AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.2 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 10, 2019.

1. stevvie

stevvie Member Guru

GPU:
    5700XT Pulse
    LOL 4c/4t WRONG
    So you think a 8700K running at 5Ghz is not enough to run the radeon control panel on just the desktop, maybe you should apply for a job at AMD, as i said RADEON seettings/host is using that NOTHING to do with windows explorer.

2. Jayson

Jayson Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 580 8GB
    after disabling it, just alt tab out and back in. A lot of settings will work that way when the ones that say the game has to be restarted.

3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Can anyone else confirm that Dead or Alive 6 does not work with these 2020 drivers?
    Its not working for me, and others are saying on steam that rolling back to the older 2019 drivers is the only option. No way i am going back to installing those drivers, because the 2020 drivers are freaking amazing. DOA5 works, but not DOA6 for me.

4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    If you have RIS on, try setting it to off. I have to disable it for CS:GO to not be stuck minimized, for example.

5. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    I'm using a Radeon R7 260X, i dont have that feature.

6. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    In that case how does it "not work"?

7. Biały Wilk

Biały Wilk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7850
    These drivers are crap atm, they need alot of polish. Gothis teaser doent work, Witcher3 with reshade hangs etc.

8. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
  9. testcy

testcy Guest

GPU:
    -----
    Under Windows 7 64-bit "AMD Log Utility Driver" has appeared in Device Manager with the following device status:

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)

There is no driver selected for the device information set or element.

To find a driver for this device, click Update Driver.

No driver is found when trying to Update Driver. I believe I had this problem once before 19.12.2, but I could not find a solution.

Any ideas?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  10. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    I think I'll go back to 19.12.1, first time I've encountered freezes and black screen (I'd to quickly Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to Task Manager) before it'd return to the game again, which I'd, of course, terminate. Never happened before Metro Exodus and UT3 (I've always considered UT3 the easiest and stablest game around, if it crashes, something is definitely wrong), gonna redownload 19.12.1 and wait for a stable iteration of the new Adrenalin 2020 driver.

11. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    yes driver working well after a couple of reinstalls been a couple of minor updates to package as I understand it first time now my rx 5700 xt is hitting 2007mhz with heaven benchmark so all good (as good as it gets) for now checked cpu did seem a bit high +5% or so but back down after final driver install

12. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    any1 else getting random black screens in oculus?

went back to previous version, same problem, not driver related it seems :/

13. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    I had some black screens while browsing. Had horrible visual corruption in AC:Odyssey in one small area. Something introduced with these 2020(original Dec 4).

Seems AMD went for form over function a bit too much.

Black_ice_Spain likes this.
  14. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Tried but doesn't work. Pretty sure disabling freesync while in game worked before because I used to disable freesync during Operations loading in BF1 to eliminate the low FPS, stuttering and long loading times. Funnily enough though, with these drivers it is working correctly with Freesync.

15. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I can confirm freesync working nicely with this driver. I even used cru to set range from 40-75hz.

JonasBeckman likes this.

16. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    This is how i uninstall and reinstall the AMD drivers on my system. Uninstall the drivers from the Control Panel, restart back to the desktop, restart into safe mode, i use "amdcleanuputility-x64", hit restart when it tells you to, install new drivers, restart and boom there you go. I'm using windows 7, so i have to run the score thing and that's it.

17. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    just a question why windows 7 your card supports dx12 "
    Compatibility
    Direct X
    DX 12.0" so why not windows 10 ? update is easy search for media creation tool (make sure its microsoft site) download an update

Make sure windows 7 is activated first

18. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Microsoft actually implemented D3D12onWindows7 as a thing a while back though it's not the best in terms of performance and I am not entirely sure as to why though it's neat to see but Windows 7 should have stopped getting support a while ago already though this has been extended a bit.

That isn't too surprising though with the popularity of Windows 7 and even in these newer builds or precisely because the newer builds of Windows 10 it's less of a popular OS though adaption and overall growth has increased little by little.
    Main improvements landed in 8 and 8.1 though 10 has some updates and the newer builds are seeing more additions but Windows 7 won't just stop being one of the most popular OS options even after Microsoft fully stops support for it.

19. Rufus1

Rufus1 Guest

GPU:
    Rog Strix RX 5700XT
    But Windows 10 is a no brainer absolutly nothing wrong with it

JonasBeckman likes this.
  20. passenger

passenger Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Relive recordings are really stuttery.