AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.1 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Maybe you are expecting too much from your AMD 64 and 1.5GB DDR system, powered by a very old(was it even good?) PSU? Those 5 processes alone must hammer it hard...

If your PC info was a joke, you set yourself up for this)

I don't notice any video tearing - even with my supposedly "ULTRA-MEGA PROBLEMATIC" Navi card.

2. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Buggy drivers, had to reinstall it twice for the cc to show up, but now the ctrl+shift+o display thing won't show up. going back to the previous one.

3. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    That was probably my PC when I joined 2006. I Usually just come to guru3d to grab the newest drivers a bit earlier. I like minimum amount of processes running (under 40), I Updated my PC specs, which is still a bit old (DDR3).

I've been overclocking since 486 SX 33 mhz (o/c to 50mhz) and Tseng Labs 4MB video card.

I swapped my RX 580 yesterday for my brothers, exactly the same card, RX 580 8GB sapphire Nitro+ and now i'm not getting any issues :/, his card is a little older and has some coil wine, but I haven't experienced a crash since... Must be an incompatibility somewhere, even though I flashed the bios on my original card several times trying to find one that was stable (it never was). My brother hasn't had any problems yet, but he doesn't game much and has an older i7 920.

Pretty much touching anything in Wattman would make the original card crash.

4. Digilator

Digilator Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5700XT
    Also have a system with DDR3 - it is fine, as long as it performs well enough)
    I have the appropriate AMD page bookmarked - very simple to see if there is a new driver.
    Guessing drivers are not posted here before they are on the AMD page?

Not claiming to be an expert, but looks to be some sort of a tolerance thing(not all silicone is the same). Perhaps your card doesn't like your MB or PSU voltage handling? If you do think of getting a new PSU, I suggest you give Seasonic Prime Titanium a try(see if a return would be easy, as they aren't the cheapest).

5. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    As a 580 GPU you have a bit of a range to try with older drivers, 18.12.1 as the last non-Catalyst 2019 driver would be a good start for a few days and should hopefully confirm that it's purely a software issue and nothing else, older driver and a few changes in files and settings so a completely clean uninstall first of the current driver would be recommended and then I would probably jump to 19.5.x and 19.7.1 or 19.7.2 from there repeating and making sure everything works. :)

Something seems to have changed in Wattman for 19.7.3 going by what I can find for info so that's why I'm not using 19.7.5 though that is a fairly solid start for Navi GPU driver issues but for a older card of Vega or Polaris the 18.x range drivers is also good working upwards a few months / driver releases at a time to rule out the software side entirely though it sounds like the 580 might have hit something if the other 580 Nitro is doing fine could be hardware or could even be the bios to where something like a voltage increase or decrease could be enough but it could also crash it if it's loading incorrect values.

Had a 6970 like that, Lighting model from MSI with completely incorrect clock speeds though I found that out later, adjustments to anything for clocks or such just made it crash though that sort of thing should be fairly uncommon although a check via Tech Power Up and their bios database might reveal a newer available bios that could have fixes as well instead of something like tuning the fan defaults or more minor adjustments. :)
    (It's not very common but it happens.)

Stock 580X should be solid too though since it's a improved process on the 480 Polaris so maybe it wasn't 100% good that's also a issue with minor damage or problems on a small sampling of cards including newer GPU's up to and also Navi now.
    (Several RMA's and getting the exact same model and then it just works pretty much confirming a hardware error though these can be hard to narrow down and RMA processes aren't always smooth.)

EDIT: I started with basically a Pentium 133 Mhz or something like that though maybe it was the Pentium 2 and Windows 95 I think, friend had a Windows 3.1 OS but I never used that much and was quite young so a bit of what was it Sim City and .. Battle Chess mostly I think. :p

Missed the fun early years of the 1970's and 1980's and home computers making a breakthrough and becoming (Somewhat.) affordable plus the whole arcade cabinet thing and early console crash and shift.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019
  6. Ojref

Ojref Member Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 7900 XTX
    I'm just going to say this - AMD does not need to drop another update until they address the long-standing issues with the 5700/XT. Period. Monitor flickering and dropout with multimonitor is unacceptable. No new game support till they get the base issues fixed. Based on some of my poking around I think actually the release firmware is bugged and they are doing everything they can to work around it in the drivers, and it simply needs to be addressed.

The newest/most stable driver I found for the 5700 OEM is 19.9.2 Beta.

7. Haldi

Haldi Master Guru

GPU:
    R9-290 CF
    I'm running a Ryzen 3900x with 2x 8gb RAM OC'ed to 3800CL16 (IF1900).
    Using the 19.10.2 Driver (With HDMI Audio 10.0.1.12) everything is fine.
    Updated to 19.12.1 and whenever i listen to Music, Youtube or Winamp, my computer crashes, "Thread stuck in device" error bluescreen. Going back to Stock RAM clock works fine. Just the RAM OC that hasn't made any problems until now doesn't work anymore.

8. sidi0us

sidi0us Active Member

GPU:
    Intel HD4000
    I've updated from 19.11.2 to 19.12.1 and freesync stopped working in fullscreen mode, only works in windowed borderless (used DDU as well, no difference). I'm using an LG 23MP68VQ and 5700 XT Red Devil. It does improve stuttering a bit in Borderlands 3 and Anthem though.

I've switched from a GTX 1080 mainly for freesync, I'm a little disappointed with the red team on the gpu department, black screens, stuttering....

9. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    So, don't update HDMI audio driver :rolleyes:

That's NOT a graphics driver, it's just included in package

10. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Seems like your ram overclock wasnt stable in the first place.

11. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    I do hope for a proper working stable driver by 5500XT release next week or else......All those talking about no problems at all you do not have the same gaming palette. Different games, different monitors, different specs overall. Qualified approved driver is one working mostly for all users. The propaganda if it works for me it is OK and the problem is at your system, is noobish at best, I did it in the past for ATI's shake. I am an IT before Guru3d site's launch for example, I was only consulted here or learnt tech news. Bug list is heartbreaking atm. Especially black screens and crashes.!

12. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    This. Oc ram is process, and in my case took 3 days of checking settings, while at night ran memory check programs, like memtest or so. Actually it took little longer, after that was game sessions as test. This is why I have now fully stable setup, with ram running 4200c 17 17 18 34 at barely 1.42v.
    You cannot just set ur ram, and say, "it is stable", when it just do not crashed in ur games/os yet. Tried that way, and had random freezes/ bluescreens after 3hrs of gaming. Occt, prime was fine, but gaming failed....

Undying likes this.
  13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Well just got a 5700XT, took some getting use to but its running quite nice.
    Haven't experienced any problems with this driver, had some crashes while testing OC but I've worked it out.
    Playing BL3 right now and its fantastic, was running good on my GTX980, but double the frames and settings cranked (pretty much) now.

Embra and Undying like this.
  14. inouext

inouext Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
  15. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Yeah with a bit of testing and for Borderlands 3 that seems like a good one for this as the game can be sensitive to clocks or voltage values that aren't quite 100% solid and once the GPU can scale and do it's thing it's a pretty excellent graphics card.
    Just unfortunate that it's a bit divided between those who get issues and those who have a flawless experience, been minimal so far here since some testing and the newer drivers at least but there's a bit more for the driver side but it's improving.
    (Still a ways to go though, several open issues do remain after all.)

Well Unreal Engine 4 in general seems like it hits AMD GPU's pretty hard so they're good choices for stability testing as a result. :D
    Borderlands 3 had some driver issues earlier and the patches has also made the game itself more robust and even made D3D12 the default now so that's improved too.

16. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
  17. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  18. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I tested with everything imaginable, different 3DMark's, bunch of Unigine benchmarks and some games. I got it up to 2100MHz with some voltage increase but have settled on 2000MHz with a lower then stock voltage. Just tweaked the fan curve last night.

Got a Gigabyte Gaming OC 5700 XT with triple fan, first non-reference card for me.

19. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
  20. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV