AMD Radeon Adrenalin Edition 19.12.1 driver download & discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Dec 2, 2019.

1. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Small but very important for some people. BFV 1080p was unplayable. Its much better now.

Passus and LocoDiceGR like this.
  2. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    This is what happens to me when I tweak Wattman to high, is that usual?

3. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Seems to be yes. Also this happens to me when I start tweaking the card.

4. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    finally the 1080p fix for navi
    have you tested some other game with this setting?

5. Grimbarian

Grimbarian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070 Ti
    Thanks for confirming, at first I hear my computer continuing in the background without a picture then eventually it locks up requiring a reset, but it's never shown any ill effects once restarted, assuming yours the same?

6. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    I only test BFV 1080p low ingame settings render ahead off. Before the card was not passing 800mhz and it was stuttering mess. Now it never drops bellow 1000mhz and stuttering is gone. There is some but its from the game as it was with my 480.

7. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    Im ok with the performance. Fixes would be nice. Wattman can be annoying when its not accepting changes.

8. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Yes. Also lowering the volt too much causes the screen to enter search signal mode but I can see the screen.

Grimbarian likes this.
  9. ninja750

ninja750 Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 REF
    only 1000?

10. Passus

Passus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4070 Gaming X
    He probably has a 5700 series and 1000mhz is enough for stability,, they are nothing like GCN at all

11. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    1000mhz+. Because with render ahead off (not recommended in this game) gpu utilization is bellow 70%. Going as low as 60%. This I blame the engine. With render ahead on or dx12 its close to 1800mhz.

12. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Correct. With 5700 the gpu load is very important for the clocks and currently there no way to lock the clocks.

Kuss and Passus like this.
  13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Well seems like putting a heavy load on the gpu fixes all issues with clocks.

Kuss and connos like this.
  14. Ameubius

Ameubius Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 ti
    I'm dissapointed with AMDs rx 5700 xt drivers. Bought a PowerColor red dragon card for my inlaw parents build, and have newer before experienced such massive instability issues. From what i'm reading it's a fairly common problem, but seldom mentioned by various reviewers.

As for this build i'm using a riser cable, and wonder if any of you think that might cause issues? I have tried two different cables without any luck. Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus 570 itx pro wifi, cpu 3600.

15. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Correct but there are some games that you want low settings high fps. It shouldn't be a problem. Its also common to try old games with your new card just to enjoy them with the better performance and it shouldn't behave like that.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    AlleyViper and Undying like this.

16. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Yes remove the riser. I would never use such a thing even if it came with the motherboard.

17. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    For my case the only problem is stuttering and downclocking. But seems new driver is improving all this.

18. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Whether it is Nvidia or AMD, open-source or proprietary, mGPU or single, I always encounter someone who finds a reason to complain and thinks the grass is greener on the other side. Aside from the fact that just isn't true, the grass on your side is never as brown as you think it is either. Almost every time I've ever heard someone complain about driver issues, my first reaction is always "what did you do to screw it up?" because for me, it's never as bad as people claim it is.

If you want to play games where "it just works", get a console. PCs require you to tinker. More often than not, something not working properly is the user's fault, unless of course it is confirmed to be a [near-]unanimous issue.
    This isn't directed at just you, but a wide range of people who say "X driver is so much worse than Y" when other people using the same driver don't get the same problem. God forbid you make a mistake... people just have to blame someone else.

</rant>

Kuss, rafaelluik, sykozis and 2 others like this.
  19. warlord

warlord Guest

GPU:
    Null
    Black screen combined with pc lockup when I exit a long gaming session, is not funny nor simple. The fix until now is a Whql driver for some weird reason. o_O

20. GlennB

GlennB Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 EK
    WHQL is nothing more than a test to see if drivers work on a set of different types of hardware. It's not an extensive test to spot any bugs, it's more a compatibility test. You can't expect much from a free test, it used to cost 250 $ for a single test. A non-whql driver does not mean beta by any means.

Consoles use a custom OS and 1 single type of hardware, there are no software layers or a million different hardware setups to take in account.

Kuss, rafaelluik, HK-1 and 1 other person like this.