Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Exactly. Just the shader caches. The new Nvidia drivers added Vulcan support for NCP sharpening and it seems to be conflicting a bit with certain setups and the shader cache needs to be rebuilt from scratch.

2. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Wow, I wasn't expecting that. In any case, I ran the benchmark with maxed out core frequencies and without, results are exactly the same.

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. Whiplashwang

Whiplashwang Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 PNY
  4. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Im using the new drivers, No stutter or anything so I've not had to deleted any files.

My game rebuilds the shaders each time I do drivers anyway, I'm on vulkan if it helps.
    Tried dx12 but fps in towns is much lower.

is the NVCP sharpening the same as the GFE freestyle sharpening? Just for those who don't have GFE?

Pic of the zombie woman.
    https://imgur.com/a/mr0DClr

[​IMG]

big ROBOT bill likes this.

5. Dragam1337

Dragam1337 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 Gaming OC
    Or for those who are forced to have GFE, but refuse to use the overlay, as it causes all kinds of issues.

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    You did not just link to one of your hd directory's did you?

Hehe, I don't know. I just upped the fsb a little and let my motherboard do the rest. :D

7. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
  8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Does it matter? :D i only copied my voltages and p-states from the prog im using to manage them. ;)

Just curious about the/your voltages since you have the same cpu. So your cpu is at 4,4ghz all the time? I managed my p-states to avoid energy waste, because our cpu has a high tdp.

9. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    Nah I need to fix that in my profile page, because I just keep it at stock 4ghz now days since it's getting old. When I first built this system in 2014 I ran it at 4.4ghz but like I said I just did a simple fsb adjustment and run benchmarks to test stability.

10. SameOldx2

SameOldx2 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070
    I'm 118 hours in so far. Still only 75% complete. Just spent the last 8+ game hours driving around a 4 horse stagecoach in first-person mode. Posted a few pics in the screenshot thread. It was fun and challenging at the same time.

11. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    I am the only one who has some weird sound cracking sounds? While playing. The issue is random, sometimes the sound cracking is bat and I need to reboot the game, but it's not fixed 100%.

12. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090

Ive not had any issues with it ever tbh. I use it for ansel, Shadowplay is a huge plus recording stuff thats already happened, and I played metro exodus using the freestyle filter stuff.

But PCs being what they are I can understand that for some it doesn't work that well.

Dragam1337 likes this.
  13. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    You may have a problem caused by something installed.
    2 things you can try

Run Latencymon to try and find the culprit.
    https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

Run MSI_util_v2 to configure parts of your system to convert IRQs from line based to MSI.
    https://forums.guru3d.com/threads/w...ge-signaled-based-interrupts-msi-tool.378044/

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
  14. criolf

criolf Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 2080 SLI
    Hello!

If anyone has some guidance, I'd be grateful for a resolve to "Red Dead Redemption 2 Exited Unexpectedly" issue.
    Short history, as it has a twist: it worked well on Aorus Elite/ I7 9700K/ RTX2080 with drivers 441.21, then 441.34, benchmark average frames ~45, but decided to go SLI, so had to switch to Aorus Ultra, got a 2nd RTX2080 and an NVLink, updated to latest 441.41.
    Since then, the game refuses to start.
    Tried all the fixes I've seen online (verify/reinstall/nuke Windows/run as admin/delete profile/stop antivirus/etc. - found out now about the sound 16 to 24bit change, I'll try this too), but to no avail.
    All other games work (Doom/Fallout 4/ Jedi Fallen/ Gears 5/ Control/ 3D Mark/ etc.), with various success on the SLI implementation, but that's another discussion.

Any advice, anyone?

Thank you!

15. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Not sure if it's the recent update to 1207.77 (from 1207.73) and/or the new NVIDIA v441.41 driver but RDR2 is running noticeably worst that before, some 77 hours in.

I now have odd audio stutters, usually these occur during cutscenes, which I never had before as well as performance hitches that I've not had previously to the same extent. Previously, I would only experience some minor stuttering when traversing the environment at high speed on horseback, obviously a streaming hiccup, but now it seems like they happen every few minutes in the area I'm currently playing in which is Saint Denis. Now to be clear, I have been in this area numerous times in earlier chapters (I am currently on Chapter 4) and it was running fine and dandy prior. I have not changed any settings and I am still using Vulkan at 2560x1440 on a mix of mostly Ultra/High graphics options. The only thing different in Saint Denis this time is that Arthur Morgan now has a nice long curly beard (8 out of 10 notches per the settings) but surely that can't be the cause, right?

Not sure quite what is going on but it's not like I leave anything else running while playing this game. I leave the Rockstar Games Launcher running (obviously) but exit Steam, Battle.net and Origin so they don't download updates in the background while I am playing the game.

P.S. Anyone been experiencing glitching on Arthur's hair during some missions in Saint Denis such as the one were he has to dress up for a party? The bottom part of his hair (which was long at the time) glitches as if there is a Z-buffer conflict with the shirt collar of his suit. It was very distracting during the mission but, oddly, doesn't appear in the cutscenes (which clearly render the character at a much higher detail level than the in-game model).

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    Deleted member 109358 likes this.

16. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    That should actually be pretty interesting.
    Either they put it on sale at 49.99 which almost matches EGS and RSL, or they wait until Black Friday is over and start selling the game the 30th for 59.99.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    ..did you try to delete the cache files like mentioned a few times already? :D

18. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    My fix worked on the short term but yesterday I got this f*ckin camera freeze/stuttering/hiccup/whatever-it-is when moving the mouse again. Everything was working so smooth till the latest patch... It happens less often than the first time but still it occurs...

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Sorry to appear so ignorant but what cache files?

20. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Darren Hodgson likes this.