Did I get scammed?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Deleted member 268800, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Back in 2017 when I was buying my very first pc via Newegg
    I ended up buying this pieces

Ryzen 5 1600
    RAM: Patriot Viper 2x4 gb
    Asrock fatality k4 gaming motherboard, etc,etc.

The thing is, I think I bough the worst memory ever in the history..
    This pair of rams: https://www.newegg.com/patriot-8gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820220983?Item=N82E16820220983

Which is model PE000418-PV48g320c6k 2x4 (8gb) 3200 pc4-25600
    And till today still a Mystery for me, cause I still not clue about what chipset is inside of this ram, if it samsung d-die? b-die? Hynix, micron?

In fact I contacted Patriot Via Twitter back in 2018, then one of their agents wrote this:
    [​IMG]

And as they didn't "know'' about my chipset I decided today one year later, to remove one of the heatsink of my rams, and guess what? I still don't freaking know what chipset is! X.x Tried already in the pass thaiphon burner software, many software to detect my chipset (0 luck)

I'm clueless :/, if someone can help, I'll highly appreciate.

[​IMG]

2. That still not precise, =/

Like how to know if mine is 11EC1 or either 11eC2? and also is only one page that appear as (11D1) that still clueless.

3. Your SKU was built using E-dies and D's as well. It could be either or...the numbers on the chips should hopefully narrow it down I'd imagine.

Not to seem cold I just don't recognize the information off hand on your memory chips and I've got to get going else I'd stick around and help you search around online some more for them... but at least you know they're either going to be "Samsung E-Die" or Samsung D-Die"

Meaning when you query information I'd suggest looking it up with that info against "XXXXXXX - Samsung E(D) Die" probably narrow down your search more...

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 8, 2019

4. What amaze me, is that, Even with the Heatsink removed there is not way to spot the type of chipset. Probably because this pair of ram cost 60$? and are made for X99 and intel 100 series? as the box refers? Is likely no one should be buying Rams from Patriot or at least not this model.

5. I did own a pair of those similar back in the day; they weren't your exact SKU - umm if I recall offhand they were DDR4-2666MHZ but the 16GB sticks and they were exactly Samsung D die. I confirmed it and yes it took forever to figure it out I ran into this same issue lol

Deleted member 268800 likes this.
  6. Oh =( what i'm trying to do now is to download a QR scan for my iphone 4s and see if with that I can scan the QR code in this ram chipset, see if this point me anywhere

7. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    @x58haze

Download HWiNFO and see the RAM info there. It can show SDRAM manufacturer, and it shows a ton of tech details.

Caesar likes this.
  8. Hello Mbk, i tried already Thaiphon Burner and HwINFO but not luck so far

Looks:
    Thaiphoon Burner> Thaiphon is a very interesting software to offered a lot option but even Taiphon cannot recognize what chipset is my ram :/
    [​IMG]

Now HWINFO:
    [​IMG]

Make me sad that i had to remove the heatsink i mean i can put it back cause i didn't damaged the glue inside.

9. Also when i said this is a scam is because even this pair of rams at 3200 speed runs at 75-78 latency on AIDA this sucks! for a 16-16-18 latency 3200. :/
    Not even a DDR3 runs that bad. :(

10. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Guest

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Looks like perfectly normal C16 DDR4 3200. 16-16-16, is not bad timing

Also...

B-Die is Samsungs description for ICs with 8GB.

E-Die is Samsungs description for ICs with 4GB.

having 16GB (2x8GB) with B-Die means you have 2 Sticks with a Single 8GB IC on it (Single Rank)

having 16GB (2x8GB) with E-Die means you have 2 Sticks with two 4GB IC's each (Dual Rank)

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  11. @x58haze hah! I woulda never known that.... @HeavyHemi Thank you! ...

The stuff I learn... man who woulda... that's cool

EDIT: So his kit is this: https://6a8e8418-b0fd-4b53-80b6-92c...d/20c502_0694213ef6c5486d94e1f0b959959bf4.pdf (Patriot's Official Spec PDF for it)

And... that's two sticks of 4GB that are single rank according to Thaiphoon Burner & HWInfo... So.... Samsung E-Die ? :cool:

UPDATE: Yeah... definitely E-Die. Wasn't sure cause he has 8GB Kit - two sticks 4GB (single rank)

[​IMG]

Here's a copy of Samsung's E-Die Data Sheet (4GB), in it is the MPN that you posted a picture of in your first post. You're RAM is indeed E-Die.

https://static6.arrow.com/aropdfcon.../174g_e_ddr4_samsung_spec_rev1_6_jan_17-0.pdf

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
  12. No freaking way bro, you are the Truly agent, the truly Sherlock Holmes :O :O, The Indiana Jones, omg
    What in the World i was like typing those numbers in google, trying to find spread-sheet, Holy cow!, where did you get that Data-shet OMG♥ you rules omg :O
    So yeah comparing those Numbers in that data make sense with the heatsink remove, so was very necessary to remove the heatsink to confirm with this data sheet

By the way i putted the heatsink back, with 1% margin of error, like one of the plastic heatsink side, just one part, is 1mm below the heatsink just a minimal tiny separated a bit. Cause i did my best to not removed the glue, i just did it carefully with a hair-dry and plastic shovel xD

This picture of ram is the one i never opened, but what I want to show , was that, the second ram i opened look similar to this picture , just the part of where is the arrow pointing that plastic is like 1mm below is not touching 100% the heatsink , was wondering is that so terrible xD?
    [​IMG]

Again this picture is the ram that i never touch, my second ram looks equally only again 1mm drop not 100% touching the heatsink xD
    [​IMG]

So yeah my friend this is my memory E-DIE you are amazing K.S
    Also thanks to Heavy and Mbk for helping n.n

So yeah this pair of rams are each stick 4 GB single Rank and... yup, i'm getting 100% percentile world wide record in this test: (using only a 4gb dimm)
    https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/22498945

Also the only way to achieve 100percentile is by using One Single Ram, in the Slot A2, cause idk, but when using both in dual channel, which is A2 +B2 Cannot reach to 100% percentile, was wondering if I should try to use 1usmus from Overclock forum his Ryzen ram Calculator and play a bit, to try not occing just leave 3200 with proper timings proper adjusts, to make this more better cause 75 Latency as you see in the UserBenchmark is awful for a ddr4
    [​IMG]

And looks this forum They have amazing low latency for their DDr3- DDR4 :O for their ddr4 compared to mine which is 75 showed in the previous userbenchmark link of my pc, look this people benchmark;
    https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/...ache-and-memory-benchmark-here.186338/page-33

Anyway I would love to do my best without occing at all just to keep the ram in 3200 and drop that 75 latency at least to 65 latency or 60 if possible :O But seems that my motherboard AB350 fatality k4 gaming is not good enough for this Cpu Ryzen 5 1600? i'm very limited?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2019
    Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  13. Bro also, regardless to this picture of my heatsink removed

If we pay attention is K4A4G085WE BCRC, even if this is a 4gb, according to the data sheet would this be 512 Mx8 if following the patther that is 85WE? :O
    Or probably they make a mistake and put D85 instead of D45
    [​IMG]

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  14. Hah! I mean it should be fine! (I think??) I think that stuff will saturate the thermals long as it hits enough of it. Most times when folks send their warranties in on old SKUs that OEMs no longer stock RMAs just swap for new equivalent long as no sign of CID... :cool:

Generally all RAM is lifetime warranty.
    :confused: hmmph *urke urke* hmm so they... "K4A4G08" "5WE" "BCRC" ohhh ok

"K4A4G08"

D85 it's a 0 not a D. :)
    I'll check on that, I don't know yet off-hand

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2019

15. Hello again Friendly Yoda :3
    Oh i remember I tried the 5.80 <-- which, was a newer upgrade for supporting new processors, and with this Bios option i was able to have the (spread-spectrum) setting in bios, which was disabled or not included in the old bios for my cpu summit ridge. The thing is that Bios didn't allow me to go back, and i had to use like a method with MS-DOS to get back to the 4.80, what was interesting is that i got like 30 CPU showed in In Depth Latency test haha xD

Dunno what would happen if I move to 6.00 :O from 5.80... if it will break something cause as they don't recommend others cpu to get in 6.0 :c , quite scared xD
    At least i know my rams are E-Die. but the latency is horrendous 75 NS :S is terrible gosh i should have like 60-65

16. Dude! Totally I remember seeing threads going on the whole “roms are 16mb or 32mb and older ryzen will get ‘taken out of newer updates’ by some OEMs” which is why I noted that board has 128mb it makes me think they have enough space to accommodate first gen ryzen too but I don’t want to make definitive statement. Typing this ona iPhone atm...

There has to be a reddit post on this board somewhere where someone tried this? Or some overclock thread etc I’d think yeh? Plus the fact you actually risked 5.80 lol makes me think it’d work but yeh try to see if some ppl have done first ...

I just thought of since I know even with my old 2700 the newer combo updates were helping tighten my timings before I swapped for my 3700x.

Although I’m still having trouble with RAM on current AGESA with 3000 - AMD must still be ironing stuff

17. ikr cause now can use the ryzen calculator with right settings *whew...

18. Saw a guy in reddit using an asrock b350 pair with ryzen 5 1400 his pc wont post to BIOS xDD like bricked
    But in other reddit thread i saw a guy that was able to post to bios on this asrock b350 with a ryzen 5 1600x :O

Yeah but regardless to this ram calculator, which is amazing ramdom memory preset by a data sheet of users, there is an option to benchmark or to test your rams under the software, which i tried to use my XMP profile 2.0 3.2 and it detected errors lol xD even on default bios just using xmp 2.0

Also this software may have like a bug or problems with the (Samsung E/D die) cause it throw that warning message and it says only dual rank memory .-.
    And as you see it doesn't load the values for PROCODT nor for RRT-PARK :/ i tried to contact 1usmus via overclocker, Cause imagine that even use 3200 xmp1 default i have memory errors at that speed with motherboard preset lol, xD

[​IMG]

AT this point AMD may be cheaper, but if you want to go pure gaming, you need like invest in a high-gamma motherboard, high gamma rams, and the processor not big problem at all.

In the past Ryzen was a problem for first generation like you may find cpu cheaper (talking about 2017) when i bought the ryzen 5 1600 via newegg at 240$ but my mistake was to buy a cheaper motherboard 100$ Asrock fatality k4 gaming a standart for OC, but not professional as the model x370 <-- which brings more features of memory +cpu LLC.

So for this reason i remember I expend 397$ on this pair of rams (Terrible XD) + Asrock B350 fatality k4 gaming (yes terrible) not buying anymore Asrock their support doesn't care about you :( MSi Tomahawak b350 ) was much better, msi works with love <3

So yeah plus the 220$ ryzen cpu that was like 397$
    Now in that time my options were like intel g4500? Just buying Intel+mobo+ram has like the same price of my mobo+rams+cpu ryzen, but wasn't that good cause very limited cores/thread and... yeah.. also in that era of 2017 a proper intel that match ryzen 5 1600, a cpu+ram+mobo would cost like 600-650$ and same 3 piece of pc.

so for that reason i went for that budget 397$ but i regret, cause, if only in that time i would have like extra 80-100$ probably today I would be running a X370 mobo, and 2x4 B-die chipset rams xD and less latency in overall, more reliable xd

19. Another thing to i always state is that you may get a RYZEN build more cheap than a intel

Like 1000$ ryzen build vs Intel 1300$ build already delidded

Also you may hear people say: Yeah, ryzen 300$ cheaper, but guess what? you need to make you sure you have Top quality mobo+good pair of rams to thick those rams, and then not need that much extreme OCCING, but yeah problem with AMD you need to spend tons of time, to OC that computer in a proper way and then to be able to have the exact fps than intel i7 9000k

But of course this happens more with the first 1-2 ryzen generation, now they said with the Ryzen third generation, you dont need to suffering by doing to much ram timing configurations, or what ever :O but yeah AMD is more for enthusiasm, while INTEL, if you paid a bit more, even the AUTO XMP is perfect, and for be able to reach to 5.0 ghz, what you need is to delidding your cpu, and thats may cost extra 50$ if you don't know how to do. But yes intel is like more easy, and ready for gaming without to much techie xd

Deleted member 213629 and Caesar like this.