RADEON Adrenalin 2020 - v19.12.2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LocoDiceGR, Dec 10, 2019.

1. KuriaN

KuriaN Guest

GPU:
    Ati Mobility Radeon 4650
    My rx5700 fan is allways 0. Back 12.1 again.

2. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Installed after DDU, the new panel is very smooth, and i like it a lot!

R9 380 rules them all.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    You tried ris with Tonga? Does it even have the option?

4. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    Yes i have the Option for Radeon Image Sharpening, i will try it in Path Of Exile (my main game) , In friday for the new League! :)

Undying likes this.

5. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    Did anyone successfully install this with a card with flashed BIOS?

6. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    You don't have to...

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  7. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Yup. Installed on Vega 56 with Vega 64 (non-LC) BIOS - no issues so far.

8. Vananovion

Vananovion Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6800 16GB
    Thanks. So if it fails for me I won't be able to blame anyone but myself :D.

9. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    It wont fail just do a clean install using ddu in safe mode.

10. HeavySmok

HeavySmok Member

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 570 4GB
    Lot's of problems with installation for first time for me. I use DDU and after i started installation in the end i got " error 1604".

The solution was in this article:https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-kb1604

After i did the second step from "solution" (Microsoft Program Install and Uninstall troubleshooter) everything went smooth.

P.S Can someone help me change the interface language? Can't find it :)
    P.S2 RIS support for rx570, i think it was only for directx 12 right? Niceeee https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/radeon-software-image-sharpening

11. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah the gauges and displays and graphs are a bit different and the layout changed with many of the options under collapsible sub menus for "advanced" settings but if you were to configure the settings the same as before the preset would actually be identical to one saved in earlier drivers and the setup is simplified once you get used to the layout since precise values can be dialed in directly without relying on the imprecise sliders now.

Memory clock speed is shown in full speed and not half or well DDR as in double data rate so it'll be 1750 Mhz and not 875 Mhz for memory clocks which does change in the preset once you save it aside from that though it hasn't changed much.

P0 or idle seems to be mostly ignored also now curiously enough, not a huge concern but a bit more heat is generated depending on what the bios fan settings for this state is as that'll be used instead and for GPU well the clocks will be 0 - 30 Mhz and voltage a bit lower than the dialed in lowest voltage here.

Should be harmless, it's still not perfect and the existing issues very much do seem to carry over like the fan curve being a bit like a staple or graph instead of a proper curve for how that scales but it's a nice improvement in usability once the layout changes become familiar. :)

Recording stuff and all that I would have preferred optional components installable on demand or toggleable and there's also a glitch where some settings might apply even if disabled such as the overlay unless forcibly removed via .dll file renaming and Radeon Chill notably by a bit of a beep sound if that's doing it's thing.

Might be more, still learning and reading but it's a start of the 2020 drivers I suppose one could say and now to see how it goes from here to 19.12.3 or 20.1.1 whatever is next. :D

12. ektoradsj

ektoradsj Member

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB XFX
    Still problem 1603. Tried:
    Sfc scannow
    DiSM ultility
    recovered default location on library folders
    Registry hack with GameDVR
    DDU+ Amd cleanup utility
    Installing only with the main ssd drive
    Downloading the drivers again today with the small change in size.

Nothing Works

13. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Wouldn't it work to install the C**.inf file with the device manager and updating the GPU hardware's driver this way and then run the CCC2_install.exe file manually for the control panel, it's not 100% perfect but it should be the majority of the driver installed when done this way.

EDIT: The U**.inf is the DCH type driver, sometimes it gets used automatically if both are present and it's from a clean install, I prefer the standard version over this Windows 10 format type at least until it becomes mandatory and replaces the classic variant fully.
    (That and via INF comparison while some bits are changed due to how and where the driver can install as DCH - Windows Folder - other bits seem oddly enough to be missing entirely which is a bit weird.)

14. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I cannot find VSR, where did it go?:confused:

15. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    Global Settings (upper right corner) -> Display Tab -> Virtual Super Resolution

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    It isn't there, impressive bug. Also, sometimes, I cannot change some settings are keep reverting to previous state. New Radeon Settings are so beta at the moment.

Anyway, RIS is working but that Integer Scaling is beyond great. Old type games are super clear, full screen like being at their normal little window, for our resolution.

17. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    higher 3dmark score,, more stable clocks and dun dun dun afterburner fan control works without screen flickers

colour me impressed

18. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Are you still on dual monitor config and use software fan curve in MSI AB? The flicker was trigged by those to factors before on some multi monitor configs before. I'd love to see it fixed in AMD driver now but I'm a bit skeptical on it and would like to double check.

19. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    No mate single screen but it defo works now :)

thanks for the software mate

EDIT yes software fan curve via AB ,, wattman fan doesnt work now though haha

20. GTando

GTando Member

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Gaming X
    Nice new driver. Difficult to find settings at times and should have a backward arrow in some too. Trying recording with Relive didn't find an option to hide the rec counter, so it shows in the record o_O The overlay itself hides indeed.