Review: Zotac Gaming GTX 1650 Super

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 11, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    We review the Zotac Gaming GTX 1650 Super, a small compact version of the 1650 Super that is merely 16cm long. Despite its compact size it has been fitted with 2 fans and packs very decent Full HD per...

Review: Zotac Gaming GTX 1650 Super

Silva likes this.
  2. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    I have this card ATM.

I can confirm this card is bad! I mean the Zotac implementation it is bad.

As for the 1650 Super, it is pretty fine since it offers pretty much >GTX 1060 performance and the 4GB of VRAM it is fine for most games at high textures (some at ultra), but yeah in 2/3 years, the 4gb will be a very big handicap, so if you play new AAA titles as they come, this card won't be lasting you long (at least with good texture quality) especially with the new consoles coming with much more memory to spend.
    If you mostly play Esports titles or online games, 4gb of Vram will be more than enough for all titles (Avoiding Ultra textures of the R6 Siege).

This Zotac GTX 1650 Super it is loud as hell, also temps in a close case with bad airflow can reach easily >75c.
    The clocks start at 1980MHZ and ends up at 1830MHZ quite quickly.

If you can give extra money like extra 5 or 10 bucks for any other card it is worthy it for your peace and hears.

Unfortunaly on my actual build, the R5 3600X paired up with the default fan curve of a MSI B450M Mortar Max, it's outrageously loud that makes the Zotac noise looks like breeze :D

Silva and kakiharaFRS like this.
  3. kakiharaFRS

kakiharaFRS Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3090
    @ObscureangelPT thanks for the honest comment, refreshing to see someone (else) share when he is disappointed with a product he bought
    (don't buy Corsair QL fans they look awful compared to the LL)

Silva likes this.
  4. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @kakiharaFRS I knew I was going to have this issue, because I have seen other reviews before buying, but during the Black Friday when I got the full system, Zotac cost like 175€ while most of the other GPUs were without stock, and there was other Asus GPUs at >200€ available (which is insane), that why I got the Zotac :).
    I'm not really disappointed :)
    I'm just trying to give my 2cents of the card so that other people have an ideia of what they are going to buy :)

Silva likes this.

5. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    The sp RGB pros look better than the LL or ql fans personally, and cheaper / higher CFM.

6. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Yeah I am super impressed with the 1650 super this what the 1650 should have been.
    Hmm. That is interesting because I own the 1660 non super version of this card inside of my Dell precision t5500 workstation PC and its working very well.

7. ObscureangelPT

ObscureangelPT Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1650 Supe
    @Fender178 I'm not saying it doesn't work well.
    But noise wise it's not even comparable to any other offer out there.
    Also temps are higher than the other offerings.
    The GPU works pretty well, but temps and noise are by far not it's strong points.