and what not and completely shutting down the overlay though that really should have a proper toggle too but oh well there's more work to be done as is, guessing there's a bit more as well for Polaris, Vega and earlier also and the existing issues like with the Radeon VII even if they're not in the list of known issues but from what I've read this hasn't been fixed yet.

EDIT: Toggle for the statistics collection should also be implemented, polling rate setting too would be much appreciated to reduce any performance impact from what this is doing.
    (And don't log OS stuff there's no need for WERFault.exe framerate averages. :p )

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    AlleyViper and Paul L like this.
  15. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    I have a computer shop and have 25 years experence It is not nonsense what is nonsence is any forum when you try to help you get ridiculas comments I wont bother anymore will keep my comments for the real world

16. TrunksZero

TrunksZero Guest

GPU:
    Asus Radeon R9 Fury
    I've had to peel back to the previous release. Little to much instability. Some times a game loads fine, the next time it won't.

Like the feature set though, so can't wait for the next release.

Not to mention Windows 7 will stop getting updates come January 14th. Might as well make the jump now rather than later. Not much point holding onto Win7 unless you have to.

17. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    Indeed :) unless you are over 95

18. pogodancer

pogodancer Member

GPU:
    Sapp. Pulse 7900XT
    Disable "relive" if you have it in background for recording gameplay - should help.

New "feature" in this driver:
    I have 144hz panel, and while I'm using vsync for playing Ubisoft games like The Division 2 or Rainbow Six Siege (maybe more games or all games but those I encounter it in) I will have frame cap for 79fps. Disabling vsync makes the frames go up to 180+, enchanced sync is like disabled vsync and chill with range 49 to 143 makes the frames stay around 60. DX version does not matter TD2 is dx12, r6 is dx11

19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    Yeah,indeed.
    Because of new Radeon Software(old Radeon Settings was good),because of libEGL.dll,because of new version of Qt (5.13),because of new metrics and telemetry,because of EnhancedSync you can get crash of RadeonSoft or blue screen,this 19.12.x driver need some "refinement" time.

JonasBeckman likes this.
  20. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Wasn't an attack. Just speaking from experience. Don't let me stop you. If you got something, show proof.
    It simply isn't worth the hassle for some)