Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

video on the prison mechanics.

2. kx11

kx11 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    anyone knows how to jump from one planet to the other ? i want to explore easily :(

3. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    https://support.robertsspaceindustries.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019449994-How-to-Quantum-Travel

set a destination on your mobiglass app, align to your a target destination hold B down.

in the ship panel today they said they delaying the carrack till feb and i think 3.9 now to work on it so me more that it was not ready, seems to me they forgot or broke the skin or shaders for the ship, and that made it look AWFUL.

so the whines on the forums were all over the place but most involved how the ship was fugly did not look like the carrack, too fat too squat, engines too small i agree with the mass of the ship the engines look comically undersized, and i think like most just make them big old slats in that area 2 bigger 2 smaller boom perfect does not have to have a rounded engine.

did look "fat" but like i said something was broken that the ship was just gray. like drab no features gray. put a skin on the thing and let us see it. beyond that thin it back out? cant make it longer but a working skin could make a world of dif i would think.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
  4. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Do ppl still play this game? lol

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    yea it actually close to being a game.

6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Going by all the video's I've been watching of it on youtube it does seem like a lot of people are playing it.

7. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    2.45 million backers...

8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    and 251 million dollars, and a record breaking funding month.

THE END IS NIGH!

Undying, Humanoid_1 and Coolerking like this.
  9. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    if leaks are true we have some new ships going on sale today maybe, the ares some kind of fighter, and mole mining ship.

3.8 due for wider ptu release soon also. maybe they try and mesh the two since the ares and mole i think are flyable in 3.8 or will be.

just the ares not flyable in 3.8.

not my cup of tea.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
  10. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti

will get you an aurora, you can be a salt merchant :p

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Will this ever come to Steam? I know it's sold through their main website but once SQ42 is released will it be sold anywhere else?

12. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Not sure, but you can add the launcher to steam and it works.

Cloud Imperium Games\RSI Launcher\RSI Launcher.exe"

13. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Wing Commander games are now on sale at gog.com...I'm seeing €1.39 for 1+2, and then for each other sequel separately, incl Privateer 1

For those wondering where Chris Roberts came from...

DocStrangelove and cerebus23 like this.
  14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    i cant recall what CR has said about steam other than i imagine hes given well we want to have max exposure on as many platforms as possible.

do they steam to deploy the game or keep the game updated though? not really they got their own launcher and patcher that actually works pretty well now days, they got a bunch of rabid fans will promote the game and market the game constantly.

but to bring on outside sales in a quick easy way, especially if squadron 42 is a 7 or better game steam sales charts and promotion cant be underrated.

maybe the do the initial backer release and later steam release for a holiday window even. no reason they cant do both, they not exactly strapped for cash.

15. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB

16. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    ^ merry christmas.

KissSh0t likes this.
  17. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    I doubt it I can't see CIG happily giving any cash to anyone other than CIG.

18. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Guest

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    I fear they'll release this game when PCs no longer exist and everbody is just jacking in to the www via brainplugin[tm].

19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    i don't see a problem with that.

20. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    well you crunch the number the number of people on steam vs the number of people they already reach through their marketing and fanbase, and social media interaction.

even if you grant all the other there is a set base of people who login to steam play games on steam and give little attention to anything else. dumping the game on the steam nets you a flood of sales likely in the 10,000s lacking that that reach is a slower burn likely, though star citizen releases a game people can buy and play that is huge marker and something that people can put their eyes and brains into. that alone is going to grab a bunch of people who fence sitting till a final game is released, how many is that though?

internal company polls likely are looking at that however if they use polling.

i do not think they loose much not going steam, but steam is great at promoting your game also keeping it on sales charts, and news feeds for games your follow or own and showing people yes we are selling a game not just virtual space ships and lofty promises.