Graphics are stagnant.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Serotonin, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    No they haven't. you don't even have their source code to claim this so run along.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  2. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    Ignorance is not a virtue.
    Btw, here is what Crytek have to say about it. They say the same what i said.

3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yes, i'd like some snake oil from the snake oil salesmen.

4. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    VR does have some pretty cool experiences, like nothing else, but the graphics/fidelity aren't quite there yet. Not if compared to the top PC games. The next generation of headsets should be pretty great though and hopefully capable of that kind of scenery.

Same here. For years now. Though I may actually get a game started, I can't seem to get into it. 10 minutes later, it's closed, and I'm on the internet. I did, however, play a ton of Red Dead Redemption 2. Been wanting to play a Red Dead game for 10 years. It makes me wonder if I should bother with a new build next year. I like to build though, so I'm sure it will happen.

serbicu likes this.
  5. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    That's an answer i was expecting, because you don't know better! Bravo!

Give this man two medals please!

6. *cough* lame *cough cough*

7. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    We need a new crysis using the latest cryengine

Deleted member 213629 likes this.
  8. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    we need crysis to stay dead, and crytek to finally go bankrupt.

Archvile82 likes this.
  9. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    Why?

10. S.T.A.R.A.C.

S.T.A.R.A.C. Master Guru

GPU:
    HD 7970 3GB WindForce
    He hates himself, so ignore it.

Don't expect new Crysis soon. They now work on Hunt and Cryengine 5.7 version which will have this RT tech. But that's in the middle 2020. If they decide to make new Crysis it's gonna be with this RT tech.

11. AATT

AATT Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080
    Most of the 360 Gen was a relatively lackluster improvement in some areas, and in others even worse, only lately it started to gain some pace.

Show a non tech person a game like HL2 or Far Cry etc compared to the latest competitors and the reaction I can imagine would be rather reserved, for the first glance the only big difference is the lightning, shadows and light everywhere, but also I would say more flickering/shimmering and blur etc, thats all. o_O

12. I'm guessing it's in regards to Crytek's recent legal spouts of late... which were thrown out of court by many a judge ... sad to say as they used to be quite a reputable studio... although yes it would be nice to see them return to better days - one has to acknowledge the fact the Yerli brothers are a joke whom owe some ex-employees back-pay still & delayed payroll of others despite the fact it's an obligation to pay on-time; their developers don't delay the work at whim.

.... you really couldn't be anymore of a thundering dumb-ass could you .... do you have no understanding of world-events? :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2019
    Archvile82 likes this.
  13. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Because thats what should happen to companies that buy their ceo a new lambo instead of paying their employees

14. MikeG

MikeG Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan RTX
    So there were no periods of months or years spent in online games prior to that or during it? For me it was many years in Guild Wars. And way back about 2 decades ago it was several months in Unreal and Unreal Tournament. No more online games now though, just stuff like Witcher 3, the SP version of RDR2 and a few others like Deus Ex MD.

15. Danny_G13

Danny_G13 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Trio
    Just to add to the OP - I really thought Ray Tracing was going to be this big step forward, but it just isn't.

Control looks only modestly better than its predecessor Quantum Break, albeit with more intense reflections and lighting, while games in general these days just don't blow me away visually. I expected BFV to be a bit of a leap but it was underwhelming apart from some nice snow/HDR lighting.

I feel like it's been a long time since I saw something genuinely jaw dropping.

Maybe we're just harder to please now?

16. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    You ain't seen nothing yet, kid.

17. Valerys

Valerys Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX2080S
    I think games are slowly evolving making people believe they look about the same. I thought the same too but recently after playing shadow of the tomb raider I went back to tomb raider from 2013 which looked dull, poor textures and object complexity although I remembered it looking a lot better.
    I hope ray tracing finds a proper place in game design, it's fine for GI and shadows but picture clear reflections? It's like going back to 90s, no thanks.

18. Control is bangin' rays n all... psh...

19. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    The best looking game since crysis is probably battlefield 1 and the beta for star wars battlefront, that game looked sick for it s time in 2016, so i guess

Dragam1337 likes this.