Restarts with Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2070 Super Windforce OC 3X 8GB GDDR6

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Agusmar91, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Agusmar91

Agusmar91 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 Sup
    Hello,

I have a problema with my new RTX 2070.

My last graphic card was a GTX 1060 and it works good with my pc:

CPU: Intel i5-7600k
    16 GB ram
    PSU: Nox urano vx 750w

But since i have my RTX 2070, when i start the pc it looks like it works nice but when i try to play some game like PUBG, The Witcher 3, etc... The pc restarts... No blue screen, no messages... Just it restarts.

I have formatted the computer, I have reinstalled the drivers... but this has not solved the problem.

Can somebody help me please!!

2. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    i'd put it down to that random branded psu... similarly named after a vic reeves quote.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Just get a decent power supply.

4. Agusmar91

Agusmar91 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2070 Sup
    Could you recommend me some decent?

5. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    SpajdrEX likes this.
  6. bobblunderton

bobblunderton Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2070 Super 8gb
    If you buy a Rosewill power supply, keep it on a GOOD surge protector, as these often lack good surge surpression built in to the unit like SeaSonic has.
    Otherwise, get a SeaSonic (can get a 620~750watt for decent change), PC Power and Cooling (money!), or FSP-made unit (do check reviews!). Skip the cheap ones, but look into spending about 70~80$ (USD) for a GOOD solid power supply. A good solid unit not only results in a reliable enjoyable stable long-life system, it also results in much less FIRE and much less heart-ache and replaced components.
    The recent line of FRACTAL units are also very very good, on par with SeaSonic units (possibly better than some of the cheaper models).
    Look for a model with 5+ years of warranty, prefferably 7~12 year models (though you may pay 10~25$ extra for that), as that's one they put their utmost pride behind and is AAA-grade.
    Rosewill is okay for email computers or to replace OEM supplies that have gone to the big desktop in the sky (or just for good measure as I do!), but I wouldn't use it on my gaming computer (with knowing what I know being in PC hardware 25 years). That being said, my 70 year old mother's email machine is an athlon II 240 chip with 4gb of DDR2 to give you an idea of how old it is - 11 years old - but it has a Rosewill supply - on a surge protector mind you... still alive though. It just browses the net and does email and the occasional trending cat catastrophe video, that's it - but it's kept clean well. It really depends which OEM made that particular model, though, and can vary OEM's or internal component quality/class by revision, sometimes without changing the name, with the Rosewill units (or for that matter, anyone who doesn't manufacture their own supplies).
    If you get a SeaSonic unit, you can sometimes find them on sale, DO shop around - or get one from Microcenter.
    I had one seasonic unit go out a few months before the warranty expired around 5 years of age, they replaced it with a brand new unit no questions asked. It was about 6~10 days from the time I shipped it (don't know exactly). RMA experience was great, response time for customer service was quick too and they speak my language. So wholly recommend them.

Here's a Micro-center link. At a minimum I would get the 620 watt. This is a lot better than your current aged generic-brand 750 watt (as that's often the peak wattage, and Seasonic rates by continuous sustainable wattage). This link is SAFE FOR WORK.
    https://www.microcenter.com/search/...by=match&N=4294966654+4294815960&myStore=true
    You can feel free to shop around at places like newegg, amazon, aliexpress or deal extreme and such like that - or even ebay if you want a pre-loved decent used one.
    On a 620 watt seasonic listed in that link: I can happily run my EVGA 2070 Super 'Black', R7 3700X stock with stock cooler (no liquid cooling), 5 case fans, 32gb (2x16gb) of micron 3000mhz ram, a Soundblaster sound card, NVME drive, 2 HDD's for backup (only), and 4 SSD's and all while not even getting hot air blowing out of the power supply. I keep it cool with fresh air though and well cleaned, so if you have a dust screen for your power supply, make sure to clean it at-least every 6 weeks for optimal operation. A 650 watt or 700 watt power supply would give you more room, but keep in mind the price goes up sharply, and again Seasonic units are rated by SUSTAINED wattage - meaning they could run that 24/7, 365 days a year, in an un-airconditioned house if they had to. Off-brand supplies are rated at peak wattage, only good brands rate at sustained wattage. Do check reviews to be sure!
    Larger supplies will run a little better efficiency with room left to spare, but it won't really make much difference as you'd spend that much between the price difference of the models. Keep in mind what type of computer you'd like to build in the future. If you'll stay on mainstream (AM4, or intel LGA115X) then a 620/650 or 700 watt unit will do fine. If you want a Threadripper or intel 3175X in the future (or intel HEDT x299 stuff), consider getting a 750~900 watt unit though it will cost more. This expense now of buying more than you need COULD save you replacing a working unit for a higher wattage on in the future, but NOT if you don't choose to ever go to the high-end desktop (threadripper or x299 stuff) scene. So know what you're going to do in the future going in. For reference, a 3700X is a 65-watt chip, a 3800X or 3900X is 105 watts (though, that said, chips go over specified wattage when turboing or overclocked).

Try not to game on your existing unit as the safety protections in it are tripping to avoid fire, small popping sounds, up to complete melt-down of the unit itself and the murder of your components (if that would happen, it's very expensive to fix and often breaks lots of things).
    TLDR: Use the link above. The listed 620 watt Seasonic will happily run an RTX 2070 Super if I didn't make that clear, btw.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  7. Perditus

Perditus Guest

GPU:
    Rtx 2070 super 6GB
    Can you help my case too? (Just created account for this)
    So I have the same symptoms as described, with an extra note on clicking sound when I run CSGO. The sound only comes when I'm in game playing my character and not the menu. The sound would ramp up in intervals and my PC would restart. Other games restart too but only CSGO make that sound. The sound is from my PSU for sure.
    My build is :
    Core i7-7700 not overclocked
    Gigabyte 2070 super gaming oc 3x (like the main post)
    Main board Asus prime z270k
    Psu: raidmax rx-700ac 700w (this one is 80+ bronze)
    My previous graphics card, gtx 1060 6GB works just fine with this build.
    My Psu has a 6+2, 6+2 pigtail Pcie which I use for my new graphics card could that be the cause?
    Drivers updated (the latest from 2 days ago)
    Any help would be appreciated.

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    The psu have 46a on a single 12v rail so should be enough for even 2070 super (theoretically). Could be that psu is failing. Its a 40$ psu.

It would be nice if you have a friend with a different systen to test the 2070 just to make sure.

9. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    The 101 of pc building is not skimping on the PSU, never understand why people spend over 1k on parts then get a $40 PSU.

10. AndreiCE

AndreiCE Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 super
    How you this Gigabyte GP-G750X power supply?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019