AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.1 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. OnnA

OnnA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    TiTan RTX Ampere UV
    Most of the time is sad but true :cool:
    As a Windows Power User I can say if something is broken -> most of the time i have it broke cuz' the Tweaks :p
    But on other side of the matter -> Thanks to this im experimenting and learning + finding some new interesting Tweaks.

I never complain, but searching for solution instead.
    Never give up is my motto.

19.11.3 has some bugs, but only in one UE3 game -> The Bards Tale IV (hair render is broken)
    I will install this one ;) and check it out.

UPD.
    The bug in The Bards Tale IV (hair render) is still present.

UPD.2
    Similar 3Dmark score, this one is good enough.

Overall good driver, need more testing.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asrock 7700XT
    Nor should you - it's a good one. Encountering problems with drivers, especially for something as complex as a GPU, is inevitable. I acknowledge that I've encountered problems with a wide arrange of drivers from a wide arrange of platforms and configurations, but very rarely was it specifically a driver issue. And like you, sometimes it's a matter of just finding a solution, because often there is.

rafaelluik and OnnA like this.
  3. MaCk0y

MaCk0y Maha Guru

GPU:
    4090 ICHILL BLACK
    Just upgraded to these from 19.10.2 because of the "Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may experience stutter in some games at 1080p and low game settings." fix. Curious to see if this changes the core clock fluctuations. I am praying that the dreaded and nightmarish black screen freeze issue does not make its comeback for me, seeing that users on the AMD forums still experience the issue and is still listed in the known issues.

4. bernek

bernek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7900XT
    We have older cards now ... but still driver level performance improvement for new titles will continue to "help"

OnnA likes this.

5. newls1

newls1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    can radeon VII owners OC in wattman with these again, or no? 19.7.5 was the last working driver for this

6. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This alone might be a good reason for me to give this driver a go.... I've had to run DA2 using VSR and an in-game resolution of 2560x1440 to fix stuttering for the last 2 years....

I never claimed "everything is smooth"....lol. Far from it actually. I've just learned to work around issues on a game-by-game basis. I'm throwing together a system for my son later this week, and judging by the NVidia driver section, I can expect to be finding work-arounds for every little issue in NVidia's drivers as well. Judging by those driver threads, NVidia is doing no better.....

Personally, if everything "just worked"....I'd get bored and have to find a new hobby.

HK-1 likes this.
  7. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Driver seems fine but this version brought back the laggy Radeon Settings that was fixed in 19.10.1 :(

8. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Never bothered me that much. Nvidia control panel is laggy last ten years.

Morax likes this.
  9. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Radeon settings are quite fine. All you have to do is to disable some checkboxes in settings like notifications, advisors, suggestions, etc. I only have taskbar icon enabled. That's the only thing needed to be honest. The rest are bloating and slowing down the app itself. ;)

Kuss likes this.
  10. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    There's a bunch of startup entries too which I think are for the Link (Mobile app.) entering into AMD Experience and then a outdated entry for the overlay and the Radeon Settings startup entry itself.
    Link and AMD Experience would be nice as optional opt-in via the Radeon Setting software itself, outdated entry targeting a exe that no longer exists in current versions of Radeon Settings should just be removed if it's not used for anything else.
    (But it's easy enough to remove these and the Radeon Settings startup entry too if desired before rebooting after the driver is done installing.)

Toggle for notifications wouldn't be bad but it's mostly the one for a new driver being installed and the one for the settings being defaulted in Wattman if the GPU driver crashes.
    Not a fan of the advisor but eh every now and then there's a entry for enabling VSR and enhanced sync which are easy enough to delete until they pop up again. :p

EDIT: And a survey for after the driver installation is done though just aborting the page load stops it think it sends some HW info to AMD or something? (This GPU, this driver something like that.)

11. Daddio

Daddio Member

GPU:
    GigabyteGTX1080 G1
    Switched back to AMD and tryoing sapphire 390x video card what drivers will not mess with x390 cpu

I went to Nvidoa when the temps would go way up. can anyone suggest a Adreneline drivers best for x390 cpu

12. Techdust

Techdust Guest

GPU:
    Rx 5700XT
    Hi

My first post just to say that I'm tired with AMD

My config:I7 6700k/corsair 2*8go pc 3200/Saphire rx5700 XT pulse/corsair rm 850 gold +/Ga Z270 Gaming K3/Corsair carbide 500R/ all without O/C , only Stock

I had a lot of AMD graphics card since 15 years, but with the RX5700 XT I reached a point of mediocrity that I rarely saw

-Black screen when i quit a game (obliged to restart win10) , especially with game in dx11
    -In game , black screen for few seconds (RX580 sometimes)
    -Crash and return to Win10 (with my old RX580 no problem for this)

3 days ago I even reinstalled windows, nothing changes , with the catalyst 19.12.1 same thing...

a list of games or program that worries me with the 5700 xt (there are others but that's what I'm using right now)

* Ac Odyssey: the game works perfectly but with the dlc 2 episode 1, direct crash when I arrive in Elysee, ubi and amd know the bug but no patch no fix since july...
    * Forza Horizon 3 , random crash (with my RX580 too) , FH4 is ok
    * Prepar3d Random crash with rx5700 XT (RX580 is ok)
    * MPC AMD Driver crash when i saw a vid in full screen generaly after 5-6 Min, mpc say to me in log "error in direct X" (Same thing with rx580) catalyst 19.7.5 was the last without this bug
    * Grim Dawn sometimes graphics corrupt (RX580 is ok)

Only games in DX12 or Vulcan are clean

i also changed my cable hdmi for a cable display port, nothing change ..
    I have a monitor (iiyama G master G2730HSU) but with 75hz in 1080p, annoying , the 5700 xt bug with this frequency, forced to put in 60hz, i starts seriously to get angry

In my other PC i have an old gforce 1070 , ok there are also problems with the nvidia drivers but much less than with my RX580 and my 5700 XT
    What is really a pity is that the 5700 XT when everything works , is super great

See ya

=>Sorry Bad English

13. zeusola

zeusola Active Member

GPU:
    6700 xt
    I've been having tons of crashes with any driver past 19.7.5 also with RX 580 8GB (has never been 100% stable), totally random lockups, was playing the new Star Wars Fallen Order... which has save points, so when it crashes I have to do it all again, it was driving me up the wall, getting really heated (not the card, just me).

The Radeon settings have gotten to bloated, takes ages to load, it detects all my games, but you can't remove all profiles at once, only one at a time :/

If I want the overlay to work I first have to open the Radeon settings.

In task manager there is 5 processes to do with just the graphics card, even if you never installed Relive. Amdow, Amdrsserv, Atieclxx, Atiesrxx, RadeonSettings..

No overclocking headroom even with giant supplied coolers.

Tearing while watching videos.. freesync enabled on both monitor and card.

I want the performance of a new 5700 XT and a Ryzen cpu, but don't want all the issues.

passenger likes this.
  14. HK-1

HK-1 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX580 Power Color
    hmm no issues here...

15. LocoDiceGR

LocoDiceGR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3060 Ti
    No issues here either.

16. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Beta is beta.

17. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    ^
    If you are curious enough you will see the details on executable: Product version RC6 (release candidate).
    Its a good driver.Unstable and other shiit is a problem from some systems or from windows 10 patches.(if you OC the system or the card to squeeze every MHz then you have a unstable system in some games,because not every game's engines are the same)

Embra likes this.
  18. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    My 580 is working without issues and im even overclocking and overvolting the thing to its limits.

Kuss and Turanis like this.
  19. Turanis

Turanis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RX500
    ^
    You are Ancient Guru enough to know what you are doing. :)

Undying likes this.
  20. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    Hmm the blackscreen display off issue made a return after being gone for the 19.11.x drivers but it's simple enough to restart the graphics stack and clear the error log Windows generates from DWM, not a full display driver crash either so Wattman doesn't go into safe mode by resetting to default.

Other than that nothing to say about the driver so far, fixes a few things but not fully though some of these clock speed problems with Navi seem CPU related but I don't know for sure how it's working though some info points to PowerPlay being no more and instead something called SMU or something replaced it so perhaps it's with that and how it manages the card instead? (Some Linux code commit, not sure if there's any more info on how this works but haven't found anything.)

EDIT: Wattman defaults are different though come to think of it, boost and game clocks are down by a whole Megahertz compared to the 19.11.x drivers but the voltage is also at 1150 something instead of going for a full 1200 though a re-test with defaults should verify if it's not just being wonky again.
    (Seems to be a bit of a recurring issue with Wattman and how it acts up occasionally.)

Doesn't really affect things under load though as this issue happens when idle and it could be the GPU was having a moment and running somewhat but not fully elevated and the voltage had scaled up but not to the max hmm.

Well it's effectively harmless if annoying, hopefully the next driver out removes the (D3D11 only?) GPU driver crash listed there as a known issue and that can resolve part of the critical problems with Navi a bit late but at least they got fixed. :)

We'll see, OpenCL is still a thing, DXVA2 I need to look up, ReLive and x264 in particular I think it was and how that worked with the VCN hardware and err well there's more and some of it has since also been resolved and I'm not keeping up very well with what's what at the moment.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
    Embra likes this.