Halo Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XP-200, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I remember playing Reach on my 360, and not liking it because of awful performance and stuttering.
    Also, I dislike playing FPS with a gamepad... but, it really shocked me because the other HALO games seemed to run fine. Yet, Reach was sluggish and kind of a chore to play.

Despite the sound issues, very glad to be able to play it smoothly now.

2. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    tho im havin fun playin multiplayer one thing i will say is THE SPAWNS ARE THE FKIN WORST I thought nothin could match some of the bad spawns in Call of duty gamin but the ones in this are so broke im findin it hard to understand why they have not been fixed.

my friend and i did a challenge to see who could get the most kills usin a steam controller n even tho we managed a few kills each you could tell the other players thought we were either high playin Halo or mebbe usin a steam controller often they would stand and stare at us as we fought with the right track pad tryin to line up a simple shot LOL

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Microsoft Store and Game Pass App Missing Launch Options:

how sad is that since it is a MS product

EDIT: Steam version here and all is good so far just minor annoyances

4. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim

5. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Good review of the game aesthetics but why have v-sync on with uncapped frame rates? All one is accomplishing with that are an increase in repeated frames; unlike an exaggerated/enhanced 3:2 pull down with it off. With what was described, with certain items adjusting to the increased frame rate and others staying like at 60fps, would it not be more pronounced the more frames per second achieved or does increasing past a certain point actually start to mitigate the effect mentioned? All I can say is that when playing, I am not attention to how some items update differently than others while being fired upon. The audio being more muffled in one of those minor annoyances that is not a game breaker to me but the fix will be very welcomed.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  6. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    The feedback on this is rather hilarious.

Now, the sound is broken. Channel mixing is pretty bad, with most sound effects coming across muffled or distant, with voices and dialog way too loud.
    And, unlimited FPS is a little rough, but... as someone who plays on 60fps... I don't care. :p

But, some of the things people are complaining about. It's... kind of funny.
    "Team mate AI when driving is horrible! Has to be broken! 343 should fix this!!" - Welcome to HALO.
    "You get shot while zoomed, it snaps you out of it... that's bullshit!!" - Welcome... to HALO.
    "Can't move and crouch at the same time! 343 couldn't even get that right!!" - Ahem... weclome... to HALO Reach.

:D

A lot of the stuff people are complaining about, is stuff that has been a part of HALO since day one.
    "I want a solid HALO experience, I want the PC benefits with the HALO design!"... get it... "This is so broken!"

7. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Confirmed: people are confused about how old Halo: Reach is and how it plays.

Also confirmed: I'm loving the crap out of it. Bought on Tuesday, finished campaign on Heroic, just finished Winter Contingency on Legendary. Playing rounds of Firefight in-between. It's like the last ten years never happened.

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I hope it's not a long wait for the audio to be fixed, I went to start the game but the moment I noticed the audio I was like.. sigh.... and stopped right after getting out of the helo, for me it's just too distracting to ignore.

*crosses fingers for a quick fix*

Duke Nil, TheDeeGee and Kolt like this.
  9. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    Just curious, is your monitor only 60Hz or do you just not care?
    For me having a 120Hz monitor it's hard to go back to 60Hz for first person games. :D

10. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE

After watching that I now know why the game's ambient lighting looks so odd at 4K; it's because it is lessened the higher the resolution you go about 720p! What a silly oversight by the developers, as is the similar depth of field issue. A pretty solid port otherwise but definitely in a need of a few patches to bring it up to scratch such as for the audio too.

Duke Nil likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

Both.
    I just don't care, and my current monitor is 60Hz.

I've used 120Hz monitors, and meh. Could be that I only play single player... but, 60fps is good for me.

12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'm going to wait for a patch to fix all the issues I'm hearing about (specifically the 60+ FPS and audio problems). Never really played Halo, so it only makes sense to wait for the best experience. I'm in no rush to try this out and can wait for some more polish.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  13. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    im confused. this HALO package for PC includes all games so far ?

14. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    It only includes HALO Reach right now.
    If you buy the full package, you will get each game as it releases.

15. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    "The Not So Masterchief Collection Yet" :p

cerebus23 likes this.

16. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    alright thanks. il put it on the list in my Steam.

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The not yet a collection Halo MC collection.

I imagine some will want to start from the original game as well, rather than Reach.

I had about 15 hours on the first game before I kinda forgot about it, and about 5 of those hours may have been me stopping and doing comparisons between the original visuals and the updated game.

Anyone get the feeling the game will never work well past 60fps though?
    It's not "currently" a concern for me but I feel that we are dealing with stuff this old and aimed at just one console that it could be too difficulty rectify.

18. The Janitor

The Janitor Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 3080 Ti
    I guess it's kind of a blessing, not needing to have high frames.
    For me in fps games I need the frame rate to be atleast in the 90-100 range to feel truly smooth.
    Though I've yet to try G-sync, maybe it would make 60 fps feel better.

19. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX4090 MSI GX Trio
    Sort of wish I hadn't watched that digital foundry video - I'm ok with the some animations being 60FPS at an unlocked framerate (Gsync seems to help a bit?), but the sounds definitely do suck ass compared to the original, and that mouse pacing issue... I thought it felt a bit choppy but chalked it up to me not having played many FPS games recently.
    Bummer since I was having a lot of fun, but I guess I'll wait for this to become the definitive version since I've waited this long to play what was supposed to be the definitive version in the first place...

20. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    I haven’t played the original, but still noticed that it does not sound well. Better with headphones, but definitely sounded weird on my speakers. Hope there is a fix for that soon. Other than that it feels great to me – that being locked 60 and with a controller.