Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Carfax, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    You guys still aren't getting what I'm saying. I know it's not gameplay, and nowhere did I imply that it was.

My point is that it's being rendered in real time on a console that will likely cost around $500-$600. The Samaritan demo at the time used 3x GTX 580 in Tri SLi, which was considered ultra high end at the time and cost thousands of dollars just for the GPUs. The Stormtrooper demo that NVidia released to showcase RTX used a fricking DGX station that can cost in the hundreds of thousands of dollars.

For how it looks in relation to the cost of the hardware that it's running on, it's very impressive.

2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    The announcement trailer is really freaky.. was not expecting that.

Kolt and cerebus23 like this.
  3. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Too bad this was Azzcam only.

4. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Freaky and dark, suits it nicely. It worked for the first game.

cerebus23 likes this.

5. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    Graphic speaking, pretty confident the next Battlefront game (EA deal ends in 2023 they have time for one more) will feature a bunch of raytracing that hold up compared to the Star Wars : Reflection demo.

If EA hopes to make Star Wars games beyond 2023 and not lose the exclusivity to... Epic Games, they better deliver innovating and successful Star Wars games by 2023.

6. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Literally gave me goosebumps watching Senua do her chant. You can tell she went full on psychosis. That's going to be very interesting translated to gameplay.

XenthorX likes this.
  7. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I would love to see the actress performance capture and compare it. Trailer looked so insane i felt it captured every nuances. Scary

cerebus23 and Kolt like this.
  8. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I will be sadder if does come to PC but only threw MS store front.

9. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    When I finished this game, I felt like I wasted my time because "oh it was a dream, none of this actually happened."

Like, what the hell. The game had me pumped up that I'm gonna fight some ancient gods for the fate of the world when Ragnarok arrives or something. But nope, "it's just a prank, man." What a giant middle finger >:-|

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019

10. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Thank you I will pretend i didnt read this, then again by time actual get around to installing and playign the game I wont remeber any this o_O

RealNC likes this.
  11. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    Ah, crap. Forgot to put it in a spoiler tag :p

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    What was we talking about again? Cheese cake right? :rolleyes:

13. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Welp, looking forward to freak myself out and play this in the dark like I did the first one.

14. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

That's the whole point. Senua isn't trying to save the world shes saving one person. Its a personal story/Journey, the world can burn as far as she cares. She literally marches into Hel for one person.
    And in the end its about saving herself not Dillion, She has to accept the loss and move on.

I really hope in the new game she's more at peace with the Furies and rather than be tormented by them she accepts them as part of her and can almost weaponize them

15. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It didn't seem to me it was even that. It was more like a fever dream. None of it happened. She didn't walk into hell. Ragnarok didn't happen. She was probably just lying in bed having a bad dream or whatever. One of the most disappointing things in a game in recent memory for me.

16. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It all happened. It wasn't a dream, it wasn't made up. It was a journey that Senua went on and experienced.
    She traveled into Hell, or more so... the hell Hela built for Senua specifically and forced Senua to face. To more past her own darkness and limitations.

Senua journeyed into hell to save her lovers soul. But, was forced to face herself, to let go of the abuse of her father, the loss of her lover.

The game ends with Hela releasing Senua from hell after she conquers her own fears and darkness.
    I mean, the game ends with Senua dropping Dillion's head off the cliff. Showing she has grown and realizes she can't save his soul, it's beyond her. She has to move on and let go of her past.

Party Poison likes this.
  17. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
  18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  19. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    it was a solid game yet very exaggerated as i progressed with the story. i don't see how\why a sequel is interesting here.
    i mean.. the entire game i expected she will be at peace at the end of it. that was sealed, so.. what now ? another mental breakdown ?

don't get me wrong here, i give credit to those story focused quality single player games. bought it, finished it.

in this case.. i prefer a fresh new game, i feel this "Saga" will lack anything new because the way the first game was told.

anyway.. il follow it.