Battlefield V (2018)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I believe it had more to do with Microsoft fixing an issue with Control Flow Guard and other exploit protections that were corrected. These exploit corrections were causing stutters in certain games, although I haven't re-enabled CFG to see if it was fixed by Windows yet or if it was Dice mitigating it themselves. I may be wrong here, but that's what I believe is going on at least. I read someone somewhere said that MS corrected these issues in the most recent Windows versions but I haven't been bothered to test it out.

Example posts: https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/p...-individual-games-eg-metro-exodus-bf5.425353/
    and https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/windows-10-exploit-protection-and-dx12-stutter.428369/

Carfax likes this.
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
  3. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Yeah... I completely uninstalled the game when I saw the patch notes. Zero interest in this game and Dice anymore. Worst patch in the history of any PC Battlefield title ever..

Reinstalled BF4 though...

Xman01 and Dragam1337 like this.
  4. GarrettL

GarrettL Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4070 TI
    Servers still up? Man, I guess I might too. That was one if the better releases.

5. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Can you tell me if battlefield 4 still shows a full screen advertisement for battlefield v upon every start up of the game please, if that is gone I might re-install BF4 as well.

6. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    It's too bad the BF series is predominantly multiplayer. I'm a single player only guy, and playing the War stories makes me wonder how good a single player game Dice could make if they really put their heart into it. The War stories are quite good for their length, but they could do something much more impressive, especially given the potency and performance of the Frostbite 3 engine.

GarrettL likes this.
  7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    I have bf4 already, wanna play add me :rccurate

Kolt likes this.
  8. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I didn't get one last night.

Dice has had so many chances to make a really good singleplayer for BF but I don't think they know how. The war stories were ok on paper, but when I played them it was hard to feel too emotional or attached to the stories or characters. Most of the missions are little sandbox maps and lacked any real depth or "singleplayer game" feel to it. I do remember really liking the tanker mission in BF1 though. I remember liking the characters and the story as you moved on with that tanker crew. Besides that, BF3 had a surprisingly good story and singleplayer when I replayed it not too long ago. It was much better than I had remembered before. BF4 and Bad Company 2 SP missions weren't too bad either.

Carfax likes this.
  9. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    im on bf3 noshar canals tdm servers again recently, never touched 1 and V, fu em
    and 3>4 big time :)

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    With this patch DICE went full retard... they literally ruined all SMGs/LMGs/MMGs to the point where they are borderline useless. Semi-auto rifles are ****** too. The funniest part is the STG44 somehow got buffed and is once again the go to weapon, rofl.

This patch was text book example of fixing something that wasn't broken. And oooohhh BOY are there many broken things in this game, but don't touch those, oh no heaven forbid... :mad:

Xman01, fantaskarsef, Kolt and 3 others like this.

11. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Update 5.2 - biggest joke from Dice. No one, literally NO ONE understands why they did that change with the ttk oh and btw. shooting on 3d spotting icons is back (even you dont see crap)! Yay! Even through smoke! procreating idiots Dice, i hate you so much right now, ruining the only FPS series im playing since years. Another company which wont get any more money from me until they reverted this crappy changes! And even then, trust is gone in those who are responsible. I still dont get it who came up with this horrible ideas!!!!

As a BF Veteran im saying goodbye for now! Sadly but Dice, frack you!!!

Edit:
    [​IMG]

Dragam1337 and Kolt like this.
  12. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    Anyone who left Battlefield 5 like I just did should join me in Insurgency Sandstorm. The new update helped a lot with optimization. It's my new go to pvp game now. I like it over BF4 also.

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    So instead of taking care of all the cheaters, DICE made em even harder to kill with this TTK change, while the cheaters carry on mowing you down across the map ?... Yeah I think I'm officially done with this game and probably any future Battlefields.

Dragam1337, Kolt and Solfaur like this.
  14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    DRUNKKZ3, if you didn't know, is a pro gamer that was hired by Dice to work on the BF series. He is probably the guy who made the gun play in BF5 so good before the latest patch. He is the "Core Gameplay Designer" officially and in title, and yet it sounds like he isn't the one making the "core gameplay design" choices anymore.. Blame the "Stakeholders"

[​IMG]

15. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    if people would play firefight mode, yes..
    instead the precious cherries rather play coop or respawn based modes :eek:o_O

16. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I'll play it for sure soon. I was CoOp only up until the latest patch, as that seems to have fixed the terrible stutters I was having so I didn't want to play PvP. The other night was my first time in Insurgency:SS PVP and I honestly loved every bit of it. I played a little domination to get my feet wet, and then played a bit of Push. I think Firefight is next on the list for me to try out.

17. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    I played that mode a lot in the predecessor but the playerbase shifted more and more away from it, I think that the more "serious" players left the game altogether back then due to other issues, not much different than on the new game it seems, I don't have it but look from time to time whats goin on.

For me, its one if not the best game mode in that type of genre that I played, its like SnD and Domination together maybe, the dynamics are great, no wonder people dont play it, oil and water dont mix hah, people just sukk. :mad:

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Kolt and Xtreme512 like this.
  19. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    Just had a bit of a play and I gotta say I noticed the changes on my first kill. Played around mainly with the AG-m42 which is a gun I like a lot and its a hit marker machine now and at best it feels totally random. I dunno, might play a bit more later when Wake launches but I just don't get these changes, I felt the gunplay was in a pretty decent place so why change it ?

20. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    bfv a year after release

Solfaur likes this.