AMD Adrenalin 2020 Edition Details By Accident?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Richard Nutman

Richard Nutman Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7800XT
    Games like Rage2 and quite a few others already do this. Don't have a problem with it, as you'll be able to turn it off if you want.

2. Lily GFX

Lily GFX Member Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3090 Xtreme
    This is funny to see^^

-Got Gears 5 with AMD Game Pass and it uses dynamic resolution scaling, my GPU would not keep 60 fps if it was disabled at 2160p (Easy to see the difference with the benchmark).
    Dynamic resolution scaling much better than reducing resolution manually because the image looks clearer since it is scaled on the GPU and not by the monitor and/or Windows.
    -I sent some feedback with a feature request to NVIDIA to add a similar feature but scaling both ways from native resolution to the GPU driver a while ago.
    (Most likely someone has done it before too).
    -Shortly after the Quake II RTX 1.2 patch added dynamic resolution scaling both ways (from about 50% to 150%) while maintaining a certain fps.
    I guess they already were working on it and it worked very well. The patch also added an option to show current resolution scaling and fps if you want to see how it works.
    GPU is also able to stay closer to the ideal amount of load all the time when using this feature (Better multi GPU scaling too I think).
    -I sent another feedback to NVIDIA requesting exactly this feature to be added to the GPU driver again right after testing the patch.

Hopefully, they will add it anyway now unless they already intended too.
    Because it is a really nice feature no matter what your native resolution is, but scaling both ways makes it awesome.
    Keep up the amazing work AMD.^^

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    OnnA likes this.
  3. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    im very much between 4k and 3200x1800 with a 5700XT, so this would be perfect for me

4. RooiKreef

RooiKreef Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX3080 Ventus
    This is a great idea and a big plus for everyone. This will allow you to basically stretch your hardware for longer. I know Apex Legends have this build into their game and you can activate it in the settings.

5. user1

user1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Mi25/IGP
    I guess everyone forgot that amd hired the HiAlgo guys some time ago, seems they are finally implementing their boost software, as they did chill.
    last i recall it worked pretty well for potato hardware on skyrim.

6. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    I will test new driver in 3Dmark & games -> in Vega thread as always.
    11.x & 12.x are similar in performance ~23.5k Overall & ~27.6k+ GPU (100pts max difference)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    GamerBoyManuel16 likes this.
  7. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
  8. GamerBoyManuel16

GamerBoyManuel16 Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT
    Thanks! The comparsitions are really helpful / saves time when not having to test myself and if something behaves different as with the older driver and to see if it's just me or it's changed in general

Lets hope for improvements :)