Red Dead Redemption 2

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Havel, Oct 16, 2016.

1. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus
    It is definitely one of the most if not the best cinematic gaming experiences in history in my opinion. It very well could make a good TV mini series like Hatfields and McCoys or The HIghwaymen if done properly. Throughout the game there were several scenarios that made me think of one iconic film character, and that was Clint Eastwood's The Outlaw Josey Wales. I've watched that movie countless times since I was a kid, and would be very surprised if Rockstar didn't get some influence from that film.

Shataan likes this.
  2. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    I had that with My Name is Nobody when i was a kid,still one of my all time favorites. I cant count the times ive seen that movie and it was mostly because of a few scenes like Jack Beauregard Vs The Wild Bunch. I think it such a badass scene. The awesome music from Ennio and the slow pace of how the scene got build up still gives me goosebumps. Sometimes i'd watch it twice a day or every day atleast for those few scenes. The voice actor who does Hosea reminds me alot of Henry Fonda btw.

This scene !

jbscotchman likes this.
  3. Birdy62

Birdy62 Active Member

GPU:
    Asus 680 GTX
    Yes, i am. But i have some error messages when i try to use it (Reshade forums are talking about this).
    And i have no problems with DX12,no crashes, stuttering, etc

4. Does anyone have any guides on reshade and resolution scale adjustment and image sharpening for RDR2?

Playing the game at 1080P using Gamers Unboxed settings the game looks blurry, especially grass amd trees. Even colors and textures don't look crisp or sharp...they looks smudged, only way I know how to describe it.

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    How s this game performing on gtx 970?

6. jbscotchman

jbscotchman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1660 Ti Ventus

7. coc

coc Maha Guru

GPU:
    3060Ti
    not looking so good. i prefer stable frames and medium quality settings over stuttering and frame drops.
    seems like my 1070GTX will also struggle at 1080P on high settings.

8. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Better than in this video! Only preset grahpics (slider) tested and only vulkan, so no tweaks, so worse fps...

9. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    New update.. 1207.77 - One stands out..

Also, my graphics settings WERE NOT reset with this update!

RDR2 Title Update 1.15 Notes (PS4 / Xbox One / Stadia / PC)
    [November 25, 2019] General / Miscellaneous – PC

• Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when changing Windows audio devices/settings while the game was running
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when launching the game after switching between Vulkan and DirectX 12
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when graphical settings were changed and applied while close to the VRAM limit
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during loading screens when launching Story Mode or Red Dead Online
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when attempting to quit the game
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when switching between several input devices
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during gameplay when using keyboard and mouse controls
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when transitioning between Story Mode and Red Dead Online
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash when entering Photo Mode while the player was in cinematic camera mode
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a crash during certain weather conditions on systems with multiple graphics cards
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in graphical errors and other instability when using Vulkan with multiple graphics cards
    • Improvements to address an issue that resulted in a random crash during gameplay when using DirectX 12
    • Improvements to address issues that resulted in random crashes during gameplay in Story Mode and Red Dead Online

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    Amaze likes this.
  10. OleMortenF

OleMortenF Member

GPU:
    980 SC 4GB
    Cool, I'll switch over to DX12 and try again tonight.

11. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    I'm getting a weird frame skipping I never had after this patch. It ran always well with no hiccups, now when I move the mouse the image freezes for a second. Doesn't always happen but it's nerving.

12. Syranetic

Syranetic Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 4080
    Hurray, maybe I can use DX12 now!

angelgraves13 likes this.
  13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'm curious about the patch note mentioning Vulkan and multi-gpu setups. I wish I had 2 of the same GPU in order to do some testing since it would be really nice to play Ultra 4K instead of "just" High settings at 4K.

14. Shataan

Shataan Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090ti
    I never play these types of games. But since it has a 1st person playable view, I had to try it. It has been a struggle, but I am plodding along nicely. Imho, this game all around is a literal Work of Art! .

Grimbarian and jbscotchman like this.
  15. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Huh,i havent seen this patch come in for me. Is it already available to download ? And is there any way to see what version im on currently,maybe it did download but i missed it somehow..

16. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    When you start the game, in the second screen, at the right lower hand corner, you can see the version number.
    The patch was small, that's why you didn't see it. I barely saw it too.

17. Smokey25

Smokey25 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX970 EVGA FTW+
    Ah i see thanks ! I have it.

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Hoping for a December 5th Steam Release.

cerebus23 and angelgraves13 like this.
  19. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Please!
    Glad I held off buying sooner, a lot of bugs were splatted.

angelgraves13 likes this.
  20. Serotonin

Serotonin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 4080 16GB
    No one cares about your purchase habits or platform loyalty.

Grimbarian and angelgraves13 like this.