Disappointing games 2019

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 5, 2019.

1. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Story wise the DA games were good but gameplay wise meh, Origins was only good one, rest just turn in to hacky slashy games, Sorta how I dont like FF anymore cause they seem to want do the same hacky slashy trash.

Still never finish DA:I just can bring my self to keep playing long enough to see it to end cause of the gameplay being hacky slashy just like FFXV. I want another DA game the plays like Origins, just like I want FF game the plays like FF game which are not hacky slashy type. and FFBE is only FF game released in past 5 years that really plays like FF game.

Honestly only game I got this year so far that I kinda regret getting and or meh about is Sekiro, I mean I got simply cause it reminded me of Nioh but its gameplay and combat insanely simply compared to Nioh, Nioh combat system of 3 different stance and 2 different types of attacks are insanely fun to master and and just make combat super fun imo, I cant say same of Sekiro I find the combat very limited.

I not sure about the story seeing I only 6 hours in to the game. but from what I seeing the combat just isnt fun unless need to play more but only 1 attack and one stance make its very boring. both game have the same bs boss, enemy ai though Got love the attacks the start going in one direction and then automatically follow you dodge and you still die :D

*put flame shield up* im sure people care gonna say Sekiro is great. And i sure it is in it own right but I find it combat to be bland and boring, 3 hours into the game and i got bored of the combat, Nioh 500+ hours later and countless game restarts I still find combat insanely fun, forget about all the customize that can be done on weapons and skills

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  2. Bond!JamesBond!

Bond!JamesBond! Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080
    phoenix point
    technology wise it's a joke

3. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Dragon age is what you make it... if you play it as a hack and slash character, that is what you get.
    I've played them primarily as a mage, and i did not get hack and slash gameplay... so the fault is your own tbh.

I enjoyed everything about dragon age inquisition.

Embra likes this.
  4. Backstabak

Backstabak Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 5700xt
    I agree that Bioware is crap and has been for several years. People who were behind the beloved titles that made the name for Bioware are probably just long gone.

I mostly liked DA: Origins. The second one was kinda bad with the repeating locations and got boring super quickly. Inquisition was finely crafted, but the game played like an MMO. Story wise it wasn't anything special either, as I remember finishing it, but I don't even remember what it was about.

I liked ME:A a bit more, but honestly the story and the characters were so poor, that if they have just use some fan fiction for them instead, I can't imagine it being worse. Overall very disappointing.

Kolt likes this.

5. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    That's really wrong. Dragon Age Origins had no "hack'n'slash" gameplay, even if you picked a fighter. The game started out as a 3D CRPG in the veins of the old Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights games (both made by Bioware) that used a similar combat system (real time turns with pause, where hist and misses are based on stats and weapon proficiency), but were predominantly isometric. The combat was also a bit slower, as far as "attack speed" (turns) is concerned. This became far more quick in DA2, where either everything had less health, or the weapons did more damage. The animations also became more exaggerated and punchier (also character levelling options became far too streamlined). By the time of Inquisition, the combat was reminiscent of something like Guild Wars 2 (a mmorpg), than a party based western CRPG.

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    i too rly enjoyed my time with dragon age inquisition i will even say its the last great game that came out of EA as i felt a true attachment to all my characters and the world and gameplay + combat are fantastic it was one of those games as i played through i much didn't touch anythin else much at all for the duration until it was done.

still waitin for something to top Vampire: The Masquerade – Redemption tho that was kinda special omfg that was nearly twenty years ago

7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    Dragon Age was enjoyable for me. the first game had some great moments.
    rest of em felt meh..

Andromeda was the final nail in the coffin, it wasn't even an option for me to try Anthem after
    ME:A.

after some thought on it, 2019 was a mediocre year in general. some great moments, some disappointments,
    but for the most part i think some games like Sekiro, Metro, Rage 2 and others were simply overrated. i enjoyed Sekir\Metro.. good games,
    but nowhere near the "almost flawless" scores some gave.

yep.. think i won't have anything else to add on this matter :)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  8. Reclusive781

Reclusive781 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 7800 XT

Maybe it's actually because all the women look like teenage boys.

9. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    This ^

that other guy has no clue what he talking about, even as mage the gameplay is completely different from DA2 granted DA2 made this all faster it felt hacky slashy to me too but still resembled DA:O and DA:I just did away with it all together imo.

I actual beat DA:2 cause the combat atlest resembled DA:O, DA:I I have yet to finish cause I cant stomach the gameplay long enough to finish it, which sad cause I do like the story.

Game can have an amazing story but if i dont like Gameplay or combat, the likely hood of me seeing the game to the end is also zero.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They are afraid to make a real woman. You know, boobs and stuff.

11. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    To all the ppl replying to what i said - i was clearly speaking about dragon age inquisition... not origins.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  12. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Ohh man, you just made me think of the new Captain Marvel, She actually looks like Jason Mewes in it.... if you don't know who Jason Mewes is, well.... it's Jay, from Jay and Silent Bob, who is not a Woman.

cerebus23 and Undying like this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I don't care about that.
    DisHonored series and Arkane's PREY are some of my favorite games. And the women in those games do not look pretty.

It's just the style and tone of humor they opted for in Outer Worlds did not work for me.

14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    Mechwarrior 5 Mercs..... what a pos. i looked at TitanFall 2 for visuals etc comparison, and it sure makes the supposedly new retro Mechwarrior Mercs look bad. *shakes head* Makes me look back very fondly at Mechwarrior 3 Mercs.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2023