Disco Elysium (Detective CRPG)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowDuke, Oct 23, 2019.

1. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    “An irresponsibly deep detective RPG that lets you be any kind of detective you want. Even a bad one.”
    92/100 – PC Gamer

“Its twisting plot, cast of memorable characters, and sheer depth of choice combine to create an experience that begs to be savoured.”
    96/100 – IGN

“An adventure of incalculable scope that exudes mastery and undermines absolutely everything that Western role-playing has produced over the past twenty years.”
    10/10 – Canard PC

About This Game

[​IMG]
    Disco Elysium is a groundbreaking open world role playing game. You’re a detective with a unique skill system at your disposal and a whole city block to carve your path across. Interrogate unforgettable characters, crack murders or take bribes. Become a hero or an absolute disaster of a human being.
    [​IMG]
    • Unprecedented freedom of choice. Intimidate, sweet-talk, resort to violence, write poetry, sing karaoke, dance like a beast or solve the meaning of life. Disco Elysium is the most faithful representation of desktop role playing ever attempted in video games.
    • Countless tools for role playing. Mix and match from 24 wildly different skills. Develop a personal style with 80 clothes items. Wield 14 tools from guns to flashlights to a boombox, or pour yourself a cocktail of 6 different psychoactive substances. Develop your character even further with 60 wild thoughts to think – with the detective's Thought Cabinet.
    • A revolutionary dialogue system with unforgettable characters. The world is alive with real people, not extras. Play them against each other, try to help them, or fall hopelessly in love. Disco Elysium's revolutionary dialogue system, with partially voiced characters, lets you do almost anything.
    • Carve your unique path across the city. Explore, manipulate, collect tare or become a millionaire in an open world unlike anything you've seen before. The city of Revachol is yours for the taking, one small piece at a time. From the streets to the beaches – and beyond.
    • Hard boiled, hard core. Death, sex, taxes and disco – nothing is off the table. Revachol is a real place with real challenges. Solve a massive murder investigation, or relax and kick back with sprawling side-cases. The detective decides, the citizens abide.
    Trailer:

Screenshots:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2019
    Lbuipo, BetA, SpajdrEX and 3 others like this.
  2. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    One of the best writing i ever saw in a game. The best RPG of 2019 many say.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  3. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Great post man!

4. Wow end of 2019 not pulling any punches ehh? Ami rite! :cool::)

5. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    I almost ignored this thread thinking it was a console dance game!
    You might want to put a bit more info in the title.

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Will do.

7. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    think gog was giving away a game if you proordered this last week. bit of nifty marketing to bundle a free game in with an 8 or 9 game.

8. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    This game wasn't even on my radar prior to release (I too thought it was a dance game). However the reviews I have read are stunning. I honestly thought games of this (apparent) depth had gone the way of the dodo bird. I will definitely have this on my wishlist. :)

9. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    Game is fascinating, so much lore, be as straight edge, drunk or weird as you want. Good cop, bad cop, etc. I'm near completion now, got about 30 hours in so maybe about 5-8 to go.

cerebus23 likes this.
  10. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz

11. serbicu

serbicu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Suprim
    yeah this game is a gem! not for everybody though :)

12. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    I even read in mainstream newspaper's sites that it's supposed to be as good as RPG gets these days, in the narrowest understatement of the term. Will pick this up once I'm done with Pillars of Eternity (just started)

13. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I read the reviews about the game and i don´t understand something, is there some sort of gameplay besides talking and chosing what to be or what to be??? The scores seem very exaggerated but i could be wrong.

14. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    yes there is... The whole thought Process is an gameplay in it self.. lol.. I dont really know how to explain it, its something new id say and never been done in a game? or maybe yes, well, if it was done before, i shure dont know about it.

anyway, to make it short, best would be to watch this interview. It explained the mechanics pretty good without spoiling it..

fantaskarsef likes this.
  15. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I'm intrigued, looks like nothing i've ever seen before.

16. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Just saw this for the first time yesterday, and although its a bit outside the type of games I tend to gravitate toward, would love to hear any guru's experiences with it.. It does look super unique. Am intrigued!

17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB