NVidia Anti-Aliasing Guide (updated)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyberdyne, Jan 29, 2012.

1. odellus

odellus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    awesome, thank you, i didn't know ReShade did that automatically. is there any way to combat the blur conflict with ReShade? all the threads i can find are old and/or have no solutions presented.

2. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    Screenshot?
    You may be able to offset it depending on the source.(like changing the last digit in the bit to 5 instead of 1) But more than likely you are just going to need to add a sharpening pass if you are going to use ReShade. As the problem doesn't exist without using Reshade and the default DX8 Renderer.

3. KainXVIII

KainXVIII Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    So for Oblivion which bit is recommended 0x00000045 or 0x000000C3 (what does Vanilla game in comments mean? I have GOTY version)
    And also for Suffering 1, if anybody knows :)

4. SirYodaJedi

SirYodaJedi Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1050 4 GB
    I got the Steam OSD working just fine in Sonic Adventure 2 (Battle) with 4xSGSSAA forced through Nvidia Profile Inspector. I'm in borderless windowed mode (using the SA2 Mod Loader); exclusive fullscreen softlocks my PC.[​IMG]

5. Phil Tuncap

Phil Tuncap Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 970 4096mb
    Wow, people still play C&C Renegade? I used to play the hell out of that game, I wish they would've made a sequel. Was looking at <a ref="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ekUZsK2YXgd5XjjH1M7QkHIQgKO_i4bHCUdPeAd6OCo/pub">NVidia Profile Inspector - AA Flags</a> and just happened to see c&c renegade and clicked the reference link out of curiousity and it brought me here ;P Speaking of which, talking about this game reminds me of an old picture i still have in my backed up drive stuff...

[​IMG]

lol...dated 2004

MrBonk and odellus like this.
  6. odellus

odellus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    i'm just gonna use MSAA. i really appreciate the help.

7. svarthund

svarthund Guest

GPU:
    gtx 980 ti
    Can someone help me with Lord of the Rings Battle for the Middle Earth 2 AA?

0x20000000 works with Battle for the Middle Earth 1, but it doesn't with BFME, can someone help?

8. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    I noticed OGL_OCGCONTROL_DIRECT_NVIR is no longer there?

Which sucks in older OpenGL games in combination with Anti-Aliasing.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's still there.

9. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    0x000000C1
    try that.

10. Jerwin

Jerwin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    Anyone able to force higher resolutions in Dynasty Warriors 7?

I tried searching for the following group with writable disabled with Cheat Engine but no hits. The values below match the ingame resolution options so not sure why they cannot be found.

Code:
    2:640 2:360 2:480 2:800 2:450 2:600 2:1024 2:576 2:768 2:1280 2:720 2:720 2:1280 2:720 2:768 2:1280 2:720 2:960 2:1280 2:720 2:1024 2:1600 2:900 2:900 2:1600 2:900 2:1200 2:1920 2:1080 2:1080 2:1920 2:1080 2:1200
    (The above group values work for Samurai Warriors 4-II by the way.)

11. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    If only it were so simple. TK is evil.

12. Jerwin

Jerwin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
    That they are. It's like they are giving us poor PC ports on purpose to encourage us to buy the console versions instead.

13. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Could anyone find a working AA bits for Black Mesa? Please?

14. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    It's been looked at. The new engine changes they made completely broke it. It's impossible with the Xen update. (Performance in Xen is pretty bad too. It shouldn't take an RTX 2080 to run a Source Engine game at 60FPS at 4k) Unless you can roll back to an old version before the changes to play the main game you have zero options.
    And honestly looking through a few of the main campaign missions, whatever change they made didn't seem like it made any huge difference visually to justify completely gutting out MSAA support. (And in turn breaking driver overrides as well).
    It sucks because like most Source Engine games there is a lot of aliasing.
    If we are lucky they might grace us someday with some smeary TAA solution instead.

15. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Well, the Source Engine AA bits work for SGSSAA with a small issue when dynamic lights are causing specular aliasing. Also it's a bit blurry. But I am able to combat both issues by combining SGSSAA 2x with SSAA 4x (via downsampling). So it's a functioning workaround.

Also, the reason they ditched MSAA is because they switched to semi-deferred rendering. In order to use MSAA with that they would have to switch to DX11. I hope that they will (properly) implement SMAA T2x at some point.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    SGSSAA causes Half-Life 2 to be really blurry now, did something change to the engine?

Worked fine a couple of months ago.

17. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    When I tested using the Xen update SGSSAA caused extreme performance degradation that didn't exist before it.
    SMAAT2x won't do much for the copious specular aliasing. (And will introduce issues like ghosting more than likely)
    I did a small sample of A/B before and after images and I didn't see any real benefit to their change other than the fact it was obviously Xen was designed to take better advantage of it (And drag performance through the mud in the process). So unless they go back and completely overhaul the entire main game I doubt they are getting any real visual advantage out of it. Source is so old now that things like this really don't let it get any closer to competing to modern engines designed for current rendering technology.

I really hope they keep an old branch of the game available in the future in order to be able to play the main game.
    I'll test this myself.

And it looks like no.
    Using vanilla HL2 with everything set to max. 8xSGSSAA with 0x400000C1 looks normal.
    https://imgsli.com/MTA1MTQ

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  18. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I didn't realize there is different bit for SGSSAA. But I just tried it and yep, it's blurry as hell.

19. Tizoc

Tizoc Active Member

GPU:
    GTX970M
    Happy New Year y'all~

Anyone got any AA bits for Tron Evolution?

KainXVIII likes this.
  20. MrBonk

MrBonk Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3080 Ti
    UE3 this should work. 0x080000C1

KainXVIII and Tizoc like this.