Star Citizen - Squadron 42 - Upcoming PC Space Sim.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Yep, wasn't even meaning to trigger someone

Moving on though,

@cerebus23 did you notice the SQ42 cast list has added even more A list actors?

2. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

hmmm new ones?

3. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    I just hope it'll have better writing than this wing commander movie lol...

cerebus23 and HandR like this.
  4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    think part of the cheese of the 80s was down to the powder was so popular in the 70s-80s :p. CR i suspect was a fan.

we got no indication there is any 80s cheese in the slices we saw so i think we ok there and this is going to be a more "gritty" 90s-00 wing commander than the games of your youth.

XenthorX likes this.

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    From the last teaser for SQ42 there were one part at the end that triggered me :

"Tali on me, let's say 'Hi' ..." :confused::confused::confused::confused:

cerebus23 likes this.
  7. nwc

nwc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Hi all, Star Citizen is having a Free-Fly week, 28Oct - 03Nov 2019, and you can try the game for free.

Follow steps below to get access to the game and a number of ships:
    1a. [Optional]: Get a referral code from the Reddit referral randomiser for extra goodies:
    https://gorefer.me/randomizer/STAR#button
    1b. Enlist here:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/enlist, putting in referral code for above if you want.
    2. Then download the game here:
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/promotions/37-Free-Fly

Enjoy

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Coolerking and cerebus23 like this.
  8. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    oh yea i got that mail ^ probably see a few going into anniversary and the holiday sale though 2 3 this time of year is typical.

9. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    *bump*

Citizencon 2949 this weekend...lots of potential for interesting announcements/trailers.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    fingers crossed they sell the f8 ;p.

and a carrack full reveal release would make people squeal.

gonna be really hard to sit on my aquila or ccu to a carrack but more i see of the carrack rework more i want it. guess it depends on the offensive side of things how the thing is. aquilia got lots of guns but also tons of missiles.

also the redeemer might make a showing the ship many declared dead, i debated a deemer vs connie way back, but this was after they had paper ne4rfed the hell out of the deemers weapons and it looked like garbage on paper for 250. so i got the aquilia. now they talking about a gunship rather than drop ship function, which is per CRs "fighting mans constellation" description of the redeemer.

outside chance i ccu my 5 year hurricane into a redeemer though, i not even flown the hurricane at all yet :p.

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Did anyone watch these? some of the stuff shown was pretty cool....

The first video's audio was super quiet... and some other technical issues with voip... but other than that I really enjoyed it, especially the wormhole bit in the second video.

cerebus23 likes this.
  12. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    noobifier and bored been upping then on yourube, i do not twitch, so i caught most of them.

that carrack interior got me debating chucking more $ into the game. got another month to mull it over, looks like the exterior was greybox or something though, and no skin?

that new "snub" is sweet also. 55 dollar ship with quantum and it looks sweet. 20 bucks more it can gun up to 4 guns.

cant wait for 3.8 3.9 and the snow stuff looked really great, transitions were a bit quick, but when he was shaking the hell out of the helmet as he was putting it on because he was cold that was nice.

muh immersion boner was flogged hard this citizencon. and exploration with the environmental stuff could lead to some epic emergent play.

13. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

new star marine game mode "combined arms" objective based combat areas. planetside like.

14. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    prison mechanics sound fun also.

you have a credits system and you earn merit/s per min you are in prison until your sentence is done, it ONLY gives you merits when you are logged into the character.

you can also do jobs to earn merits both official and unofficial, mining, boxing rings, black market smuggling, assassinations, all will be things and there might be reason you would want to be put in prison to reach a target or to get information to smuggle a thing inside a prison.

you also can trade merits among prisoners and you can make a living selling merits to other players so they can pay off their sentences faster.

hell i half imagine that you might have to get tossed into prisons to learn some fighting styles especially alien ones.

but it sounds that like mining serving time is going to be far more fun and deep than just staring at a wall while your on yourtube.

15. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts

AMAZING tech.

XenthorX likes this.

16. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    It's funny because i'm working on such a tech and i guess i'll take the humidity/temperature approach moving forward too.

Astyanax, Undying and cerebus23 like this.
  17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    they were tallking about the weather being effected by that data and how weather systems will simulate also.

also glad they walking back that curated econ for a dynamic living econ they were sticking on that hard for the longest time but said a dynamic simulated economy was just far more doable. also means players will be able to effect supply chains.

3.8 is so huge cant wait.

XenthorX and Undying like this.
  18. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 Suprim X
    *download 3.8 now*

Just showing off - can't talk about it yet ! :oops:

cerebus23 likes this.
  19. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    :rolleyes: EVOCATI

XenthorX likes this.
  20. Coolerking

Coolerking Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX5700 XT
    Love the avos!
    The whole thing just keeps getting better and better.

XenthorX likes this.