Steam autumn 2019 sale has started

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Steam sale will last until December 3 so you have enough time to check out some discounts, and grab that special something on your wishlist for a lower price. ...

Steam autumn 2019 sale has started

2. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Might grab Shadow of War... but everybody knows, it's less than a month until Christmas sale comes around again anyway...
    The most practicable thing is, do the steam awards thing to up your profile level :D (j/k)

3. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Dota2 got huge patch released. I probably not gonna need any new game any time soon.

4. magiQx

magiQx Active Member

GPU:
    vega 64
    yeah. i dont like that release. at least not yet. need to get used to it i guess.

5. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    It will iron itself out with time, as always. I personally looking forward to play it. Tested new heroes, seems like fun.

Kinda weird they didn't went with version 8.00 instead, or at least 7.30.
    7.23 is a minor patch and they just basically redesigned the game with it.

6. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    @sverek
    Moba games are like nerve balalaika. How can you play them? Community is pure cancer.

7. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I got destiny2 shadowkeep deluxe edition.. 44e is somewhat ok, 60e was too much.

8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    It's an awesome game, got like 90 hours from it and bought it in last year's sale, or summer, can't remember. But yeah... might be a good idea to wait 4 more weeks or so for the proper sales and level.

Even though the rational thing is to wait, I might cave and get RDR2 next week on Steam...:oops:

fantaskarsef likes this.
  9. chr!s

chr!s Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX™ 3080 TI
    is that Gabe in the shop there? xD

10. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    Of course it is :D

[​IMG]

chr!s likes this.

11. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Solfaur, fantaskarsef and jbscotchman like this.
  12. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Any competitive games are pure cancer. CS:GO, COD, BF4, LoL, even Civilization multiplayer gets salty.

Pick your poison. Or stick to single/Coop games.

However, as I ranked up, there are less players who ruin game experience and most try to stick to the game and do their best.
    Probably same with any other games with properly implemented rank system.

Solfaur likes this.
  13. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    I was in top 1000 players on World of Tanks EU at one point, however, when developer changes a game from competitive and balanced product into pay to win unbalanced trash - that was enough for me. I just don't get the same drive from online games anymore at all, mostly due to communities or time contribution they require.

But I do agree that once you get above the "trash kids" it does get better.

14. sverek

sverek Guest

GPU:
    NOVIDIA -0.5GB
    Worlds Of Tanks was a trap from the beginning. Get people in, add pay wall, now they forced to pay to stay relevant. The amount of money they spend on ads tells the story.

Dota2 is always 100% accessible to all players. Cosmetics are the only thing you can pay for and it doesn't affect your or other gameplay in any way.
    They did add co-op mode behind paywall before, but I couldn't care less for it. All I care for is to call "gg ez" before disconnecting when losing a game.

15. fantaskarsef

fantaskarsef Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090@H2O
    Yeah had my eye on that one as well! Sadly it's not limited, since I'd buy it for investment and later resell it... but definitely brought back memories of me being smol (pardon meme speak) and remembering the original movie Batman and Joker... will never forget Jack's power lighter o_O

As for multiplayer games being cancerous... there's a reason why hid the chat in BF4 and BF5... and still not missed it a single moment.

16. cryohellinc

cryohellinc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 6750XT/ MAC M1
    Incorrect - there was never a paywall of any kind, up until the change of management. So technically that can happen to any product at any point - greedy owners will ruin it.

17. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    Aliens: Colonial Marines is on sale as a whole at €6...you could strategically buy it just to show there is still demand for Alien games...of course you'd want to install TemplarGFX' ACMoverhaulv6 mod, which you need to dig up from the Steam community thread as the dude only put it up on his Google drive. Desperate times for the franchise now they're making phone games ...

18. Angantyr

Angantyr Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070 Super X
    Even with the ACMoverhaul6 mod as you name it.. Is Aliens; Colonial Marines even worth it? I recall the game getting a lot of flack for being below mediocre.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Texter likes this.
  20. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I don't need anything, i have at last crossed the threshold, only took 800 plus games but i got there, praise be the lord of back catalogue. Lol