Disappointing games 2019

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Stone Gargoyle, Dec 5, 2019.

1. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070

cerebus23, Undying and JonasBeckman like this.
  2. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The early animation issues made for quite a interesting experience for Andromeda, had potential but support just kinda stopped too soon although I don't know I don't think it was completely fixable either whether or not the Quarian arc would be a thing or not and minor bugs or stability issues and optimizations can't cover for major design decisions and how the game just plays and how the story goes and all that. :)

3. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
  4. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I did want to stop posting ME:A here (to not litter the thread) but this I can`t hide

That made me ROFL. And the ending is perfect! (And MJ dance move!)

cerebus23 likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    andromeda and 76 are meme gold.

they both were train wrecks, and anthem was almost the EXACT SAME train wreck as andromeda.

6. I wouldn't even dare to compare Anthem to Andromeda. Andromeda had its issues, which were partially resolved by patches. But more importantly, Andromeda had good combat system and gunplay, good crafting, interesting worlds to explore etc.. Anthem on the other hand is broken crap from A to Z, where literally nothing works or even remotely resembles something that I could call fun.

7. insp1re2600

insp1re2600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4080 FE
    rage 2 was the biggest disappointment, Wolfenstein was good if you dont factor in the pathetic cut-scene stuff, really enjoying red dead online though.

8. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Well, when we talk about disappointment I suspect the main theme is expectation (whether big or not). As I take it Anthem is completely new game (being not a part of some franchise).
    When you buy new game bearing the name of a cult franchise you expect a lot. And if game turns out to be a trash from almost all points of view you perceive that as an insult.
    When you buy just new game you have expectation only from trailers.

9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i mean anthem = andromeda in that, BOTH games were in limbo then either a bunch of work got tossed out or work started on making a game in 18 months.

their spiral is pretty equal some people in a office either not working or working badly, with no oversight, with tons of ideas worked up and scrapped and several do overs, and then about 5 years in the case of each title, EA shows up and says hey where is game X, then bioware scrambles to make game X that is anthem and andromeda.

i cant recall the EXACT specifics why they restarted andromeda so many times, but they imprted the animations wrongly and destoryed those, wo having a backup? or did they just try to cover up the fact they fd up? but everything they did got tossed in the garbage can before that 18 month crunch to create a game.

10. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Control.

I gave it an honest shot, the more I played the greater a turd it became.

11. WillG

WillG Active Member

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2080
    The Outer Worlds.

Just an empty shell of what it could have been. Terrible, extremely shallow gunplay/mechanics - felt very outdated.
    Worst of all had 'SJW' BS included.

Surely must have been rushed out. Expected much, much better from Obsidian.

Also, very disappointed in Rockstar for the state they released RDR2 on PC in. . .

Last edited: Dec 8, 2019
  12. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Idk i thought the more i play it was more interesting. Control was great but not for everyone i guess.

13. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    i don't think Andromeda should enter this topic. for me the game was so
    bad it deserves its own topic.

Andromeda is the worst game of this DECADE. and one of the worst failures of pc gaming
    in my opinion. not even close to games like Rage 2.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Sure, but the topic is disappointment. Have you been disappointed with ME:A?
    I am guilty of mentioning ME:A in this thread, but I did that only because not a single game of 2019 mentioned here became such disappointment, imo.

cerebus23 likes this.
  15. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    The only game that hasnt disapointed me in 2019 is star wars jedi fallen order.

16. TBH I bought Andromeda in discount, I knew most of its issues and I wasn't disappointed at all. Actually I was pleasantly surprised that it isn't THAT bad.

17. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    ME:A made me to change my policy to the same - buy games only with discount and only after several months of release.

18. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Personally, ME:A only confirmed something I had felt for a while. BioWare were dying.
    With DA2 and ME3... you could see cracks in the foundation. And then, DA:I... and ME:A... and now, Anthem.

Studio needs to be put out of it's misery.

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Imo dragon age inquisition was great - enjoyed it alot.

Gonna get the upcoming dragon age game aswell.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    DAI was bloated to infinity, i never even bothered to finish it and i did not care the bloat was just omg.

internally the company was a mess, people working there have said so, and said they were shocked when the game got positive reception because development was such hell. something that would continue going forward a decided lack of management and any strong team leaders. which is shown in how the development of DAI, then andromeda then anthem was chaotic and sporadic.

have they hired anyone on that can bring those things to the table of late? or they just winging it again? they can cover up the lack of quality and depth with enough virtue signaling though maybe.