New vr headsets announced for pre order

Discussion in '3D Stereo and VR Gaming Section' started by XP-200, Apr 30, 2019.

1. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Anyone try Boneworks yet? This a shining example of what VR can do, and Alyx is only going to be better. Exciting times for VR!

2. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Yeah it's pretty good, doesn't play overly well with the vive controllers at present, if you need to use melee then you need to hold grip. Can be kinda sore after a while, but once you're into gunplay its no real issue.

Remembering buttons and not dropping guns though is another thing. Don't think you can reasonably dual wield 1 handed guns tbh as I don't see how you can reload (unlike arizona sunshine)

Definitely needs more checkpoints though, having to repeat large swaths of gameplay due to a death.

3. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Ah, yeah I heard the Vive controls were less than ideal for melee weapons, I guess this is one of those games that is pretty much made for the Index controllers.

Dual wielding is sort of difficult, I just pop slow motion, throw one gun in the air and quickly reload... not as quick as I'd like but makes me feel cool! At the end of the day what's more important, being able to kill things quickly or risking your life looking cool?

Checkpoints are for sure an issue, I found myself opening up Dark Souls style shortcuts throughout levels, but was disappointed when I played for an hour, took a break, came back and had to do the whole level over again... "The Runoff" is my favourite level so far though, so much combat and some fun creative puzzles.

4. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    I need to try that one! Not really used slowmo that much.

I just did a sewer level (think thats after runoff) that mostly needs a torch in one hand, learned to drop the torch then shoot the baddies.

But yes, no quit save is very bad design.

5. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    The torch can actually be mounted on your shoulders! I've played past Runoff and the next level is probably one of my favourite VR experiences so far, very Half Life-y.

6. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    So for future how do you mount a torch to a shoulder?

Eventually I got a smg with a lamp on it and some NV goggle thing so it wasnt needed

7. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    You just grab it, release it on one of your shoulders after turning it on, easy! The rest of that level with the SMG flashlight is dope tho.

8. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Just beat it, last levels are a mix of awesome and then they slap a terrible physics puzzle in. Great game overall though and easily my favourite vr game.

scatman839 and XP-200 like this.
  9. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    My Rift S replacement is coming Saturday.

It is leaps better than the Cosmos in terms of tracking. Looking forward to getting back into decent VR gaming.

I need to be careful this time though, because the way my desktop was placed, the wire got sooooo tangled and I think that's what messed it up. However I moved my desktop higher to prevent this so need to be careful.

10. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    ^^Nice, have you tried to play it online yet as there was info over the last week that FB were making it mandatory to have a actual FB account linked to your Oculus VR hardware before you could use its online features as it links to your FR list on your FB page account, now i have not had my CV1 on for a while so i can't confirm this as yet as there seems to be conflicting reports, some are saying when they send of recieve a FR request a windows is popping up wanting FB account log in details before they can go any further.....i hope this is not true because they stated over 3 year ago this would not be a proviso for using their VR hardware, and they have been true to their word so far, so i am hoping this is simply a miscommunication somewhere.

Sounds amazing, i will be picking this up at some point when i get around to finishing FH3, too many game son backlog. lol

11. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    No, I do not have a FB account. All you need to do is have/create an oculus account. You can of course use your FB account if you have one.

Online is a blast for FP shooters like onward. The tracking is so well done for this kind of headset that you can actually hold the controllers next to each other right up to the headset so the scope is HUGE on the screen.

Really impressive stuff for open out tracking or whatever you call it. For the price as well it is a must buy for those who want to upgrade from CV1 or do not want external infared sensors.

Can't wait to get back into Asgards wrath on saturday.

12. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    Well i tried it yesterday and when i clicked on my fr list and tried to visit their home a window popped up promoting me to sign into my facebook account, so it seems from what i can see fr list and online homes now require a fb account linked to your oculus accoubt to be able to use the online features, i am going to test it more tonight as over on the oculus forums the same thing is happening to others, so something is afoot.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    End of the game is such infuriating nonsense however, did not enjoy it.

One of the later puzzles with hanging cages and the heavy box, took me about 10 tries.

SSJBillClinton likes this.
  14. SSJBillClinton

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Omg don't get me started, I found the solution (rock the cages) but yeah, also took me a bunch of tries. The worst was that you have to run all the way around to lug it up some stairs to try again... AAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Oh also the bit with the slingshots and the constantly respawning enemies, annoying!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2019